ECT Watchman Nee quotes:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Watchman Nee was also a faithful martyr for our Lord Jesus, who endured much, much suffering, find it near impossible to fathom anybody here worthy of his crown, his critics in quicksand, of this no doubt.

What I always find most revealing, regarding online forums, is how so many people post things that reveal what is really inside them, and it is not Christ.

Matthew 13

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

who is nee ? - :patrol:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Top 12 Watchman Nee Quotes

1. “Grace means that God does something for me; law means that I do something for God. God has certain holy and righteous demands which he places upon me: that is law. Now if law means that God requires something of me for their fulfillment, then deliverance from law means he no longer requires that from me, but himself provides it.”

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

2. “So we can say, reverently, that God never gave us the Law to keep: he gave us the Law to break! He well knew that we could not keep it.”

Christ sacrifice was for those who loved God and kept His law but transgressed in some way.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

3. “The Law requires much, but offers no help in the carrying out of its requirements. The Lord Jesus requires just as much, yea even more (Matt. 5:21-48), but what he requires from us he himself carries out in us. The law makes demands and leaves us helpless to fulfill them; Christ makes demands, but he himself fulfills in us the very demands he makes.”

God never spoke like the carnal man thinks he did, when He gave the law.

Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

4. “What does it mean in everyday life to be delivered from the Law? At risk of a little overstatement I reply: It means that henceforth I am going to do nothing whatever for God; I am never again going to try to please Him. ‘What a doctrine!’ you exclaim. ‘What awful heresy! You cannot possibly mean that!’ But remember, if I try to please God ‘in the flesh,’ then immediately I place myself under the Law.”

Nee likely means by self effort without living in Gods Grace.

5. “God’s requirements have not altered, but we are not the ones to meet them. Praise God, he is the Lawgiver on the Throne, and he is the Lawkeeper in my heart. He who gave the Law, himself keeps it.”

Untrue. It is to the Glory of God that men are made righteous, and not just accounted to be righteous.

The Father of Jesus gave the law, His Son Jesus kept the Spirit of it.

Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

I

6. “Though the Law in itself is all right, it will be all wrong if it is applied to the wrong person. The ‘wretched man’ of Romans 7 tried to meet the claims of God’s law himself, and that was the cause of his trouble. The repeated use of the word ‘I’ in this chapter gives the clue to the failure.”

Untrue.

It was when Paul did good that evil was present with him because he at that stage was a coveter. That is he wanted some glory for himself, and the Spirit of Gods law convicted him. In other words God spoke to him about it.

7. “We think of the Christian life as a ‘changed life’ but it is not that. What God offers us is an ‘exchanged life,’ a ‘substituted life,’ and Christ is our Substitute within.”

That may be true when we are babes but He wants us to grow up.

The Christians can be heard all over the world crying out about why the milk has been cut off, but the preachers are mainly babies themselves.

8. “From start to finish, he is the One who does it all.”

No. Jesus is the one who has made it possible that God can have sons like the first son.

9. “It does not matter what your personal deficiency, or whether it be a hundred and one different things, God has always one sufficient answer, His Son Jesus Christ, and he is the answer to every need.”

10. “Many Christians endeavor to drive themselves by will-power, and then think the Christian life a most exhausting and bitter one.”

11. “God must bring us to a point – I cannot tell you how it will be, but he will do it – where, through a deep and dark experience, our natural power is touched and fundamentally weakened, so that we no longer dare trust ourselves… At length there comes a time when we no longer ‘like’ to do Christian work – indeed we almost dread to do things in the Lord’s Name. But then at last it is that he can begin to use us.”

I knew when reading where he was heading, but the faith is not that Jesus does everything, but that through Jesus, God lives with us enabling ourselves to become as Jesus was and is.

12. “We have spoken of trying and trusting, and the difference between the two. Believe me, it is the difference between heaven and hell.”

Is that where it came from, that if something is not from God then it must be the devil?

There are so many believers in the world who will do nothing because they are afraid they will offend the Lord.

It is not all about either Him OR us, it is about Him in/with/upon us.

LA

Cross Reference

If you do not know the truth of this then you need to seek the Lord about it and He will tell you.

Joh 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
Joh 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Joh 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Joh 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
Joh 16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

LA

What is your Pentecostal stripe??????? Are you too insecure to say?

Cross Reference

If you want to attribute my faith to some group or other then it is only because of your unbelief.

LA
My unbelief abut what?? There is something about your Pentecostal bent that smells "fishy" and your reluctance only serves to confirm the suspicions about you I have had for along time. Why can't you own up to whom you are espoused unless you are too embarrassed to say?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My unbelief abut what?? There is something about your Pentecostal bent that smells "fishy" and your reluctance only serves to confirm the suspicions about you I have had for along time. Why can't you own up to whom you are espoused unless you are too embarrassed to say?

You talk like Nick M. and Grosnick.

Your suspiciousness stems from a spirit sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear, which is not the Lord.

You need deliverance.

Seek out some people who are filled with the Spirit and get them to pray for you and the Lords presence will cause that spirit to flee from you.

LA

Cross Reference

You talk like Nick M. and Grosnick.

Your suspiciousness stems from a spirit sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear, which is not the Lord.

You need deliverance.

Seek out some people who are filled with the Spirit and get them to pray for you and the Lords presence will cause that spirit to flee from you.

LA

That's all a copout and you know it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's all a copout and you know it.

Are you not a tad like this---

Gen 16:11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
Gen 16:12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

LA