We're Teaching Our Kids Wrong

Buzzword

A close look inside the classroom door suggests that in the past 150 years we have come to think, perhaps without realizing it, that the purpose of education is to make money. Though going to school hugely increases a child’s chance of earning a decent wage in adulthood, that fact need not, and should not, define our thinking about what and how children should learn. Decent wages may be a very desirable outcome of attending school. But that doesn’t mean that money should be the goal of education or the measure of its success. Of course, the skeptic might ask what harm there is in designating money as the purpose of school. As it turns out, plenty.

We're Teaching Our Kids Wrong: Bill Gates and Steve Jobs Do Not Have the Answers

There is nothing in this article which can be emphasized too much.
We made the Almighty Dollar our only reason for working, and now we have made it the only reason for studying. Soon we will make it the only reason for living, even as the 1% takes more and more of it and we work more and more for less and less.

THIS, the irrational unrelenting pursuit of MONEY (or CAPITAL, as it were), is the problem with this country, beyond anything else. Our faulty healthcare, our faulty education, our faulty tax system, our barbaric warmongering, it's all based on the fact that we have made the love of money our sole cultural keystone.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
THIS, the irrational unrelenting pursuit of MONEY (or CAPITAL, as it were), is the problem with this country, beyond anything else. Our faulty healthcare, our faulty education, our faulty tax system, our barbaric warmongering, it's all based on the fact that we have made the love of money our sole cultural keystone.

Given your revelation, you'll be wanting to give all your money away as soon as possible. I will PM you my Paypal deposit e-mail. :thumb:

elohiym

I agree.