ECT What is the salvation of Jesus Christ if this . . . .

Cross Reference

. . . . is spoken to Christians?:

"Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory." 2 Timothy 2:10 (KJV)

SatyamAbhidi

BANNED
Banned
It is so you might love him, be ready to lay your own life down.

It will be necessary when you come close to God, you will feel yourself melting away, dissolving and it will be a type of death.

You have to go through it for your own salvation though, for you cannot become one without losing the division. That division is what dies in enlightenment.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory." 2 Timothy 2:10 (KJV)

What don't you get? You made to fragment statements that don't go together. And Paul endured beatings to spread the gospel. That is what he endured, according to history.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The salvation is life. Which is only found by being in Christ. The Holy Spirit puts believers there.

beloved57

Its the Salvation which is in Jesus Christ, which is specifically for God's Elect ! Paul was writing Christians telling what purpose/cause he endured suffering for, that they and others who were yet to believe through his ministry may obtain Salvation which is Christ Jesus with Eternal Glory. The Elect is Israel whom Salvation has always been promised to in the Lord Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Its the same Salvation and the same People !

Cross Reference

I wonder why Paul or any evangelist should ever be concerned about the salvation of the elect that they should be concerned about their lifestyle having any affect on the elect of God?

Cross Reference

So who are the elect, if decreed by God, that Paul shows such concern? What was his motive, if he understood them to be chosen by decree?