Originally posted by Crow
Crow Wings

10-20 whole chicken wings
1/2 - 1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 - 1 cup apple juice
Hot sauce (optional)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic--1--5 cloves--you know your own tolerance.
Parsley flakes
Wood or wood chips (optional)
Bamboo skewers

2 days before BBQ--

Pick all of the nasty little pinfeathers and hairs off of the chicken wings. Place them in a large plastic freezer bag or Tupperware container with the cider, apple juice, parsley, salt, pepper to taste, and a dash or several of hot sauce, depending on your own taste. Peel the garlic cloves and squash them and add to the mix. Place in the refrigerator. Over the next couple of days, turn the container or bag over several times a day, to distribute the juices.

Day of the BBQ--

Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour. Remove wings from marinade. Cut the skin webbing at the bends of the joints up to but not through the bone. Starting at the small tip of the wing, thread the skewer under the skin and through the meat for the entire length of the wing. You will have a wing that is about 7" long, and nearly straight. Leave excess length of skewer at the small end of the wing.
Build a fire on only one half of your grill, or use only one burner if you are using a gas grill. This is much better on a charcoal grill, incidentally, and a chimney starter is a good way to get a nice even bed of coals for only one side of the grill. One or two small chunks of hickory or apple wood, or a few chips wrapped in a foil package with a couple of holes punched in it are good--they add a nice smoke taste--use the method that best suits your grill. When the coals are ashed, lay the wings over the hot side of the grill, with the end of the skewer extending over the side. Brown the wings well--they may be turned easily with the skewer. Brush 1 or 2 times with the marinade if any remains.
Once the wings are browned, move them onto the cool side of the grill, and cover the grill. Allow the smoke and heat to finish cooking them for the next 20 minutes or so.

Because the wings are on skewers, they cook more evenly than if you put regular wings on the grill, and they look nicer lined up on a platter. Other good marinades are Spicy or Robust Italian dressing, and Orange Beef seasoning--you can often find it in little packages in the Chinese food section.

These wings were delicious! You guys should try them! :D

Crow

It's OK--I got permission from the Boss.

Matthew 15:11
What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "
:D

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hey Nori, did you actually try making the recipes? I was just wondering how Eireann looked with his legs spiked to a tree.....feet on fire.....begging for you to just order pizza....

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Congrats Crow!

temple2006

Sounds awfully good I am going to try it. I know what you meant but from the sentence structure it sounds as if you are saying to put the nasty little feathers and things in the bag to marinate. Just the thought of that made me smile. I hope you don't take offense. :):):)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Probably going to wait at least a month or two. I'm working out the details with Knight now. :D