What about college?

QueenAtHome

In response to can homeschoolers go to college? The answer is not only YES but we kick butt!!

From another forum regarding the lady's oldest children

"I find it fascinating that people worry so much about how kids will do in college after being homeschooled, yet my 2 college kids are not only doing great, but have the admiration of their teachers.

Just the other day, an English teacher asked the class what a certain word meant, and my ds was the only one in the class to know. In class discussions, the teacher constantly calls on him, and always calls on him to read aloud because he CAN! She spoke to him after class and asked him if he had been homeschooled. She could tell because of his thoughtful discussion.

When dd was a freshman, they did a "values clarification" exercise in which you had to choose which 4 of 8 hostages the terrorists would let go. She just sat there and when the teacher asked her why she wasn't doing the (non-required) exercise she said, "Look, there are 2 terrorists and 8 hostages...we could easily take them out and not go through all this ridiculous choosing. The teacher said in 14 years of teaching NO ONE had ever "thought outside the box." At the end of the quarter, the teacher called her into her office and said, "I just want you to know that my fiance and I have talked, and I just called my mom and told her when we have kids...I'm homeschooling them!

And I've shared before that out of 55 music majors at her current college, only four students maintained a cumulative 4.0---all four were homeschooled girls.

I don't know much about public school, but homeschooling is working!"