What is the Tanakh

Myrrhcask

No problem. I do not know the best way to respond.

I was born a citizen of the United States of America. I was born a Gentile. I grew up Christian. I was a Christian. I was a Gentile. I became a convert to Israel and Judaism.

My parents were not deaf as far as I know. They are still living. I have learned some sign language. American Sign Language? Mostly just finger sign. The letters of the English or American alphabet I think.

But my last name is a German last name. I am not German. My Mother's last name was an English last name. I am not English.

Shalom.

Jacob
Interesting. So, do you live in Israel now? If so, how did that come about, since you are not Jewish?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Myrrhcask

Correcting something you do not believe in is not something that Jesus did nor that you should do. I will stay with studying the TaNaK. Otherwise I talk about the Old Covenant and the Old Testament. But is the Torah called the Old Covenant and the Old Testament? Or the TaNaK?

All Scripture that Paul spoke of was the TaNaK or the Torah or I don't know what it was.

Shalom.

Jacob

When Paul wrote, in 2 Timothy 3:16, that, "All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching ...", and so on, he was referring primarily to the Tenach, or Old Testament. That is because the New Testament books had not yet been written. But, Paul also stated that the things he wrote were also inspired by God. John also said that his own writings were inspired by God. And the other books of the New Testament have been seen to be inspired by God as well. So now Paul's statement is applied to both Old and New Testaments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The first three are general terms for the Old Testament or Tenach.
The Christian Bible and the Bible are general terms for the Old and New Testaments together.
The Jerusalem Bible refers to an recent English translation of the Bible prepared for Catholics.

I am not Catholic.
Interesting. So, do you live in Israel now? If so, how did that come about, since you are not Jewish?
I have never been to Israel.
When Paul wrote, in 2 Timothy 3:16, that, "All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching ...", and so on, he was referring primarily to the Tenach, or Old Testament. That is because the New Testament books had not yet been written. But, Paul also stated that the things he wrote were also inspired by God. John also said that his own writings were inspired by God. And the other books of the New Testament have been seen to be inspired by God as well. So now Paul's statement is applied to both Old and New Testaments.

I accept Matthew through Revelation, but I do not know about your statements about the claims of Paul and John should they be such. Please explain or show if you can.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Paul is talking about the new testament. Even before the new testament was canonized they had parchments where the apostles wrote down the words of Jesus. It is talking about the scriptures that will make you wise "through faith in Jesus Christ".

[2Ti 3:14-17
14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned [them],
15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

There is a veil over the old testament that remains to this day.

[2Co 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ.

Myrrhcask

I am not Catholic.

I have never been to Israel.

I accept Matthew through Revelation, but I do not know about your statements about the claims of Paul and John should they be such. Please explain or show if you can.

Shalom.

Jacob

About Paul:
Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, ...
1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope, ...
2 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus, ...
Romans 1:1 Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, ...
Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead), ...
Titus 1:1 Paul, a bond-servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of those chosen of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness ...

And, I am sure, other places.

About John:
Revelation 1:1-3 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw.3Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Shalom

Myrrhcask

Paul is talking about the new testament. Even before the new testament was canonized they had parchments where the apostles wrote down the words of Jesus. It is talking about the scriptures that will make you wise "through faith in Jesus Christ".

[2Ti 3:14-17
14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned [them],
15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

There is a veil over the old testament that remains to this day.

[2Co 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ.
Sorry.
The veil is over the hearts of those who read the OT without being able to see Jesus in it.
The veil is not over the OT. The OT is quoted thousands of times in the NT. It wouldn't make sense to do that, of we weren't supposed to read it.
Blessings.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
About Paul:
1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope, ...
2 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus, ...
Romans 1:1 Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, ...
Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead), ...
Titus 1:1 Paul, a bond-servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of those chosen of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness ...

About John:
Revelation 1:1-3 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw.3Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Shalom

I said
lol Very good.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
About Paul:

About John:

Shalom

Shalom.

Today is Shlishli (Third), 11-14, until sundown. No month name. 15 Shevat is the New Year for Trees.

Shalom.

Jacob