What is the annulling of the former commandment? What is the former commandment?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is Shlishli, which is evening and morning. The word means third. It is the third day of the week. Aviv 11. The first month, the eleventh day.
I said
You have absolutely no spiritual understanding. Jesus changed the old testament law. Jesus annulled the former commandments. That means they are all different now. Different from the old testament. I have told you before you cant live by the old testament and the new testament at the same time. You are teaching the old testament law, and commandments. That means you are an antichrist. What Jesus done away with is what your teaching.

[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

You are incorrect. Here is the reason why I know you are incorrect. Because if you are incorrect in any way then you are not correct. It is that there has been a change of the law but this does not mean that Jesus changed the law. The Law and God's Commandments found therein are the same as they have always been. But there is a New Covenant in Jesus Christ. You must obey Jesus. Else, turn to God from among the Gentiles or obey Paul's instruction for Gentiles. Peter also ministered to Gentiles. Teaching the commandments is not antichrist. It is something that even Paul did. You say Jesus did away with something and you say that you can't live by the old testament and the new testament at the same time. Well, in the New Covenant God's law is written on minds and hearts. That I have recognized the Law of Moses as God's Law, or the Ten Commandments as God's Law, is inconsequential. The point is that if you are of the House of Israel or the House of Judah then in Yeshua HaMashiach God's law can or has been written on your mind and heart. If you are a Gentile you can accept and be a part of the New Covenant if 1 Corinthians (specifically 1 Corinthians 11:25) was written to Gentile believers at Corinth. Else you can become a part of Israel or become a part of the commonwealth of Israel, either way believing that Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus did not annul the former commandments. I do have spiritual understanding. However, there is an annulling of the former commandment (singular) because of its weakness and unprofitableness and it is incumbent upon both of us to find out and discover what this is, in the absence of your teaching on and about it and in the existence of your false teaching that Jesus annulled the former commandments in the absence of another interpretation as your teaching.

I said
lol Here we go again. Why? You speak carnally and twist the scriptures. I follow the Holy Spirit. You were kicked out of Christianity, I'm not. You pervert the truth. I quote the truth. You should go find someone very ignorant to spread your heresy with. I'm tired of listening to you.

[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

You are incorrect. You are incorrect in what you have said here. You are incorrect in what you say here. You are incorrect in saying that I was kicked out of Christianity as well. I was not.

Goodbye.

The change of the law. Jesus did not change the law. Was there a change of the law? Was it from one law to another law? Was it a change of the pre-existing or already existing law?

What is the annulling of the former commandment? What is the former commandment?

I would like help from someone who knows.

I have said that this is not the annulling of former commandments by Jesus.

Those of the House of Israel or the House of Judah may already be believers, reading Hebrews or hearing Hebrews read and all, otherwise I may be incorrect about what I have said there. I do not believe that I have neglected saying anything from my life that is relevant here, and I do not know what heresy is. I do know from scripture about sound doctrine. I also know about having a sound mind. And, it is my belief that the Law and the Prophets have not been abolished, by anyone; not God, not Jesus. The Apostles, from Jesus to the Twelve to the Eleven whoever the Twelve were and the Apostle who was chosen, Matthias, and any others including the Apostle Paul would not have taught from the Law and the Prophets if that had been the case.

Matthew 5:17-19 NKJV - 17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches [them], he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:17-19 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Hebrews 7:12 NASB - For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.
Hebrews 7:18 NASB - For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness

Also, is this talking about the time of Jeremiah or some other time? Is it talking about the time of Christ or a time related to Christ?

Squeaky?

Let us give attention to Hebrews 8:1-6. My question from this scripture reading is are there still Levitical Priests today?

Hebrews 8:1-6 NKJV - 1 Now [this is] the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man. 3 For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore [it is] necessary that this One also have something to offer. 4 For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; 5 who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, "See [that] you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain." 6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

Other scripture beginning from the TaNaK may be used or employed to answer this question.

Shalom.

Jacob

Hebrews 8:1-6 NASB - 1 Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a minister in the sanctuary and in the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man. 3 For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices; so it is necessary that this high priest also have something to offer. 4 Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law; 5 who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses was warned by God when he was about to erect the tabernacle; for, "SEE," He says, "THAT YOU MAKE all things ACCORDING TO THE PATTERN WHICH WAS SHOWN YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN." 6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, Aviv 10.

Hebrews 7:1-28 NASB - 1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham as he was returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace. 3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he remains a priest perpetually. 4 Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils. 5 And those indeed of the sons of Levi who receive the priest's office have commandment in the Law to collect a tenth from the people, that is, from their brethren, although these are descended from Abraham. 6 But the one whose genealogy is not traced from them collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed the one who had the promises. 7 But without any dispute the lesser is blessed by the greater. 8 In this case mortal men receive tithes, but in that case one receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives on. 9 And, so to speak, through Abraham even Levi, who received tithes, paid tithes, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him. 11 Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron? 12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also. 13 For the one concerning whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar. 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, a tribe with reference to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests. 15 And this is clearer still, if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek, 16 who has become such not on the basis of a law of physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is attested of Him, "YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK." 18 For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God. 20 And inasmuch as it was not without an oath 21 (for they indeed became priests without an oath, but He with an oath through the One who said to Him, "THE LORD HAS SWORN AND WILL NOT CHANGE HIS MIND, 'YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER'"); 22 so much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant. 23 The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing, 24 but Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanently. 25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. 26 For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. 28 For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.

What does it mean For when the priesthood is changed?

Wick Stick

If you read the chapter, the "former command" is the ordination of Levitical priests.

The Levitical priesthood was annulled.

It is replaced by the priesthood of Christ, which is the same as David's "priesthood of Melchizedek" and Peter's "royal priesthood."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you read the chapter, the "former command" is the ordination of Levitical priests.

It is replaced by the priesthood of Christ, which is the same as David's "priesthood of Melchizedek" and Peter's "royal priesthood."

You are incorrect.

Wick Stick

[Heb 7:15-18 KJV] 15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest 16 who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. 17 For he testifieth, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
[Heb 7:15-18 KJV] 15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest 16 who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. 17 For he testifieth, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

What does it mean?

Wick Stick

You had the right question the first time. What is the former commandment?

It's the commandment mentioned, immediately beforehand in the same text. I put it in bold and red to make it easy to find.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You had the right question the first time. What is the former commandment?

It's the commandment mentioned, immediately beforehand in the same text. I put it in bold and red to make it easy to find.

I can honestly say that I do not understand.

genuineoriginal

The Levitical priesthood was never annulled.

Jeremiah 33:19-22
19 And the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, saying,
20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.​

The priesthood that was changed was the Aaronic high priesthood.

Exodus 30:30
30 And thou shalt anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office.​

The commandment that was annulled was the commandment that the Aaronic high priest would make an atonement for the people.

Leviticus 9:7
7 And Moses said unto Aaron, Go unto the altar, and offer thy sin offering, and thy burnt offering, and make an atonement for thyself, and for the people: and offer the offering of the people, and make an atonement for them; as the Lord commanded.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.​

Exodus 30:30
30 And thou shalt anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office.​

The commandment that was annulled was the commandment that the Aaronic high priest would make an atonement for the people.

Leviticus 9:7
7 And Moses said unto Aaron, Go unto the altar, and offer thy sin offering, and thy burnt offering, and make an atonement for thyself, and for the people: and offer the offering of the people, and make an atonement for them; as the Lord commanded.​

You have a misunderstanding, of something.

genuineoriginal

You have a misunderstanding, of something.
According to Hebrews, the passage in question is speaking specifically about a high priesthood after the order of Aaron.

Hebrews 7:11-12
11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.​

According to Hebrews, the command was about the offering up of sacrifices for the high priest's sins and then for the people's sins.

Hebrews 7:27
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.​

Show me where I am wrong.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
According to Hebrews, the passage in question is speaking specifically about a high priesthood after the order of Aaron.

Hebrews 7:11-12
11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.​

According to Hebrews, the command was about the offering up of sacrifices for the high priest's sins and then for the people's sins.

Hebrews 7:27
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.​

Show me where I am wrong.

You are talking about Aaron. I was thinking about the Levitical Priesthood.

genuineoriginal

You are talking about Aaron. I was thinking about the Levitical Priesthood.

Jesus is the high priest after the order of Melchisedec and does not have to offer up sacrifices daily for the sins of the people.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Jesus is the high priest after the order of Melchisedec and does not have to offer up sacrifices daily for the sins of the people.

You start off wrong before you get to talking about Jesus.

genuineoriginal

Start with Levi for the Levitical Priesthood.
Aaron was from the tribe of Levi and the high priesthood was assigned only to Aaron's family.
The rest of the tribe of Levi are the ministers of the tabernacle and the Temple that replaced it.

Numbers 1:48-53
48 For the Lord had spoken unto Moses, saying,
49 Only thou shalt not number the tribe of Levi, neither take the sum of them among the children of Israel:
50 But thou shalt appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of testimony, and over all the vessels thereof, and over all things that belong to it: they shall bear the tabernacle, and all the vessels thereof; and they shall minister unto it, and shall encamp round about the tabernacle.
51 And when the tabernacle setteth forward, the Levites shall take it down: and when the tabernacle is to be pitched, the Levites shall set it up: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
52 And the children of Israel shall pitch their tents, every man by his own camp, and every man by his own standard, throughout their hosts.
53 But the Levites shall pitch round about the tabernacle of testimony, that there be no wrath upon the congregation of the children of Israel: and the Levites shall keep the charge of the tabernacle of testimony.​

The tribe of Levi are never going to be replaced in this service according to the word of the Lord.

The only Levitical Priesthood that would be changed would be the Aaronic high priesthood.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Aaron was from the tribe of Levi and the high priesthood was assigned only to Aaron's family.
The rest of the tribe of Levi are the ministers of the tabernacle and the Temple that replaced it.

Numbers 1:48-53
48 For the Lord had spoken unto Moses, saying,
49 Only thou shalt not number the tribe of Levi, neither take the sum of them among the children of Israel:
50 But thou shalt appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of testimony, and over all the vessels thereof, and over all things that belong to it: they shall bear the tabernacle, and all the vessels thereof; and they shall minister unto it, and shall encamp round about the tabernacle.
51 And when the tabernacle setteth forward, the Levites shall take it down: and when the tabernacle is to be pitched, the Levites shall set it up: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
52 And the children of Israel shall pitch their tents, every man by his own camp, and every man by his own standard, throughout their hosts.
53 But the Levites shall pitch round about the tabernacle of testimony, that there be no wrath upon the congregation of the children of Israel: and the Levites shall keep the charge of the tabernacle of testimony.​

The tribe of Levi are never going to be replaced in this service according to the word of the Lord.

The only Levitical Priesthood that would be changed would be the Aaronic high priesthood.
I disagree with you.

You do have yet to comment about Moses.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
About what?
You are not being clear about why you are disagreeing with the verses I posted.

The only verse in Hebrews 7 about Moses is the one stating that Moses (meaning the Torah) makes no mention of a priesthood coming from Judah.

I disagree with your interpretation, statements, claims. They are erroneous, false, fallacious.

I do not know if that was the Torah.

Do you remember Moses and Aaron? From birth.