Theology Club: What are the basics of MAD.

Danoh

According to MAD the present dispensation of grace did not begin until sometime after Paul was converted. A "dispensation" is in regard to a "stewardship" that is given to man from God in order to carry out a specific task. Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).​

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).​

This did not happen until Acts 13 so the present dispensation began at Acts 13.

Nope, its Acts 9; note this about Acts 9:

19. And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

Galatians 2:

15. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16. To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17. Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Together, those two read as follows:

And when he had received meat, he was strengthened....Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus....Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

He returns to Damascus after having immediately left there for Arabia... separated...from my mother's womb, and called... by his grace,To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus...

Danoh

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth ; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

The word "gospel" means good news or glad tidings. The "good news" of Christ which was preached to the Jews first was that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And those who believed that good news were saved when they believed it (1 Jn.5:1-5; Jn.20:30-31).

The good news of Christ which was preached to the Gentiles centered on the purpose of His death--that believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ. Those who believe this gospel are saved.

That gospel was first preached at Acts 13 so it was not until then that the present dispensation began.

If so, then why does he write the Jews at Thessalonica to whom it appears in Acts 17 he ONLY preached that Jesus was verily Christ; why does he write to remind them of mystery truths he in His two Epistles to them relates having taught them.

His 1st letter is either one of those, or the one to the Galatians - all three contain various New Creature Mystery truths later laid out in Romans, Ephesians, etc.

Obviously, he'd laid out to the Thessalonians for example, that Jesus had been very Christ; but that the reason he had not brought in the kingdom had been because Daniel's 70th week had been interrupted.

Obviously, he'd approached the matter in the same way one would with a Jew today - seek to prove that Jesus had been the Christ, but hat Daniel's 70th week had been interrupted by a Mystery "hid in God" and thus, not foreseen neither by the Angel Gabriel, nor by Daniel.

There that interruption is in Romans and 2 Thessalonians.

Danoh

So are you saying that John's words here have nothing to do with the fact that Christ died for our sins?:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish , but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Are you unaware that the book of John was written many years after the mystery truths were revealed by Paul?

The "good news" of Christ was also the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. That was the "good news" of Christ which was first preached to the Jews.

You do not know how to divide it correctly because you put a division between the Twelve and those in the Body Of Christ despite the fact that Paul makes it plain that all are members of the New Man, the Body of Christ:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:14-16).​

Of course you just stick your head in the sand when confronted with passages from the Bible that contradict y0ur ideas.

The gospel presented in John is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God - John 20:

30. And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
31. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

What is the sense of this "the Christ, the Son of God"?

What John relates it is in John 1:

45. Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

49. Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

"Thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel."

heir

TOL Subscriber
The gospel presented in John is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God - John 20:

30. And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
31. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

What is the sense of this "the Christ, the Son of God"?

What John relates it is in John 1:

45. Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

49. Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

"Thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel."
and not a word how "that Christ died for our sins/the why of the cross!

Danoh

and not a word how "that Christ died for our sins/the why of the cross!

I wouldn't go that far; just that what the Cross was PROPHESIED to accomplish towards God's PROPHESIED Plan and Purpose for the Earth in His Son through a one day redeemed NATION: Israel, is confused by some, even within Mid-Acts, as "proof" that John is MYSTERY Truth.

Thus, the supposedly sound logic, like, "well, John God that from Paul."

Note that Nicodemus was expected to have known what the Lord was talking about. It is not Paul's "hid IN GOD" Mystery truth, Ep. 3.

John's is NOT Paul's Mystery Truth.

John 3:

10. Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13. And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

What's that about as to God's PROPHESEID Plan and Purpose FOR THE EARTH THROUGH A REDEEMD ISRAEL OVER THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH that the Cross of Christ will ALSO make possible?

Isaiah 52:

10. The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
11. Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.
12. For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your reward.
13. Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.
14. As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
15. So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

How?

Isaiah 53:

1. Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2. For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

The Cross is there in John, and there in Acts 2-7; its just not that aspect of God's KEPT SECRET Plan and Purpose FOR THE HEAVENLIES in a New Creature comprised out of Jew and Gentile and that began AFTER Israel's TEMPORARY fall.

Few appear to consider there were TWO falls - one IN Heaven, Isaiah 14, that THEN set about trafficking it evil plot - the fall IN the Earth.

The Mystery concerns solving for the Heavenlies FIRST, as to that fallen spiritual wickedness the realm of the prince of the power of the air that even now has influence over this Earth through that coarse of this world that it set off in Genesis - that spirit or natural man's attraction to said coarse of this world, thus, that now worketh in the children of Adam's disobedience.. Eph. 2; Eph. 6.

Only AFTER solving for that Heavenly Fall, will the Lord THEN return to solve for the Earth, to 'make a short work upon the Earth," Matthew 24; Romans 9 - 11; Hebrews thru Revelation.

Its fallen Heavenly places restored by God's New Creature: His body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all, Eph. 1.

This Body by which He will fill all those thrones, dominions, principalities in all the Heavenlies with.

For there is no sense in praying for "thy kingdom come, thy will be done IN Earth, as it is IN Heaven, while the Adversary and his dark princes are still free to go back and forth between Heaven and Earth as they please, Job 2; Revelation 12.

First He has to deal with these fallen sons of God that so hate this Mystery aspect of the Cross, that "had they known it; they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" 2 Cor. 2.

Even Hollywood has some of this right, lol

To those in opposition to Mid-Acts - Prophecy in contrast to the Mystery as to the Father's will - I say, oppose this Mystery, and you are on the wrong side of this spiritual war!

heir

TOL Subscriber
I wouldn't go that far;
I do because the scriptures do. John did NOT write about the why of the cross; that "Christ died for our sins". It's not there. What is written in John is about WHO Jesus Christ is. It's ll about the name.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Note that Nicodemus was expected to have known what the Lord was talking about. It is not Paul's "hid IN GOD" Mystery truth, Ep. 3.

John's is NOT Paul's Mystery Truth.
I'm certainly not arguing that it is! I don't think the mystery of Ephesians 3 was communicated by Paul unto James, Cephas and John in the Acts 15 meeting when Paul went up by revelation and communicated unto them that gospel which he preached among the Gentiles (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV) as Paul had yet to let the cat out of the bag (2 Corinthians 12:1-6 KJV) concerning Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). Paul had yet to be sent to us/become a prisoner of Jesus Christ for we Gentiles/given a dispensation of the grace of God to us Gentiles (Acts 22:17-21 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-2 KJV).

Danoh

I'm certainly not arguing that it is! I don't think the mystery of Ephesians 3 was communicated by Paul unto James, Cephas and John in the Acts 15 meeting when Paul went up by revelation and communicated unto them that gospel which he preached among the Gentiles (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV) as Paul had yet to let the cat out of the bag (2 Corinthians 12:1-6 KJV) concerning Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). Paul had yet to be sent to us/become a prisoner of Jesus Christ for we Gentiles/given a dispensation of the grace of God to us Gentiles (Acts 22:17-21 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-2 KJV).

Sis, I've visited this forum on and off for the past few years.

And reading through many of your posts on here, before I began posting, I have been greatly impressed with your understanding of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, and that of a few others.

We're Mid-Acts. Said mutual faith of both you and me matters to me more than what differences we might gradually learn we have as to some of the distinctions.

We are perhaps not going to see eye to eye as to some things. Personally, I don't mind, as I am ever open to learning and or coming to finer distinctions as to Mid-Acts.

Just wanted to say that.

Yours in the Fellowship of the Mystery :)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Sis, I've visited this forum on and off for the past few years.

And reading through many of your posts on here, before I began posting, I have been greatly impressed with your understanding of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, and that of a few others.

We're Mid-Acts. Said mutual faith of both you and me matters to me more than what differences we might gradually learn we have as to some of the distinctions.

We are perhaps not going to see eye to eye as to some things. Personally, I don't mind, as I am ever open to learning and or coming to finer distinctions as to Mid-Acts.

Just wanted to say that.

Yours in the Fellowship of the Mystery :)
:cheers: Great, then you won't mind if I springboard off of your posts holding fast the form of sound words and making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery!

Welcome aboard!

Danoh

:cheers: Great, then you won't mind if I springboard off of your posts holding fast the form of sound words and making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery!

Welcome aboard!

Nope; not at all - springboard away, sis - I'll straighten you out as to where I might differ and why when that comes up, lol