What could be the most important question that a human may ask himself?

KerimF

What could be the most important question that a human may ask himself?

I used the expressions ‘could be’ and ‘may ask himself’ because, to some people, there might be a set of questions (not just one) and all of them have almost equal importance.

Naturally, I wouldn’t ask this question if I didn’t have one, and did my best, long time ago, to answer it, since it is, to me in the least, the most important question I may think of.

I liked hearing your comments here first to see if one of the readers asked himself a question like mine which he also considers as the most important one to him.

Thank you.

KerimF

"What have I done today to improve the world, even in a small way."

This is indeed the everyday good question. Not all humans are supposed to think of it while their are guided only by their personal flesh's instincts to achieve certain goals in certain fields in their life.
But, one may ask you: For which reason you like asking this question everyday to answer it?
Got my point?

chair

This is indeed the everyday good question. Not all humans are supposed to think of it while their are guided only by their personal flesh's instincts to achieve certain goals in certain fields in their life.
But, one may ask you: For which reason you like asking this question everyday to answer it?
Got my point?

I don't really understand your question. Bear in mind that I am not Christian (but then again neither was Jesus).

KerimF

What can I do today to honor Christ's sacrifice?

Since it is your most important 'daily' question, I hope you can discover what to do to achieve this goal, hopefully everyday.

But it happens that I didn't hear Jesus advising me to honor Him but to live as He did and join His Love's Realm (not of this world).

KerimF

What is the purpose of life?
You did surprise me. It is indeed my first and most important question which I had to answer very clearly and logically. Otherwise, I would become like a lost boat floating on an ocean till it drowns.

Edit:
I forgot adding that my question is somehow different which is:
What is the end purpose of 'my' existence?
Or, for which purpose 'I' am created to exist in this world?

KerimF

I don't really understand your question. Bear in mind that I am not Christian (but then again neither was Jesus).

Me too, and I would be surprised if someone see in me a Christian man.
It is not a secret that the general universal trend in the world is that, to be Christian, one is supposed to belong, by his own free will, to one of the many well-organized Christian systems (Churches/Denominations) in the world.

Edit:
To be accurate, some people are also seen, by some Christian Churches, as Christian if they were baptized after their birth.
From this angle, I was seen as a Catholic Christian till I taught my young students of Catechism that God is the One Will/Power of the Father in Heaven and Jesus, unified, since before Creation, by the divine spirit of Love, the Holy Spirit (like a real friendship that lets two friends be seen, by others, as if they were one person). Yes, I was banned because I didn't talk about certain analogies like of the triangle or the sun since it is supposed that God's Love is beyond one's imagination (not mine, for sure :) ).

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You did surprise me. It is indeed my first and most important question which I had to answer very clearly and logically. Otherwise, I would become like a lost boat floating on an ocean till it drowns.

Edit:
I forgot adding that my question is somehow different which is:
What is the end purpose of 'my' existence?
Or, for which purpose 'I' am created to exist in this world?

The answer fits on a car bumper sticker I made: HE WHO DIES HAVING PLEASED GOD MOST, WINS

KerimF

The answer fits on a car bumper sticker I made: HE WHO DIES HAVING PLEASED GOD MOST, WINS

I admit that I used hearing this answer since I was a kid till now; I am 71 year old :)

After all, no one can deny that good Pagans, good Muslims and good Jews (also good formal Christians) try their best to please their God in order to deserve His big reward in the afterlife (as described on their holy books respectively), if not rewards in this life too.

In case of atheists, one has to please the men in charge of his ruling system, by following their rules and be faithful in protecting them; unless he is already a powerful rich master among them.

I am afraid that my clear logical answer is not about pleasing :D
I will likely start another thread titled: "My answer about the reason for which I was forced to exist temporarily in this world".

I used the verb 'was forced' simply because my birth has nothing to do with my today's will.
In other words, my existence in this world was planned to happen by someone else than me.
By the way, my loving parents were just the tool to bring me into this life; not the designers of anything in my living structure.

See you all later,

Tigger 2

Who is the God I am supposed to worship in truth? I don't mean the God which was forced on a Council in the 4th century by a Roman emperor.

I mean who is the God that Scripture says I must worship?

Last edited:

KerimF

Who is the God I am supposed to worship in truth? I don't mean the God which was forced on a Council in the 4th century by a Roman emperor.
I mean who is the God that Scripture says I must worship?

It seems that, to you in the least (if I get you well), you agree that you are given the chance to exist in this world because the true/real Creator of our huge universe (or our Creator, if you like) was/is looking for worshipers in the first place and as many as possible.

So I wonder what may happen to the true/real Creator, in your opinion, if all His tiny creatures, known as humans, on earth don't worship Him (you likely assume that He is one being; one being as an earthly supreme ruler/king is) and worship other gods, they created, instead, if they are not atheists? Thank you.

Tigger 2

Scripture says that there will be some on earth worshiping him:

13 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. - Matt. 7:13-14, NASB.

KerimF

Scripture says that there will be some on earth worshiping him:

13 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. - Matt. 7:13-14, NASB.

Sorry, but isn't worshipping/glorifying a god has been followed by most humans on earth since the far past till our days?

I mean; what makes it, in your opinion, that difficult for humans if the God, they worship/glorify, is Jesus and/or the Father in Heaven and not another god/deity?

I am afraid that Jesus here isn't referring to worshiping, glorifying or even obeying, but to something else which most people around the world cannot doing.

By the way, I guess, you know, better than I, that billions in the today's world are Christian and worship Jesus and/or the Father in Heaven for being their God.
If these Christian worshipers have found the narrow gate that Jesus is referring to, then, they are certainly not few as Jesus predicted :)

Hilltrot

By the way, I guess, you know, better than I, that billions in the today's world are Christian and worship Jesus and/or the Father in Heaven for being their God.
If these Christian worshipers have found the narrow gate that Jesus is referring to, then, they are certainly not few as Jesus predicted :)

Matthew 7:21-23 NLT
“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. [22] On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ [23] But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

KerimF

Matthew 7:21-23 NLT
“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. [22] On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ [23] But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Indeed... Jesus didn't come to teach humans another way of worshiping, glorifying or obeying God (The Father in Heaven and/or Him).
He came to say simply that if a person cannot live God's Love on earth by living the unconditional Love towards all others, even enemies, he won't deserve being in God's Realm now and afterlife. And his human living flesh will simply return back, sooner or later, to its state of void, the state before its birth (before Creation); Jesus refers to this state by using the expression 'everlasting fire' (which returns a structure back to its raw state... not to torture it :) ).

By the way, there is no eternal torturing hell (though good Pagans and good Muslims, in the least, are supposed to believe its existence) because 'only' the Divine Spirit of Love is eternal (in the Realm which is not limited by time and/or space).