ECT Watchman Nee quotes:

Cross Reference

"The peril of the believer is to confuse the spirit for the soul and the soul for the spirit, and so be deceived into accepting the counterfeit of evil spirits to the unsettling of God's work. . . The greatest advantage in knowing the difference between spirit and soul is in perceiving the latent power of the soul and in understanding its falsification of the power of the Holy Spirit. Such knowledge is not theoretical but practical in helping people to walk in God's way". . . . from his booklet, "The Latent Power of the Soul".

Moral of the story: Buyer beware!

Word based mystic

latent power of the soul taps into witchcraft through unholy faith. producing signs and wonders resulting in

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

The soul led by the Spirit in doing works results in this

And he also that received the two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: lo, I have gained other two talents. 23His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will set thee over many things; enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

"The peril of the believer is to confuse the spirit for the soul and the soul for the spirit, and so be deceived into accepting the counterfeit of evil spirits to the unsettling of God's work. . . The greatest advantage in knowing the difference between spirit and soul is in perceiving the latent power of the soul and in understanding its falsification of the power of the Holy Spirit. Such knowledge is not theoretical but practical in helping people to walk in God's way". . . . from his booklet, "The Latent Power of the Soul".

Moral of the story: Buyer beware!

A very profound statement. This is where the word of God is so important, to distinguish those things "soulish" from those things truly spiritual.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

This is also not just a problem of evil spirits that influence, but more true for simply the human spirit, absent the Holy Spirit, which doesn't need devils to be selfish and wicked, to pursue sin. People can do all sorts of evil, without any help at all. The soul of man, absent God, is very deceptive and deadly, such a person even considered dead already to God, never having been born again of the Spirit.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Beyond repentance and coming to the Lord Jesus in faith, the word of God, to be prayerfully steeped in scripture truth, every day, is the antidote to spiritual evils.

Buyer beware, indeed, in this evil and apostate time we live. Even so-called Christian message boards are more a spiritual slum of vain anger, deceit and error, of narcissistic mental illness, than anything else, a true fulfillment of such prophecies,

2 Timothy 4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Truster

Truster

One who sits in the seat of moses
judging all things

and feels comfortable.

reminds me of a frog in water that is slowly coming to a boil

You just haven't got a clue have you? Judging in the seat of Moses denotes someone judging by the law of Moses and I haven't done that.
What I have done is call this Lee a false teacher and that is what I am called to do. ''My sheep know my voice and will not follow the voice of a stranger''.

Cross Reference

You just haven't got a clue have you? Judging in the seat of Moses denotes someone judging by the law of Moses and I haven't done that.
What I have done is call this Lee a false teacher and that is what I am called to do. ''My sheep know my voice and will not follow the voice of a stranger''.

What do you know about Nee that might leave someone with the notion you might know what you are talking about when accusing him?

Speak of it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Watchman Nee was undoubtedly a servant of God

....took courage to go around shouting the gospel in Communist China and he paid a heavy price for it.

...Watchman Nee was too much influenced by western holiness teachers, never the less he was a servant of Christ.

Cross Reference

Of course. I should have remembered. How foolish of me. ___ Do you have another word I have overlooked??

:rolleyes:

Learn:

Nee a student at Trinity College, believed in the verbal inspiration of the Bible and that the Bible is God's Word. He also believed that God is in one sense triune, Father, Son, and Spirit, distinctly three, yet fully one, co-existing and coinhering each other from eternity to eternity. He believed that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, even God Himself, incarnated as a man with both the human life and the divine life, that He died on the cross to accomplish redemption, that he rose bodily from the dead on the third day, that He ascended into heaven and was enthroned, crowned with glory, and made the Lord of all, and that He will return the second time to receive His followers, to save Israel, and to establish His millennial kingdom on the earth. He believed that every person who believes in Jesus Christ will be forgiven by God, washed by His redeeming blood, justified by faith, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and saved by grace. Such a believer is a child of God and a member of the Body of Christ. He also believed that the destiny of every believer is to be an integral part of the church, which is the Body of Christ and the house of God. . . .Wiki'd.

Now, what was that word you used to label him ___ Modalism?? Sure you want to stick with that?

Last edited:

Truster

Of course. I should have remembered. How foolish of me. ___ Do you have another word I have overlooked??

Learn:

Nee a student at Trinity College. Nee believed in the verbal inspiration of the Bible and that the Bible is God's Word. He also believed that God is in one sense triune, Father, Son, and Spirit, distinctly three, yet fully one, co-existing and coinhering each other from eternity to eternity. He believed that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, even God Himself, incarnated as a man with both the human life and the divine life, that He died on the cross to accomplish redemption, that he rose bodily from the dead on the third day, that He ascended into heaven and was enthroned, crowned with glory, and made the Lord of all, and that He will return the second time to receive His followers, to save Israel, and to establish His millennial kingdom on the earth. He believed that every person who believes in Jesus Christ will be forgiven by God, washed by His redeeming blood, justified by faith, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and saved by grace. Such a believer is a child of God and a member of the Body of Christ. He also believed that the destiny of every believer is to be an integral part of the church, which is the Body of Christ and the house of God. . . .Wiki'd.

Lee had no understanding of the difference between the soul and the spirit. He was unable to understand the function of each.

Truster

Learn:

Nee a student at Trinity College, believed in the verbal inspiration of the Bible and that the Bible is God's Word. He also believed that God is in one sense triune, Father, Son, and Spirit, distinctly three, yet fully one, co-existing and coinhering each other from eternity to eternity. He believed that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, even God Himself, incarnated as a man with both the human life and the divine life, that He died on the cross to accomplish redemption, that he rose bodily from the dead on the third day, that He ascended into heaven and was enthroned, crowned with glory, and made the Lord of all, and that He will return the second time to receive His followers, to save Israel, and to establish His millennial kingdom on the earth. He believed that every person who believes in Jesus Christ will be forgiven by God, washed by His redeeming blood, justified by faith, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and saved by grace. Such a believer is a child of God and a member of the Body of Christ. He also believed that the destiny of every believer is to be an integral part of the church, which is the Body of Christ and the house of God. . . .Wiki'd.

Now, what was that word you used to label him ___ Modalism?? Sure you want to stick with that?

Wiki'Pd hhahahahahaaaaa.

Cross Reference

Lee had no understanding of the difference between the soul and the spirit. He was unable to understand the function of each.

Fine! Now you speak of what he didn't understand so we all might understand he didn't know what he was talking about when writing his three volume book, "The Spiritual Man" or "The Latent Power of the Soul". Please begin> Enlighten us. What did he overlook?

Word based mystic

yes you definitely judge by fleshly, earthly, shadows. Not by spiritual methods.

you judge by the perfection of ones mental understanding of scripture.
and dismiss others salvation accordingly.

you obviously do not judge by others fruits of the spirit, being love, peace, gentleness, kindness, longsuffering, patience and self control.

if you had judged yourself accordingly you would fail.

You have shown little to none of the above spiritual fruits on this site. instead you follow the path of the accuser of the brethren and use it as a badge of honor.

Truster

yes you definitely judge by fleshly, earthly, shadows. Not by spiritual methods.

you obviously do not judge by others fruits of the spirit, being love, peace, gentleness, kindness, longsuffering, patience and self control.

You have shown little to none of the above spiritual fruits on this site. instead you follow the path of the accuser of the brethren and use it as a badge of honor.

I accuse the pseudo brethren, the pseudo teacher, the pseudo healer and the liar's.

I hate with pure hatred the enemies of Messiah and you are amongst their number. I have seen the damage that people like you cause and I will speak out against you with the contempt you fully deserve.

Cross Reference

I accuse the pseudo brethren, the pseudo teacher, the pseudo healer and the liar's.

I hate with pure hatred the enemies of Messiah and you are amongst their number. I have seen the damage that people like you cause and I will speak out against you with the contempt you fully deserve.

Go for it __ man without a hope!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Truster needs to read Nees book.

LA