ECT What is Preterism

Interplanner

"The next minute you talk of Acts 13..." but you've loaded it with some kind of evolving Gospel that I'm not interested in. Or some process about how the Gospel was one thing in 0 AD etc until finally in the mid 40s it was what Paul preached. I meant I'm enjoying the Gospel Paul said he was preaching.

Interplanner

What is worst of all is that you sound like you've really found something to enjoy but still won't say what it is in one line.

Danoh

http://ggfusa.org/

That's the Church where it happened under the late Jim Kirkwood

Ah yes, the assembly with The Grace Believer news bulletin...

Their Mid-Acts assembly appears to have REALLY expanded, in contrast to when Jim was alive.

Do they still do that 15 min. radio program? Jim was really great at the clarity of 1 Cor. 15:1-4.

Do they still teach straight from a Hebrew-Greek text?

Interplanner

Danoh,
Are you intending to talk in circles or just not aware that you never speak plainly and then ignore the plainest of questions?

Danoh

"The next minute you talk of Acts 13..." but you've loaded it with some kind of evolving Gospel that I'm not interested in. Or some process about how the Gospel was one thing in 0 AD etc until finally in the mid 40s it was what Paul preached. I meant I'm enjoying the Gospel Paul said he was preaching.

You're confusing me with SOME of the various other MADs on TOL.

I have always held to one and the same gospel preached by Paul from Acts 9 to 2 Timothy.

Should I conclude you hold the exact same views as I Am A Berean; or Tet?

No. I should not. The three of you differ from one another in understanding in key areas.

Danoh

Danoh,
Are you intending to talk in circles or just not aware that you never speak plainly and then ignore the plainest of questions?

Admittedly, I often talk in principles. Because I look at things in principles.

Even when reading books, I do the same thing - even a dictionary. I don't just take them at face value. I want to know all about both how this and that are put together, as well as how I am looking at it all, lol.

Reading Scripture; I do the same thing.

I have just done likewise in this post.

Doing so; aware I am doing so...

It has allowed me a much more in depth and much more rapid rate of growth in the understanding of a thing.

I see much more than I otherwise would be able to, as a result.

It is why I am often pointing one thing out or another as if in code.

But its just looking at things through organizing principles.

Been that way ever since I first wondered as a child why leaves did not stay on trees.

Personally, I'm fine with it.

In principle - to each his own.

Interplanner

You're confusing me with SOME of the various other MADs on TOL.

I have always held to one and the same gospel preached by Paul from Acts 9 to 2 Timothy.

Should I conclude you hold the exact same views as I Am A Berean; or Tet?

No. I should not. The three of you differ from one another in understanding in key areas.

I do wish you could communicate. So what is the Gospel before Acts 9? Why can't you see how right in the middle of your "amazing growth in knowledge" process you don't even answer the most fundamental question?

I'm just talking to you and not interested in shades of comparison with others.

You claimed in a thread to have 'just stated' what the necessary summary of MAD is in relation to Acts 13. I looked back two pages and found nothing. What are you about--besides ending every post with the mocking icon?

ClimateSanity

I do wish you could communicate. So what is the Gospel before Acts 9? Why can't you see how right in the middle of your "amazing growth in knowledge" process you don't even answer the most fundamental question?

I'm just talking to you and not interested in shades of comparison with others.

You claimed in a thread to have 'just stated' what the necessary summary of MAD is in relation to Acts 13. I looked back two pages and found nothing. What are you about--besides ending every post with the mocking icon?

How do you define "The Gospel"?

Interplanner

Is 53 and its only a few chapters before the word gospel is used...
Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sin... I wonder if anyone in Judaism knew what a lamb was for!!! So when you say Lamb of God, there isn't anything loftier in that department...

The first cross-proven miracle (he did some to 'demonstrate' what he had just said or immediately said was his role): Mark 2's opening section. To prove the authority to forgive sins.

Interplanner

As far back as Job, he knew that he needed someone whose righteousness would cover him--it's just that he thought that that would automatically make his life simpler.

Danoh

Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sin... I wonder if anyone in Judaism knew what a lamb was for!!! So when you say Lamb of God, there isn't anything loftier in that department...

The first cross-proven miracle (he did some to 'demonstrate' what he had just said or immediately said was his role): Mark 2's opening section. To prove the authority to forgive sins.

And you wonder why I don't bother answering you half the time.

You sir, are a broken record of one size fits all...

ClimateSanity

Did Peter understand Isaiah 53 the way you do? Is Isaiah 53 a clear rendering of " God was in Christ reconciling the debt of man's sin "?

Interplanner

Like I said, since Job the understanding of the debt has been clear. This is why the expression 'it was credited to him as righteousness' in Gen 15 pops in unexpected and yet given as though 'anybody would know what that was there for.'

As usual, the dark forces have been busy obfuscating what was clear earlier in history. Making people recently think that they have the 'system' that will clear up the Bible.

Wick Stick

As usual, the dark forces have been busy obfuscating what was clear earlier in history. Making people recently think that they have the 'system' that will clear up the Bible.
Speaking of obfuscation...

Wasn't this thread supposed to be an inquiry about preterism? How exactly did it turn into a debate about MAD principles of Biblical interpretation?

It appears to me that a certain segment of the TOL population decided to pillory this topic until they could suck someone into an argument that would de-rail the thread.

Danoh

Speaking of obfuscation...

Wasn't this thread supposed to be an inquiry about preterism? How exactly did it turn into a debate about MAD principles of Biblical interpretation?

It appears to me that a certain segment of the TOL population decided to pillory this topic until they could suck someone into an argument that would de-rail the thread.

Look in the mirror o duplicitous one - you do the same to EVERY MAD started thread - when you're not starting your own threads against MAD despite both your consistently professed and just as consistently proven DETERMINED WILLFUL ignorance of things MAD :chuckle:

Wick Stick

Look in the mirror o duplicitous one - you do the same to EVERY MAD started thread - when you're not starting your own threads against MAD despite both your consistently professed and just as consistently proven DETERMINED WILLFUL ignorance of things MAD :chuckle:
I think you must have me confused with someone else? I barely post at TOL. If I've ever started a thread here, I don't remember it.