Welcome ChristianForums.com members...

Status
Not open for further replies.

no avatar

Lovejoy said:
I posted in the debate area, mostly in the philosphy section. I posted in a couple of different denominational areas. The only place that I really got any return was, of course, the place that I had friends: the fellowship section. Nice, but hardly compelling. What would you recommend?
I am only going by what I am interested in, but I think that the theology fora have decent discussions (if you can duck all the flames). But, hey, after being here, the flames there shouldn't be so bad. :dizzy:

Lovejoy

no avatar said:
I am only going by what I am interested in, but I think that the theology fora have decent discussions (if you can duck all the flames). But, hey, after being here, the flames there shouldn't be so bad. :dizzy:
I just find it odd that they eight trillion different places to post, but you really need to find the areas that actually move to have a conversation. They could prune that place immensely, and make it quite a bit more user friendly. However, I am by no means done trying. They have one or two areas that I would like to at least try to make happen.

Lovejoy

Knight said:
We recently trimmed down TOL for similar reasons.
I remember when you guys had a number of different areas to post, when I first started posting here. It was never that bad, though. The worst is trying to use their version of an active page, as it is always flooded with literally dozens of posts in "fellowship" threads. Often you have to go pages back to find something from 5 minutes ago. Of course, I only know the side that comes from being a user of sites, and have no knowledge what-so-ever about the details of running one. For all I know, they are doing an amazing job of running a site that big. And, there is probably a learning curve for navigation of such a site, one that I am unwilling to attempt.

no avatar

Lovejoy said:
I just find it odd that they eight trillion different places to post, but you really need to find the areas that actually move to have a conversation. They could prune that place immensely, and make it quite a bit more user friendly. However, I am by no means done trying. They have one or two areas that I would like to at least try to make happen.
What can I say? People go to discussion boards for other reasons than to discuss theology. If someone wants a fellowship forum so they can have fun amongst other Christians, why not provide it? The board is broken down into obvious sections so that you don't have to go to the fellowship forums to go to the discussion forums. In fact, you can minimize that whole section of the main index so you don't even have to see it and risk getting sucked into it. ;)

Lovejoy

no avatar said:
What can I say? People go to discussion boards for other reasons than to discuss theology. If someone wants a fellowship forum so they can have fun amongst other Christians, why not provide it? The board is broken down into obvious sections so that you don't have to go to the fellowship forums to go to the discussion forums. In fact, you can minimize that whole section of the main index so you don't even have to see it and risk getting sucked into it. ;)
Why not provide it?! Well, obviously because I find it inconvenient!! Those "fellowshipping" people should be forced to talk to me about tedious subject matter, like "Christian existensialism" and "systematic theology." :madmad:

:D

no avatar

Lovejoy said:
Why not provide it?! Well, obviously because I find it inconvenient!! Those "fellowshipping" people should be forced to talk to me about tedious subject matter, like "Christian existensialism" and "systematic theology." :madmad:

:D
2.gif

Ecumenicist

Knight said:
Apparently they are installing a spine over at ChristianForums.com and their website is out of order, so we at TOL welcome their members.

;)

Sign up on TOL, go seek out a wicked pagan and tell them they are going to hell. Get if off your chest... you know you want to! :)

Ban all the pagans and there's no one left to kick. Marketing flaw there...

Big Mouth Nana

thelaqachisnext said:
Well. well,
Welcome to TOL.
Your attitude stank, over there, all by itself,, and Jesus is coming to take the Church before the seven year tribulation. :)
sincerely,
laqachisnext
You sound like another, or the same "laqach" person from CF that no one could understand their posts :kookoo: What's the matter, don't know how to speak English??? It's called R-A-P-T-U-R-E.....even though I don't believe in one :chuckle: secondcomingisnext, if you want to get technical? Gee, I should have used this for my username :think:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lovejoy said:
They could prune that place immensely, and make it quite a bit more user friendly.

I thought the same. WAYYYY too much fluff. I couldn't find the thread I was looking for. And man, I hate huge avatars and huge signatures and stupid icons everywhere…

Agape4Robin

Shimei said:
I thought the same. WAYYYY too much fluff. I couldn't find the thread I was looking for. And man, I hate huge avatars and huge signatures and stupid icons everywhere…
Hhhmmmmmmm.......:think:

GuySmiley

Shimei said:
I signed on briefly over there, but I spent hours trying to figure out which hat my avatar should wear and never got to post. None of the hats they had matched right with the socks I chose! :madmad:

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
no avatar said:
Fellowship is great but true fellowship over the internet is extremely difficult.
Real fellowship is more than:
"How r u?"
"Fine, u?"
Really conversing and building relationships is hard over the 'net because almost anyone can read it which discourages private conversations.

Agape4Robin

GuySmiley said:
I signed on briefly over there, but I spent hours trying to figure out which hat my avatar should wear and never got to post. None of the hats they had matched right with the socks I chose! :madmad:
:mock: GuySmiley's socks

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
GuySmiley said:
:rotfl:

no avatar

GuySmiley said:
I bet you got those rainbow socks! :dunce:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
yalfaboobason said:
Should we not want to do what Jesus would do? Did He enjoy telling people that they were on their way to hell?

You seem the type that would soon ask God if you could help Him out when it comes time to toss the wicked into the lake of fire!

I would be careful if I were you. For, that attitude will certainly put you in a place where you really don't want to be.
God has already prmised us that we get to help.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
GuySmiley said:
POTD :first:

Evee

I like Christian forums but everyone is always wanting a new forum.
I want a marriage forum, a divorce forum, under 30 forum, and over 40 forum a form for over 50 a senior citizens forum an over 80 forum etc etc.
You get what I mean and Erwin is so nice and accomodating he says yes most of the time, need to down size if you ask me.
It is to hard to keep up with posts.

Lovejoy

Evee said:
I like Christian forums but everyone is always wanting a new forum.
I want a marriage forum, a divorce forum, under 30 forum, and over 40 forum a form for over 50 a senior citizens forum an over 80 forum etc etc.
You get what I mean and Erwin is so nice and accomodating he says yes most of the time, need to down size if you ask me.
It is to hard to keep up with posts.
I can certainly see what you are talking about. There are great forums out there for all those things, and CF was trying to be all those things on one site. I should think that is impossible. Really, almost all of my communication on that site has been through PM's. I have had hundreds of PM's from people! Which has been really nice, honestly, but defeats the purpose of open debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.