What is the foundation for law in the United States of America?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My name is Jacob Martin Mertens. I am of Israel, Jewish, a Jew. I was born in the United States of America, where I am a citizen of the United States of America. I am a proselyte and / or convert of Israel and Judaism. I am a resident of Washington State, the state in which I was born. I am 36 years old.

Today is Rishon, the first day of the week. It is erev (evening) as I write this. It is Aviv (the first month) 27 (the 27th day of the month).

I have ten plus years of Post-Secondary education, including two Bachelor of Science degrees. I am thinking, considering, and working on becoming a Rabbi. I have thought to be an astronaut or the President of the United States of America, or a Judge. I have been recognized as more than a prophet or not just a prophet by some, a Rabbi, and I know that I am a teacher. I have never been to Israel, but I want to go. I would like to live in Israel (even to move to Israel) and / or be in Jerusalem for the three annual feasts where all men appear before my God, the one and only true God, the God of Israel, יהוה (Hebrew is read from right to left, this is YHVH or Yahveh, the name of God), the Creator. I read, study, and observe Torah in the United States of America, where I am a practicing Jew. I was once a righteous Gentile, as a Christian. In any case, Osama Bin Laden is dead now so I would like to go or move to Israel finally. Plus I understand better what it means to observe Torah having been forced to stay in the United States of America for a time, until he died.

From local law to the Supreme Court, some law is better than none. God's Law, the Ten Commandments and more, is about life. I was a pacifist and against the death penalty.

My question pertains to the law of the United States of America. Is the foundation for the law of the United States of America the Constitution of the United States of America or the Ten Commandments (or both) or more? As a Jew I believe the new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written upon minds and hearts in Yeshua Messiah, Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ, Jesus the Christ). I accept the Torah, the TaNaKh (the Hebrew Bible), and the Bible (including Matthew through Revelation). We are to love God with all our heart, all our soul, all our might, and our neighbor as ourself. I understand that we are not under the law we are under grace (see the book of Romans). I believe we are to obey God's instruction, even law, His commands or commandments.

Deuteronomy 6:4, 5.
Leviticus 19:18

Shalom.

Jacob

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Oh so you're a wannabe Jew who is a gentile convert to Judaism. Got it

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh so you're a wannabe Jew who is a gentile convert to Judaism. Got it.
Shalom.

I used to be a Gentile. Now I am a Jew.

If I am a Jew by birth, it is not because of my parents, as they have said that they are not Jewish.

Glad to hear from you. How can Hawaii be in on this discussion when it is still the Sabbath there? I want Hawaii to be included. I thought of you as you are from Hawaii and on Theology Online, but I do not know if I expected you to see this later. Obviously it is not day yet, here near the Pacific Coast. Most of the United States of America is to the east of me, as with the Sabbath coming to us from Israel.

Shalom.

Jacob

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
fcd6cf7f8a7a609f56906dc681bfc52b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

beameup

From my experience, there appears to be one cardinal rule to becoming a Jew,
and that is denial of Jesus Messiah. You can be an atheist-Jew, an agnostic-Jew,
or practice Yoga, be a homosexual, even believe in Eastern Religions, BUT
you must denounce Jesus. So, I find it interesting to find a Gentile convert
to "Judaism" that is essentially a Messianic Jew.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
From my experience, there appears to be one cardinal rule to becoming a Jew,
and that is denial of Jesus Messiah. You can be an atheist-Jew, an agnostic-Jew,
or practice Yoga, be a homosexual, even believe in Eastern Religions, BUT
you must denounce Jesus. So, I find it interesting to find a Gentile convert
to "Judaism" that is essentially a Messianic Jew.
Shalom.

Yeshua is the promised Messiah of Judaism. Israel expected Messiah to come.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.

Yeshua is the promised Messiah of Judaism. Israel expected Messiah to come.

Shalom.

Jacob

Yes, it was clear from Daniel chapter 9 that Messiah would come in the first century CE.
However, they simply despised Yeshua of Nazareth.

Truster

My name is Jacob Martin Mertens. I am of Israel, Jewish, a Jew. I was born in the United States of America, where I am a citizen of the United States of America. I am a proselyte and / or convert of Israel and Judaism. I am a resident of Washington State, the state in which I was born. I am 36 years old.

Today is Rishon, the first day of the week. It is erev (evening) as I write this. It is Aviv (the first month) 27 (the 27th day of the month).

I have ten plus years of Post-Secondary education, including two Bachelor of Science degrees. I am thinking, considering, and working on becoming a Rabbi. I have thought to be an astronaut or the President of the United States of America, or a Judge. I have been recognized as more than a prophet or not just a prophet by some, a Rabbi, and I know that I am a teacher. I have never been to Israel, but I want to go. I would like to live in Israel (even to move to Israel) and / or be in Jerusalem for the three annual feasts where all men appear before my God, the one and only true God, the God of Israel, יהוה (Hebrew is read from right to left, this is YHVH or Yahveh, the name of God), the Creator. I read, study, and observe Torah in the United States of America, where I am a practicing Jew. I was once a righteous Gentile, as a Christian. In any case, Osama Bin Laden is dead now so I would like to go or move to Israel finally. Plus I understand better what it means to observe Torah having been forced to stay in the United States of America for a time, until he died.

From local law to the Supreme Court, some law is better than none. God's Law, the Ten Commandments and more, is about life. I was a pacifist and against the death penalty.

My question pertains to the law of the United States of America. Is the foundation for the law of the United States of America the Constitution of the United States of America or the Ten Commandments (or both) or more? As a Jew I believe the new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written upon minds and hearts in Yeshua Messiah, Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ, Jesus the Christ). I accept the Torah, the TaNaKh (the Hebrew Bible), and the Bible (including Matthew through Revelation). We are to love God with all our heart, all our soul, all our might, and our neighbor as ourself. I understand that we are not under the law we are under grace (see the book of Romans). I believe we are to obey God's instruction, even law, His commands or commandments.

Deuteronomy 6:4, 5.
Leviticus 19:18

Shalom.

Jacob

Your cup (of self righteousness) runneth over.

Truster

Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured
to you again. -- Matthew 7:1-2

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man".

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Is the foundation for the law of the United States of America the Constitution of the United States of America or the Ten Commandments (or both) or more?

the constitution, yes, but based on English common law, which developed from many legal systems, including God's law

beameup

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man".

Trapped by the Old English.
But he who is spiritual appraises [anakrinō] all things,
yet he himself is appraised by no one. 1 Corinthians 2:15 NASB
ἀνακρίνω anakrínō, an-ak-ree'-no - to properly scrutinize

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it was clear from Daniel chapter 9 that Messiah would come in the first century CE.
However, they simply despised Yeshua of Nazareth.
Shalom.

The first believers in Messiah, Yeshua, we're Jewish, of Israel.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
the constitution, yes, but based on English common law, which developed from many legal systems, including God's law
Shalom.

I do not know that you are correct. But, why do you say this?

I see you said English common law, developed from many legal systems, including God's law.

I appreciate the part about God's law, and I want to understand what you are saying.

Shalom.

Jacob