What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

That's true, GM.
Just look at the foolish ones going on and on about themselves and what they are to do, but little to nothing about what the Lord Jesus Christ did in their stead.
To them, Jesus was just sent to be an example of what all men should be and it's all up to you to meet that standard.
All to no avail as no one can meet that standard and will fall short.

What is so hard about confessing and repenting of your sins? What is so hard about forgiving others? What is so hard about marrying the person you are with? How hard is it to stop stealing? I mean come on now. All have to obey to get saved, or a person is just a person who believes and keeps sinning.

God's Truth

Ummm, not with us, but with scripture.
You reject most of scripture.
ALL of scripture is for our learning, not just your favorite cherry-picked little portion while you ignore and reject the rest.
You can't even be honest with your disagreement.

There is no such good news, no such gospel, no such covenant, no such thing as believe and don't obey.

God's Truth

Forgiveness of ALL of our sins and entering into God's Heavenly Kingdom isn't based on our efforts, but, on Christ's death and resurrection on the cross. God only requires that we, hear the Gospel and place ALL our faith, in Christ and not ourselves. No one will gain entrance into the Heavenly Kingdom of God by their own works/deeds.This is what the Gospel teaches us.

Jesus tells us more than just believe.

Paul does too.

Paul gives possibly more commands than anyone.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is so hard about confessing and repenting of your sins? What is so hard about forgiving others? What is so hard about marrying the person you are with? How hard is it to stop stealing? I mean come on now. All have to obey to get saved, or a person is just a person who believes and keeps sinning.
Wrong.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus tells us more than just believe.

Paul does too.

Paul gives possibly more commands than anyone.
Paul tells you point blank that it is none of your righteousness and obedience.
You don't even believe Paul.
You fight against what Jesus and Paul by relying on yourself instead of the righteousness and obedience of the ONE and only that you need to rely upon.
You hate grace and teach against it.
Thank GOD we have scripture to show your errors.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

HINT: That one still ain't you, GT.
As much as you want it that way you cannot make it say two.

God's Truth

Paul tells you point blank that it is none of your righteousness and obedience.
You don't even believe Paul.
You fight against what Jesus and Paul by relying on yourself instead of the righteousness and obedience of the ONE and only that you need to rely upon.
You hate grace and teach against it.
Thank GOD we have scripture to show your errors.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

HINT: That one still ain't you, GT.
As much as you want it that way you cannot make it say two.

When Paul says not of by works, Paul is explaining that we don't have to get circumcised and we don't have to stay out of the temple if we didn't have a bath after a bodily fluid incident.

Paul is not saying we no longer have to obey.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Gospel basics......

Gospel basics......

Yes, it is. How do they not promote it?

Anyone promoting not following Gods laws or living by divine precepts and principles is advocating sin. Love by nature obeys its own inherent character, so that obedience to love is obeying the law of God, the divine law being love itself and its directives.

The goodnews is that we can be citizens of heaven by living by the law of the Spirit. "The kingdom of God is righteousness, joy and peace in the holy spirit". This kingdom of heaven is in our midst, within and all around us. This is surely good news. No need to complicate it.

God's Truth

Anyone promoting not following Gods laws or living by divine precepts and principles is advocating sin. Love by nature obeys its own inherent character, so that obedience to love is obeying the law of God, the divine law being love itself and its directives.

The goodnews is that we can be citizens of heaven by living by the law of the Spirit. "The kingdom of God is righteousness, joy and peace in the holy spirit". This kingdom of heaven is in our midst, within and all around us. This is surely good news. No need to complicate it.

You do not obey and you preach falseness.

God's Truth

Show what is false in my post or promotes disobedience. Bearing false witness is not a godly virtue.

I have been telling you all along. You take out parts of the Bible you don't like and you add from other sources. God says not to do that.

The Bible says other gods are demons.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Haughtiness is not a fruit of the spirit...........

Haughtiness is not a fruit of the spirit...........

I have been telling you all along. You take out parts of the Bible you don't like and you add from other sources. God says not to do that.

The Bible says other gods are demons.

You didnt answer my question about my post. Its because you have no grounds to do so. You are making a blanket judgment statement unrelated to the content of my commentary which is diversionary and disingenuous.

The truth shared in that post is fundamental to my understanding of the law of God and his kingdom as I've shared for years here and abroad. My former posts in this thread also hold about the gospel, especially regarding the kingdom.

I'll stick to discussing the subject at hand rather than foster accusations and judgments.

God's Truth

You didnt answer my question about my post. Its because you have no grounds to do so. You are making a blanket judgment statement unrelated to the content of my commentary which is diversionary and disingenuous.

The truth shared in that post is fundamental to my understanding of the law of God and his kingdom as I've shared for years here and abroad. My former posts in this thread also hold about the gospel, especially regarding the kingdom.

I'll stick to discussing the subject at hand rather than foster accusations and judgments.

You want me to pretend that you don't believe and do what you told me about you.

I can't do that.