What is the Tanakh

meshak

BANNED
Banned
the difference of the number of chapters shows that the number of chapters in a book is not always the same

Is that going to change the content of the book?

I don't think so.

It seems just nitpicking to me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is that going to change the content of the book?

I don't think so.

It seems just nitpicking to me.

it does not change the content

you can read the english and see it is different from most english translations

it depends on which Malachi or TaNaK you read.

if you read the Old Covenant or Old Testament you may think of Malachi as the last book

meshak

BANNED
Banned
there isn't a problem

but if we want to talk about what we read we can talk about how we think of it

Everyone is familiar with OT book.

When you say Tanak, you may give impression they are different.

why do you try so hard to impress with your choice of word?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Everyone is familiar with OT book.

When you say Tanak, you may give impression they are different.

why do you try so hard to impress with your choice of word?

As a Christian I thought that Malachi should be read before Matthew.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

As a Christian we should not dwell on so much on OT since Jesus corrected OT people's interpretation.

why do you want to repeat the mistakes of OT people?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As a Christian we should not dwell on so much on OT since Jesus corrected OT people's interpretation.

why do you want to repeat the mistakes of OT people?

Correcting something you do not believe in is not something that Jesus did nor that you should do. I will stay with studying the TaNaK. Otherwise I talk about the Old Covenant and the Old Testament. But is the Torah called the Old Covenant and the Old Testament? Or the TaNaK?

All Scripture that Paul spoke of was the TaNaK or the Torah or I don't know what it was.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am glad to be corrected. I thought the confusion was a language problem. So, English is your first language?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I grew up with English. I do not know if an English word was my first word.

Myrrhcask

I grew up with English. I do not know if an English word was my first word.
The way you write doesn't quite seem like English was your mother language. Were you or your parents deaf and used sign language to communicate?

(This seems like a game of "What's my line." Sorry.)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The way you write doesn't quite seem like English was your mother language. Were you or your parents deaf and used sign language to communicate?

(This seems like a game of "What's my line." Sorry.)

No problem. I do not know the best way to respond.

I was born a citizen of the United States of America. I was born a Gentile. I grew up Christian. I was a Christian. I was a Gentile. I became a convert to Israel and Judaism.

My parents were not deaf as far as I know. They are still living. I have learned some sign language. American Sign Language? Mostly just finger sign. The letters of the English or American alphabet I think.

But my last name is a German last name. I am not German. My Mother's last name was an English last name. I am not English.

Shalom.

Jacob

Myrrhcask

Shalom.

Boker Tov. Today is Sheni, 11-13. It is Yom, Day.

I do not know what you mean by saying the Jewish Bible.

I do not know why you use the spelling Tenach.

Is the Jewish Bible the Torah? Or, is it the TaNaK?

You may have implied that the Old Testament and the Jewish Bible, though not the same, comprise the same material. But this is using a lot of words that you may not be comfortable with.

Shalom.

Jacob

I spell Tenach that way because my autocorrect seems to prefer it. There is also a website that spells it that way.

The Jewish Bible means the Tenach, which also means the Old Testament.

I don't imply, I state that although the order of books may differ the Old Testament and the Tenach comprise the same material.

I am very comfortable using any of these words. And you may have noticed that I am comfortable with using a lot of words--to the point of being verbose.

I am happy to help anyone understand better anything that I can understand. So, I hope I am helpful to you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I spell Tenach that way because my autocorrect seems to prefer it. There is also a website that spells it that way.

The Jewish Bible means the Tenach, which also means the Old Testament.

I don't imply, I state that although the order of books may differ the Old Testament and the Tenach comprise the same material.

I am very comfortable using any of these words. And you may have noticed that I am comfortable with using a lot of words--to the point of being verbose.

I am happy to help anyone understand better anything that I can understand. So, I hope I am helpful to you.

Shalom.

I have heard of the Jewish Bible, the Hebrew Bible, the Hebrew Scriptures, the Christian Bible, the Bible, and the Jerusalem Bible.

Shalom.

Jacob

Myrrhcask

You don't have to read the Bible in any particular order. Some people have prepared reading guides for those who want to read the whole Bible in one or two years, but the purpose is to help people realize the goal of reading the whole Bible, not to prescribe an order they must follow.

Myrrhcask

Shalom.

I have heard of the Jewish Bible, the Hebrew Bible, the Hebrew Scriptures, the Christian Bible, the Bible, and the Jerusalem Bible.

Shalom.

Jacob
The first three are general terms for the Old Testament or Tenach.
The Christian Bible and the Bible are general terms for the Old and New Testaments together.
The Jerusalem Bible refers to an recent English translation of the Bible prepared for Catholics.