What is the basis for the belief that abortion is murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erethnereh

Under our laws abortion may not be murder. Hence an unqualified statement whether abortion is murder or not may be interpreted both ways. But the sphere of what is murder extends well beyond both state and person. In Germany, killing jews was not murder; it was serving the state. In the US, killing slaves was not murder but lost of property. These two case illustrate that the moral compass of countries have been quite skewed and will continue to be so.

erethnereh

lighthouse, well that was obvious not valuable. The abortion case rests on one side claiming what they do not know--that the fetus is not a human being deserving dignity--and then claiming they do know it. Nevertheless, that one side, so sure that the fetus does not have rights, is oddly uncertain of other issues.

bigtuna

Thou shalt not kill, and thats it. There is no passage stating we recieve souls at conception anywhere. They are simply pro-birth or pro birth and anti-post-birth.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
bigtuna:
"Thou shalt not kill, and thats it. There is no passage stating we recieve souls at conception anywhere. They are simply pro-birth or pro birth and anti-post-birth. "

FrankiE:
Jeremiah 1:5, Isaiah 44:24.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I would also say that Genesis 2:7 gives us the information that breathing is a direct sign of life, and that there is a soul.

aharvey

Originally posted by lighthouse

I would also say that Genesis 2:7 gives us the information that breathing is a direct sign of life, and that there is a soul.

I was unaware that zygotes breathe!

Status
Not open for further replies.