ECT WHAT IS 1 PETER 3:2O AND 21 MEAN ??

DAN P

Ho to all and I have had through the years , had 1 Peter 3:21 thrown at me , and is there proof that Water Baptism SAVES !!

In verse 20 , that SOULS in the Ark were SAVED BY WATER , BUT they were not the ones being Water Baptized , and the ONES that got wet were DROWNED were Water Baptized , do you see that ??

What most also FAIL to see is the CONTEXT of 1 Peter as it is Israel as Jews were saved and the Gentiles LOST there lives , like in the Great Tribulation .

Please notice that the BAPTISM in 1 Peter 3:21 is not in the Greek Text BUT the Greek word is BAPISMA which means the ONE doing the BAPTIZING which means the HOLY SPIRIT .

The Holy Spirit job is to convict men of SIN and not take away the FILTH of the flest for the Resurrection ofmJesus Christ and the POWER of his blood !!

dan p

OCTOBER23

To me it is a Sign that you have washed yourself clean as the

Hebrews did before coming before GOD at the MOUNTAIN in the Wilderness

and later you get the Holy Spirit as the Apostles did

after JESUS washed them clean as well as the example of John the Baptist and the dove.

DAN P

To me it is a Sign that you have washed yourself clean as the

Hebrews did before coming before GOD at the MOUNTAIN in the Wilderness

and later you get the Holy Spirit as the Apostles did

after JESUS washed them clean as well as the example of John the Baptist and the dove.

Hi and in Heb 9:10 we that it says DIVERS BAPTISMS BUT that is not in the Greek ( that is why I am NOT kjv-only ) as DIVERS means Various and WASHINGS is the Greek word BAPTIMOS and NOT BAPTISMS !!

DAN P

turbosixx

Ho to all and I have had through the years , had 1 Peter 3:21 thrown at me , and is there proof that Water Baptism SAVES !!

In verse 20 , that SOULS in the Ark were SAVED BY WATER , BUT they were not the ones being Water Baptized , and the ONES that got wet were DROWNED were Water Baptized , do you see that ??

What most also FAIL to see is the CONTEXT of 1 Peter as it is Israel as Jews were saved and the Gentiles LOST there lives , like in the Great Tribulation .

Please notice that the BAPTISM in 1 Peter 3:21 is not in the Greek Text BUT the Greek word is BAPISMA which means the ONE doing the BAPTIZING which means the HOLY SPIRIT .

The Holy Spirit job is to convict men of SIN and not take away the FILTH of the flest for the Resurrection ofmJesus Christ and the POWER of his blood !!

dan p

If it's not about water baptism, then why even mention water?
eight souls, were saved through water.

baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh,
It's clearly talking about getting wet.

He says it's not the getting wet that saves but the answer of a good conscience toward God

That's what it means to be water baptized. It's an appeal to God for a clear conscience.

I hear radio preachers tell people to say the sinners prayer. It can't be found in the bible but here we are told how to appeal to God and it's not a prayer.

It's what Jesus instructed to do:
Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them
And that's what the apostles did, Paul included:
Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

Don't you want to obey Jesus? Don't you want to follow Paul?

DAN P

If it's not about water baptism, then why even mention water?
eight souls, were saved through water.

baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh,
It's clearly talking about getting wet.

He says it's not the getting wet that saves but the answer of a good conscience toward God

That's what it means to be water baptized. It's an appeal to God for a clear conscience.

I hear radio preachers tell people to say the sinners prayer. It can't be found in the bible but here we are told how to appeal to God and it's not a prayer.

It's what Jesus instructed to do:
Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them
And that's what the apostles did, Paul included:
Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

Don't you want to obey Jesus? Don't you want to follow Paul?

Hi and read Heb11 and see how many were SAVED by Water and count the ones saved by FAITH !!

Anyone who reads the OP will see that the ONES SAVED by WATER was a DRY Baptism as they were in the ARK , do you see it now ??

The other people were DROWN in the Water !!::hammer::hammer:

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and read Heb11 and see how many were SAVED by Water and count the ones saved by FAITH !!

Anyone who reads the OP will see that the ONES SAVED by WATER was a DRY Baptism as they were in the ARK , do you see it now ??

The other people were DROWN in the Water !!::hammer::hammer:

dan p

If it's dry why does he even mention the water???

Heb. 11 is talking about people who lived and died before Christ said "make disciples... baptizing them". That's why at the end of Hebrews he says:
11:39 And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

If your not going to listen to Jesus when he says "19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of

Or follow Paul's example of him baptizing people:
32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

Who are you listening to and following?

OCTOBER23

DAN P said,

Hebrews 9:10 (NKJV)
10 concerned only with foods and drinks, various washings, and fleshly ordinances
--------

DAN P WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING - THE JEWS WASHED THEIR HANDS ETC
WHICH JESUS REBUKED THEM OF.

duh :duh:

DAN P

If it's dry why does he even mention the water???

Heb. 11 is talking about people who lived and died before Christ said "make disciples... baptizing them". That's why at the end of Hebrews he says:
11:39 And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

If your not going to listen to Jesus when he says "19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of

Or follow Paul's example of him baptizing people:
32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

Who are you listening to and following?

Hi and Peter mentions 2 because there are 2 , 8 souls in the ARK that are DRY and the others who DROWNED when God shut the ARK DOOR and no ELSE could be Saved , almost sounds like Calvinism !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:1-4 NKJV)​

Christ baptized Israel.

DAN P

Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:1-4 NKJV)​

Christ baptized Israel.

Hi and explain 1 Cor 15:29 , then I will answer what you wrote as you did not says Israel was baptized into Moes , the cloud and the Sea since they walked on CROSSING the Sea !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and Peter mentions 2 because there are 2 , 8 souls in the ARK that are DRY and the others who DROWNED when God shut the ARK DOOR and no ELSE could be Saved , almost sounds like Calvinism !!

dan p

Show me where he mentions two??? He also never mentions DRY and DROWNED. Why are you saying DRY when the bible says WATER?
Why are you adding this stuff here???

Why are you taking away from what Jesus said to do? "make disciples... baptizing them"?

And what Paul did in agreement with what Jesus said to do?
8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized..

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and explain 1 Cor 15:29

Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead, if the dead do not rise at all? Why then are they baptized for the dead? (1 Corinthians 15:29 NKJV)​

They not we. Some of the Corinthians needed help, which is why Paul was there.

DAN P

Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead, if the dead do not rise at all? Why then are they baptized for the dead? (1 Corinthians 15:29 NKJV)​

They not we. Some of the Corinthians needed help, which is why Paul was there.

Hi and I am trying to help you BUT you resist all help !!

In Gen 6:14 the ARK had pich inside and outside !!

In Gen 7:16 God SHUT them all in !!

So those in the ARK stayed DRY and you refuse to see that those on the OUTSIDE all DROWNED !!

So the ones who were WATER BAPTIZED were the ones who DROWNED , don't you see ??

dan p

Simply, the waters separated Noah and his own from that untoward generation.

Yes, and just a pointing out there was symbolism in the water of the flood, shadows of the New Covenant salvation to come. So much of the Old Testament is shadows of Jesus Christ and His work, the entire Bible about Jesus Christ, the bottom line.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, and just a pointing out there was symbolism in the water of the flood, shadows of the New Covenant salvation to come. So much of the Old Testament is shadows of Jesus Christ and His work, the entire Bible about Jesus Christ, the bottom line.
There is a lot more to God's work than a couple of covenants.

Last edited:

turbosixx

So those in the ARK stayed DRY and you refuse to see that those on the OUTSIDE all DROWNED !!

You will not understand the truth if you read into a passage things it doesn't say. Read what it says.

So the ones who were WATER BAPTIZED were the ones who DROWNED , don't you see ??

Do you really think Peters point is that water baptism kills???

Acts 10:47 "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?"

1 Pt. 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

Danoh

You will not understand the truth if you read into a passage things it doesn't say. Read what it says.

That's the issue; all side's assert this very point, and how that their side is on the right page.

Meaning some other component within that dynamic is involved. One that is not being applied.

One that impatience with others can only keep both sides from uncovering (what that other component, or components, might be).

Its an interesting issue; this.

Each asserts "this; this here is my key - avoid this kind of thing here, avoid that over there, go by this or that over here," to the same old end result.

And round...and round...all go.

Not only within the same school of thought that is Protestantism in general, and not only between all the schools of thought that now is, but between people within a same school.

In short, Turbosixx, it doesn't appear your above suggestion is the solution you appear to believe it is...each appears to believe they are doing just that...

As The Bee Gees once put it...

"I started a joke which started the whole world crying...

But I didn't see that the joke was on me oh no..."

Last edited:

DAN P

Do you really think Peters point is that water baptism kills???

Acts 10:47 "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?"

1 Pt. 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

Hi and anyone that reads Acts 10:45 will see that the POWER of thr Holy Spirit was POURED out and they also spake in the Gifts of Languages !!

Then Cornelius a Gentile BECOMES part of Israel as nothing about the Body of Christ is NOT YET KNOWN nor yet Revealed !!

Looking at your response , means NOTHING !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

Last edited: