What does this verse mean to you?

Lowly one

Daniel 4:35
All the inhabitants of the earth are counted as nothing, and he does what he wants with the army of heaven and the inhabitants of the earth. There is no one who can block his hand or say to him, "What have you done?"

DAN P

Daniel 4:35
All the inhabitants of the earth are counted as nothing, and he does what he wants with the army of heaven and the inhabitants of the earth. There is no one who can block his hand or say to him, "What have you done?"

Hi and what does Dan 4:35 mean ?

#1 , The Hebrew word THE INHABITANTS /DUWR and the STEM is in the PEAL and the ASPECT is in the IMPERFECT TENSE and the imperfect gtense means God will talk to Israel and then STOP ..

Then the 3 following words , AND AMONG THE INHABITANCES , STAY , OR SAY , are all in the IMPERFECT TENSE !

The Hebrew word DOEST/ ABAD is in the PERFECT TENSE and that means NO ONE can tell God , why are you doing this .

dan p

Bradley D

These were the words of King Nebuchadnezzar who glorified himself. God came down and drove him out into the wilderness. King Nebuchadnezzar came to see God's Glory and wrote verses 34-37 giving glory to God.

Lowly one

I don’t know what u r saying Dan. I see about Nebuchadnezzar and see that he thought he ruled the world or whatever and God is saying exactly what he is saying. That people of the world are nothing and He does what He wants and who is anyone to say different. Is that incorrect?

DAN P

I don’t know what u r saying Dan. I see about Nebuchadnezzar and see that he thought he ruled the world or whatever and God is saying exactly what he is saying. That people of the world are nothing and He does what He wants and who is anyone to say different. Is that incorrect?

Hi and you can use BLUE LETTER BIBLE and see for your self , but I did leave out some of what BLB REVEALED ..

dan p

Nanja

God does everything, or what all is being done, according to His own Divine Will: What He has determined in His own mind.

For it is only His Will that is is Free and Sovereign and controls and determines all others' will.

Job 23:13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

So it's impossible then for a mere inhabitant of the earth who is reputed as nothing Dan. 4:35, and yet have a free will.

For their will is absolutely nothing in comparison to the Almighty Will of God !

Lowly one

Nanja that is what i found out abd it is not good for soooo many people. I wanted God as a creation ya know, but all my life something blocked me from believing he loved me. I just felt shame remorse guilt condemned rejected and fear fear fear. Recently things hAppeved to me so bad and I had been obsessively needing God and I was shown I have no chance and was born to have no chance and my efforts are futile.
I tried choosing god for soooo long and am evidence thR a person cannot will themselves to Gid 😭😭. It’s so cruel feeling. He’s been in control of every detail.

Nanja how do calvinists determine in their own minds if a person is chosen? If they hear gospel and accept Jesus in their minds?

Last edited:

Lowly one

If Gid does not choose mercy and make someone born again through spirit. Not their knowledge of the truth means nothing. Not if they think they got the right theology cause so many people are just so competitive to show they are right. That’s not what vessels that are saved with mercy do I thing

nikolai_42

Nanja that is what i found out abd it is not good for soooo many people. I wanted God as a creation ya know, but all my life something blocked me from believing he loved me. I just felt shame remorse guilt condemned rejected and fear fear fear. Recently things hAppeved to me so bad and I had been obsessively needing God and I was shown I have no chance and was born to have no chance and my efforts are futile.
I tried choosing god for soooo long and am evidence thR a person cannot will themselves to Gid 😭😭. It’s so cruel feeling. He’s been in control of every detail.

Nanja how do calvinists determine in their own minds if a person is chosen? If they hear gospel and accept Jesus in their minds?

Jumping in here...don't worry about deciding whether you are drawn or not. If you have any mind towards the things of God and seeking Him, then do so. That may well be the proof that you are being drawn. There are so many people who don't want anything to do with Him. They are clearly not drawn (nor do they have any desire to be).

Nanja

There's only one way ! God's Elect will know they're a Chosen Vessel of Mercy Rom. 9:23; when at some point in their lifetime, they shall be passively given a New Spiritual Birth; become Born Again by the Spirit of God. No other way shall anyone see / understand the Kingdom of God John 3:3-5 !

thborn

If I may, let me just jump in as well to say that the overall Calvinist position is right. But also remember that in the first epistle of John it says that God is love...and nothing can change Holy Scripture. I will pray that God will supply you with much love. Your words are full of emotion and longing and I believe emotion is the biggest thing in terms of who resembles a believer and who does not. There are many dogmatic Christians, secular humanists, and others who fittingly seem to lack emotion (though I still hope that any such person I hear about will turn out to be among God's chosen saved...and what a dramatic and thrilling story it is when this happens!). Our Lord Jesus' parable of the humble man and the pharisee in the temple approaching God in different ways tells us that Jesus was seeking out the humble. Scripture tells us that fear and trembling (in Phillipians, I think) are also part of the life of a true believer.

I often feel that I don't love others...but God still does things for others through me. I pray that God will supply me with love and also make others greater than me in love and all things. If people knew some things about me or aspects of how I was raised they might wonder about me being a believer or a vessel of mercy. But Scripture tells us to cling to the hope of the Gospel. Scripture says that those who are predestined will believe, and when that happens it's as simple as proclaiming Jesus as Lord and believing in Him in one's heart and that God raised Him from the dead, as Romans 10 states. Some things will still be hard to understand, certainly for me they are, but then in this world we still in some sense see dimly, as the Scripture says. Love can often seem so abstract, when we talk and think about it. I try to reflect on specific things about Jesus as well as specific blessings or beautiful things God has given me, however long or however briefly in this world, to help keep my heart raw.

Lowly one

Thank you thbirn for encouragenebt. It’s just so painful that there’s eternity abd a person only gets a few years here. Abd tbey don’t get to choose like 99% of Christians believe. If God chooses mercy on you then you are gonna be euphoric abd never deny that gift even if you realize that others want God just as bad as you but God didn’t choose them. God loves those Ge has mercy on Love is one aspect of God. He loves only those He chooses mercy on. Psalms 127 and all through bible Gid shows exclusive partiality and favoritism. And if someone wants God as bad as anyone and God doesn’t choose them that is that loving everyone? Or the constant state of LOVE if only God chooses u that u can have him?

beloved57

God does everything, or what all is being done, according to His own Divine Will: What He has determined in His own mind.

For it is only His Will that is is Free and Sovereign and controls and determines all others' will.

Job 23:13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

So it's impossible then for a mere inhabitant of the earth who is reputed as nothing Dan. 4:35, and yet have a free will.

For their will is absolutely nothing in comparison to the Almighty Will of God !

Exactly !

beloved57

To add to what Sister Nanja said, If one has been chosen of God they will be led into believing the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Nanja

To add to what Sister Nanja said, If one has been chosen of God they will be led into believing the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Exactly Brother!

thborn

Thank you thbirn for encouragenebt. It’s just so painful that there’s eternity abd a person only gets a few years here. Abd tbey don’t get to choose like 99% of Christians believe. If God chooses mercy on you then you are gonna be euphoric abd never deny that gift even if you realize that others want God just as bad as you but God didn’t choose them. God loves those Ge has mercy on Love is one aspect of God. He loves only those He chooses mercy on. Psalms 127 and all through bible Gid shows exclusive partiality and favoritism. And if someone wants God as bad as anyone and God doesn’t choose them that is that loving everyone? Or the constant state of LOVE if only God chooses u that u can have him?

I'm not sure about always being outwardly euphoric, if that's what you mean. I suppose it's possible some churches or denominations might say this is how one can tell a person is chosen and saved. And I'm not against Charismatic tendencies per se, if that's at all where you are coming from. But joy is expressed differently by different people. For some people it may be a very inner thing. Maybe that they aren't always fully aware of. But...those are just my feelings and speculations. At any rate, I would like to think there will be a variety of personalities in the next life. A bit if sardonic wit, for example, or being able to sense someone was once anxious or high-strung. I myself am possibly bipolar or other things...it may run in the family. Not too long ago, before I believed I was saved, when I was a sort of Roman Catholic, the pope said something about Christians being people who smile all the time. I thought, yeah right, the people who go around smiling all the time are not necessarily the people I trust.

Going back to what you were saying...there are a lot of Calvinists who, at least personally, don't think there are people who truly seek and desire God unless they are among those purposed by God to be in the Body of Christ. At least not in this era. True, Scripture speaks of some among Israel at that time seeking but not finding him, but I guess that might just be about seeking Him through the Law apart from any sense of Jesus. But anyway, I'm not the expert yet. I'm still pretty new to all this, though in some ways it's been a rollercoaster ride. Just this morning I woke up with a strange sense that maybe from now on I would be trusting and praying more deeply...but we'll see. I'm impressed at how you grapple with many difficult passages. I hope I have not overstepped in offering my thoughts without knowing much about your situation and affinities.

Lowly one

Not at all thborn you are someone I would be very comfortable around as I can tell you are sensitive to people. I’m not good at words Or writing my brain is so fogged and hurting emotionally. Euphoric isn’t best word. But I know really saved people and to have Jesus in spirit if someone truly knows what they have I would be euphoric through the constant excitement and love knowing Jesus chose me.

this is verse I think u thought about. It shows so clear that there is no free will choosing with God. It’s heart destroying we been lied to. In Romans 9 God says he hardens whoever whenever. Hardening is equal to damning. People ernestly seeking is equal to trying to choose and follow God. And it says they were hardened for their effort. Romans 9 says mans desire or effort means nothing =to wanting to choose or seek God. It’s a nightmare 😭😩. Threatened with eternal hell as if you can choose but you can’t choose 😭😭. I wanted God all my life and He rejected me.

5Even so then at this present time also there is a REMNANT according to the ELECTION OF GRACE. 6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. So this is the situation: Most of the people of Israel have not found the FAVOR of God they are looking for so EARNESTLY. A few have—the ones God has CHOSEN—but the hearts of the rest were HARDENED.