ECT What are early Christians?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
To mark a new era and a new sabbath, perhaps.

Jesus was resurrected on the day after the Sabbath to fulfill God's law to Israel, to whom he was sent.

Speak to the children of Israel and say to them: "When you come into the land which I give to you and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest. He shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted on your behalf, on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it." (Leviticus 23:10-11)​

Jesus fulfilled the law of the wave sheaf. He is the first of the firstfruits.

Those who honor the resurrection honor the law that required it.

Interplanner

Jesus was resurrected on the day after the Sabbath to fulfill God's law to Israel, to whom he was sent.

Speak to the children of Israel and say to them: "When you come into the land which I give to you and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest. He shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted on your behalf, on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it." (Leviticus 23:10-11)​

Jesus fulfilled the law of the wave sheaf. He is the first of the firstfruits.

Those who honor the resurrection honor the law that required it.

But you are going back and forth between Judaism and faith in Christ. The picture or typology is FULFILLED in Christ. It's good to keep the picture accurate in one's memory, but we don't practice it. They were meant to kickstart the church's mission because the group from which Jesus drew his first missionaries were Jews, his countrymen.

SaulToPaul 2

But you are going back and forth between Judaism and faith in Christ. The picture or typology is FULFILLED in Christ. It's good to keep the picture accurate in one's memory, but we don't practice it. They were meant to kickstart the church's mission because the group from which Jesus drew his first missionaries were Jews, his countrymen.

So you say.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But you are going back and forth between Judaism and faith in Christ.

Jesus said he came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets. He has barely scratched the surface and he has much more to do, ie. you ain't seen nothing yet.

Truster

...The ones who get up for sunrise services on Resurrection Day!

Happy Res Day to all, indeed!

I find it appalling that you should incorporate the resurrection in a joke. Your evil nature is surfacing, but I'm sure you'll not see your disgusting behaviour as evil...

Interplanner

Jesus said he came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets. He has barely scratched the surface and he has much more to do, ie. you ain't seen nothing yet.

Such as calling it 'the weak and miserable principles of the world' in Gal 4 and Col 2?

Are Christian groups pagan for not doing the full range of synagogue-Judaism observances? For not having a women's seating section? For not having a menstruating women's seating section?

Interplanner

I find it appalling that you should incorporate the resurrection in a joke. Your evil nature is surfacing, but I'm sure you'll not see your disgusting behaviour as evil...

You need to lighten up now and then.

And as far as your wide ranging knowledge of me, what evil?

turbosixx

I don't know; this was a light hearted greeting about the early services all over.

I figured that's what your were doing but I thought I would take the opportunity you provided to get people thinking.

My point is, God's word tells us how to observe Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. If it didn't come from God then it came from man. People all over are following traditions of man.

Interplanner

Maybe an answer to the sabbath question is: it wasn't called 'Sunday' when it happened, it was the 1st of the new week, and that was a day of work. So a new work began that day, and we are still in that work, that mission.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Just in case you're watching: Very impressive. What's that line? "The force is strong with this one." :rolleyes:

DAN P

So the bible says.

You don't want Jesus to be the Sabbath rest.
See Mat 11:20 & Heb 4:9-11

You madsters need to read Hebrews without Feldick sunglasses.

Hi and reading Col 2:16 we are not to JUDGE , in a new moon or SABBATH DAY or is Paul teaching against the Law of Moses ??

Yes Paul was , so get with the Program !!

dan p