What Is The Gospel? II

Epoisses

No you didn't!

Tell me what a person must believe about the gospel which will result in eternal life.

I said a person must look totally and completely outside themselves and put all their faith and trust in Christ alone. What don't you get about that? Do you need a degree in theology to comprehend one sentence of simple English?

WeberHome

Re: What Is The Gospel? II

-
Continuing from post#16

The gospel preached by the apostle Paul contains a class action indictment against not just some impiety and some unrighteousness, nor against the worst kinds of impiety and unrighteousness; rather, against everything that's impious and unrighteous. (Rom 1:18)

The main points of the indictment are:

1● Suppressing the truth about what's truly right and what's truly wrong. (Rom 1:18)

2● Ignoring the evidence of nature that the cosmos-- all of is forms of life, matter, and energy --is the product of intelligent design, (Rom 1:19-20)

3● Replacing the genuine God with artificial substitutes. (Rom 1:21-23)

4● Revising the facts about God with fiction, fantasy, and imagination. (Rom 1:25a)

5● Placing more importance upon the value of nature than upon the value of the maker of nature. (Rom 1:25b)

6● Perverting normal bedroom activities and affections, i.e. LGBT. (Rom 1:26-27)

7● Living one's life uncaring about how God might feel about anything. (Rom 1:28)

8● Indifference to what is widely known to be divine consequences. (Rom 1:32)

/

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
-
Continuing from post#16

The gospel preached by the apostle Paul contains a class action indictment against not just some impiety and some unrighteousness, nor against the worst kinds of impiety and unrighteousness; rather, against everything that's impious and unrighteous. (Rom 1:18)

The main points of the indictment are:

1● Suppressing the truth about what's truly right and what's truly wrong. (Rom 1:18)

2● Ignoring the evidence of nature that the cosmos-- all of is forms of life, matter, and energy --is the product of intelligent design, (Rom 1:19-20)

3● Replacing the genuine God with artificial substitutes. (Rom 1:21-23)

4● Revising the facts about God with fiction, fantasy, and imagination. (Rom 1:25a)

5● Placing more importance upon the value of nature than upon the value of the maker of nature. (Rom 1:25b)

6● Perverting normal bedroom activities and affections, i.e. LGBT. (Rom 1:26-27)

7● Living one's life uncaring about how God might feel about anything. (Rom 1:28)

8● Indifference to what is widely known to be divine consequences. (Rom 1:32)

/
Thoughtful post.

WeberHome

Re: What Is the Gospel? II

Re: What Is the Gospel? II

-
Continuing from post #24

Rom 1:16-17 . . I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ . . For therein is the righteousness of God revealed.

The righteousness of God is often accused of being unrighteous. But you know what? God's righteousness doesn't have to be truly righteous. The thing is; righteousness is whatever God decides to say it is because He's a powerful despot who's in a very good position to have His own way.

Rom 9:20 . .Who are you, O man, that talks back to God?

/