ECT WHAT IS 1 PETER 3:2O AND 21 MEAN ??

turbosixx

In short, Turbosixx, it doesn't appear your above suggestion is the solution you appear to believe it is...each appears to believe they are doing just that...

It appears they are doing just that but they're not. I agree we go round and round believing that we are basing our “truth” on scripture. This a great example of how scripture is twisted.

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also
People read that and don’t believe it, so they have to use words that aren’t there like “DRY” and “DROWNED” and “Holy Spirit”, words that are opposite of the words that Peter used guided by the Holy Spirit. Is that really how we are honestly seeking to understand truth? We need to stick to what it says to understand truth. Would anyone let me add words that aren’t there to prove my point?

Peter is telling us that baptism saves us and how. He uses an OT example of people who were saved and says it was through water, “eight in all, were saved through water,” Is it the best example of people being saved by water, no, but it’s the example he uses and he clearly says “saved through water”. If his point was water isn’t necessary or water kills he could have easily said so.

Did God give us a book we can’t understand? No. Paul tells us, “when you read you can understand”. The confusion comes in when people read passages that doesn’t fit their thinking so they have to figure out why it doesn’t mean what it says.

Danoh

It appears they are doing just that but they're not. I agree we go round and round believing that we are basing our “truth” on scripture. This a great example of how scripture is twisted.

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also
People read that and don’t believe it, so they have to use words that aren’t there like “DRY” and “DROWNED” and “Holy Spirit”, words that are opposite of the words that Peter used guided by the Holy Spirit. Is that really how we are honestly seeking to understand truth? We need to stick to what it says to understand truth. Would anyone let me add words that aren’t there to prove my point?

Peter is telling us that baptism saves us and how. He uses an OT example of people who were saved and says it was through water, “eight in all, were saved through water,” Is it the best example of people being saved by water, no, but it’s the example he uses and he clearly says “saved through water”. If his point was water isn’t necessary or water kills he could have easily said so.

Did God give us a book we can’t understand? No. Paul tells us, “when you read you can understand”. The confusion comes in when people read passages that doesn’t fit their thinking so they have to figure out why it doesn’t mean what it says.

Amusing how you left yourself out of the "they."

You are, in fact, more "they" in the above "reading into a thing" than some of "them" are.

:rotfl: tomorrow it'll be my turn...

Danoh

It means nothing to you now and you laugh, but one day it will and you won't be laughing.

Lol - "in that day" DP will be standing next to the Lord Who, of course, is holding a copy of Brock's translation of Romans thru Philemon, as DP points to "the Greek" shouting at one and all "See! See! See! I was right! I was right! I was RIGHT!"

But seriously, there will not be tears at the Bema Seat.

Saved but confused is not the same as lost and confused.

Neither is saved, but willingly confused.

Rather, though saved as by fire, their loss will be their being denied reigning with him.

Get your broom ready, Turbosixx - I'm quite positive my fellow brother General - DP - will continue to stir up dust in glory. The brother just can't seem to get enough of "one more Greek, in the aorist tense..."

:rotfl:

DAN P

DAN P said,

Hebrews 9:10 (NKJV)
10 concerned only with foods and drinks, various washings, and fleshly ordinances
--------

DAN P WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING - THE JEWS WASHED THEIR HANDS ETC
WHICH JESUS REBUKED THEM OF.

duh :duh:

Hi and where is that verse found and we see that the Jews HAD DIVERS / VARIOUS BAPTISM and translated WASHINGS !!

So get your own SMOKES !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

DAN P

It means nothing to you now and you laugh, but one day it will and you won't be laughing.

Hi and Rom 2:16 , ALL will be Judged by Paul Gospel , the MYSTERY and you will not have anything , which are called REWARDS in 1 Cor 3:10-15 so get use to that FACT !!

It does not brother me that I am right and you sound BITTER !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

DAN P

Lol - "in that day" DP will be standing next to the Lord Who, of course, is holding a copy of Brock's translation of Romans thru Philemon, as DP points to "the Greek" shouting at one and all "See! See! See! I was right! I was right! I was RIGHT!"

But seriously, there will not be tears at the Bema Seat.

Saved but confused is not the same as lost and confused.

Neither is saved, but willingly confused.

Rather, though saved as by fire, their loss will be their being denied reigning with him.

Get your broom ready, Turbosixx - I'm quite positive my fellow brother General - DP - will continue to stir up dust in glory. The brother just can't seem to get enough of "one more Greek, in the aorist tense..."

:rotfl:

Hi and if saved , he will be in my class of course 101 , DISPENSATIONALISM !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and Rom 2:16 , ALL will be Judged by Paul Gospel , the MYSTERY and you will not have anything , which are called REWARDS in 1 Cor 3:10-15 so get use to that FACT !!

It does not brother me that I am right and you sound BITTER !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

I actually feel sorry for you and your pride. I can't believe you find it a laughing matter.

18 Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before stumbling.
19 It is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly
Than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Enjoy casting your rocks.

DAN P

I actually feel sorry for you and your pride. I can't believe you find it a laughing matter.

18 Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before stumbling.
19 It is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly
Than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Enjoy casting your rocks.

Hi and I believe that you are the one that is laughing it OFF and not me !!

Like one poster said to me , you are wrong as it is just symbolism !

And you have to be careful using SYMBOLISM just any time you want as all in this AGE will be JUDGED by Paul's Gospel of the MYSTERY Rom 2:16 is no Laughing Matter !!
We only go around ONE TIME , so make it right !!

Do not be a BLOOTER !!

dan p