ECT What is the clearest understanding Paul attempts to convey . . . .

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you see any difference when reading it in the KJV?
They are totally different! Our faith IN Christ is not the same as the faith OF Christ (of the Son of God)!

Galatians 2:20 KJV I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Cross Reference

They are totally different! Our faith IN Christ is not the same as the faith OF Christ (of the Son of God)!

Galatians 2:20 KJV I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When did you discover that?

heir

TOL Subscriber
When did you discover that?
Shortly before I got saved I saw that many corruptions in versions took away the faith of Christ. The KJB exalts His faith and work (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that both saved and justified us.

Galatians 2:16 in most versions is another example of corruption that would have our faith justifying us :nono: when it was His faith 2000 years before we were even born and God raising Him from the dead (Romans 4:25 KJV) proving whose faith it is and which the KJB clearly shows Galatians 2:16 KJV!

Cross Reference

Shortly before I got saved I saw that many corruptions in versions took away the faith of Christ. The KJB exalts His faith and work (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that both saved and justified us.

Galatians 2:16 in most versions is another example of corruption that would have our faith justifying us :nono: when it was His faith 2000 years before we were even born and God raising Him from the dead (Romans 4:25 KJV) proving whose faith it is and which the KJB clearly shows Galatians 2:16 KJV!

But that wasn't what Paul was saying in that verse. His words were: "The life I NOW LIVE I live by the faith OF the Son of God". While true, it wasn't by such faith he previously lived we can see by his words in the verse. Now, we can assume his previous life was by his own faith in God, even before his salvation and it would be true because that is what he lived his life by. Paul was a righteous man. There was no self -righteousness in him that he could call himself, "blameless".

Because of his now intimate life IN Christ was he enabled by the life of Christ, the Faith OF Christ followed suit. It is a no brainer since that is the will of God of every Christian.

Last edited:

Interplanner

But that wasn't what Paul was saying in that verse. His words were: "The life I NOW LIVE I live by the faith OF the Son of God". While true, it wasn't by such faith he previously lived we can see by his words in the verse. Now, we can assume his previous life was by his own faith in God, even before his salvation and it would be true because that is what he lived his life by. Paul was a righteous man. There was no self -righteousness in him that he could call himself, "blameless".

Because of his now intimate life IN Christ was he enabled be the life of Christ, the Faith OF Christ followed suit. It is a no brainer since that is the will of God of every Christian.

But that 'pistis' may mean the actions of the person referred to. That's what that passage means.

Interplanner

Where did Christ ever talk about himself living by faith? That would sort of be an ultimate theology dilemma!

The grammatical case of 'pistis' in the verse is the answer. It is the kind that modifies what Christ had, not who he trust. It is about his loyalty, obedience, consistency.

Cross Reference

Where did Christ ever talk about himself living by faith? That would sort of be an ultimate theology dilemma!

By context, Luke 4:1-14. He was a man proven by God by revealing saving faith intended for man to exhibit from his life, especially after being born again.

The grammatical case of 'pistis' in the verse is the answer. It is the kind that modifies what Christ had, not who he trust. It is about his loyalty, obedience, consistency.

As a man, as a son that He become what His mission called for.