ECT We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

Interplanner

Most of those verses to not even refer to the LAND. You like to think that you're connecting things when you're not.

Gen 15:18-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:18) In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: (15:19) The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, (15:20) And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, (15:21) And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

You are the one "adding conditions" and not the LORD.

The interesting thing about this theme as a whole is that if they did not do what the New Covenant wanted (to work in God's mission to the nations), they would be cast out of their land. They did not, and they were.

God's Truth

The earthy land promises had conditions.

Jer 19:10-11 Then you are to break the jar in the sight of the men who accompany you and say to them, `Thus says the LORD of hosts, Just so shall I break this people and this city, even as one breaks a potter's vessel, which cannot again be repaired...

The Jews thought they would have a Messiah for and on this earthy land, so they did not accept Jesus.They thought the Messiah/Savior would save their land and ruler ship.

Paul explains to the confused Jews about there was not yet another reenactment with the SAVIOR, A MESSIAH to save them yet again and make them rulers over land.

Isaiah 10:15
Is the axe to boast itself over the one who chops with it? Is the saw to exalt itself over the one who wields it? That would be like a club wielding those who lift it, Or like a rod lifting him who is not wood.

Isaiah 45:9
"Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker-- An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the clay say to the potter, 'What are you doing?' Or the thing you are making say, 'He has no hands '?

Jeremiah 18:6
"Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.

Romans 9:20
But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to Him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"

Romans 9:22
What if God, intending to show His wrath and make His power known, bore with great patience the vessels of His wrath, prepared for destruction?

Interplanner

The earthy land promises had conditions.

Jer 19:10-11 Then you are to break the jar in the sight of the men who accompany you and say to them, `Thus says the LORD of hosts, Just so shall I break this people and this city, even as one breaks a potter's vessel, which cannot again be repaired...

The Jews thought they would have a Messiah for and on this earthy land, so they did not accept Jesus.They thought the Messiah/Savior would save their land and ruler ship.

Paul explains to the confused Jews about there was not yet another reenactment with the SAVIOR, A MESSIAH to save them yet again and make them rulers over land.

Isaiah 10:15
Is the axe to boast itself over the one who chops with it? Is the saw to exalt itself over the one who wields it? That would be like a club wielding those who lift it, Or like a rod lifting him who is not wood.

Isaiah 45:9
"Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker-- An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the clay say to the potter, 'What are you doing?' Or the thing you are making say, 'He has no hands '?

Jeremiah 18:6
"Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.

Romans 9:20
But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to Him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"

Romans 9:22
What if God, intending to show His wrath and make His power known, bore with great patience the vessels of His wrath, prepared for destruction?

There was no interest in the land as such in the launch of the Gospel's mission. It was instead to see as many from Israel as possible work in that mission to all the nations. There is no interest in the land in the future that I know of, esp. with the largest passage in ordinary language being 2 Pet 3. There is none in Hebrews where the total transition to the new covenant is explained.

God's Truth

Anyone who wants to be saved had better do it before Jesus comes again.

When Jesus comes again, he will NOT come to bear sins.

We are saved because Jesus bears our sins.

The Jews who reject Jesus are sinning, just as the Gentiles who reject Jesus.

All must come to God through Jesus before Jesus comes again.

God's Truth

There was no interest in the land as such in the launch of the Gospel's mission. It was instead to see as many from Israel as possible work in that mission to all the nations. There is no interest in the land in the future that I know of, esp. with the largest passage in ordinary language being 2 Pet 3. There is none in Hebrews where the total transition to the new covenant is explained.

There is NO interest in earthy land. That is right.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gen 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
Gen 13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
Gen 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
Gen 13:17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

Act 7:2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
Act 7:3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
Act 7:4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
Act 7:5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

God's Truth

Gen 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
Gen 13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
Gen 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
Gen 13:17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

Act 7:2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
Act 7:3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
Act 7:4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
Act 7:5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

Now you are speaking about what is spiritual.

Many confuse what is earthy and what is spiritual.

The earthy land promises are about earthy things.

The spiritual promises are about what is spiritual.

God already gave both.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now you are speaking about what is spiritual.

Many confuse what is earthy and what is spiritual.

The earthy land promises are about earthy things.

The spiritual promises are about what is spiritual.

God already gave both.

Your's is an answer out of desperation because you don't believe GOD will literally fulfill the promises that He plainly spoke to Abraham and his descendants.

Abraham believed GOD and it was credited to him for righteousness.
Like Abraham, we are to believe what GOD says.

God's Truth

Your's is an answer out of desperation because you don't believe GOD will literally fulfill the promises that He plainly spoke to Abraham and his descendants.

God already fulfilled all promises. It diminishes Christ coming and dying for us when you say God did not fulfill all. That is what Jews who rejected the Messiah say.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
God already fulfilled all promises. It diminishes Christ coming and dying for us when you say God did not fulfill all. That is what Jews who rejected the Messiah say.

It doesn't diminish anything that Christ's work on the cross accomplished or will accomplish.

Rom_15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
2Co_1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God's Truth

It doesn't diminish anything that Christ's work on the cross accomplished or will accomplish.

A person who believes what you are preaching must deny many scriptures of God's Truth. The scriptures plainly say God fulfilled all the land promises.
When Jesus came, all the spiritual promises were fulfilled.

Right Divider

Body part

This GT knucklehead thinks like too many here on TOL that "spiritual" somehow means completely disconnected and apart from anything physical. How dumb!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
A person who believes what you are preaching must deny many scriptures of God's Truth. The scriptures plainly say God fulfilled all the land promises.
When Jesus came, all the spiritual promises were fulfilled.

A person that believes what you are preaching must deny many scriptures of GOD's truth.
An imposed Platonic spiritualization of GOD's promises is simply to not believe what GOD literally says.
It's an diversion into unbelief.