ECT Was love the main teaching Jesus taught?

Truster

The Messiah spoke on love 13 times. He preached some 190 times on hell, repentance and judgement.

PS
Marah, Hebrew: מָרָה‎ meaning 'bitter', from the waters of Marah into which Moses threw a certain tree.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Messiah spoke on love 13 times. He preached some 190 times on hell, repentance and judgement.

Actually that is absurd. If you read aloud all that is recorded in the Bible of words spoken by Jesus it will take less than 2 hours. In other words, it is a very incomplete record.

Truster

Actually that is absurd. If you read aloud all that is recorded in the Bible of words spoken by Jesus it will take less than 2 hours. In other words, it is a very incomplete record.

I have given you the facts and I didn't expect someone like you to understand them. I was not disappointed.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 10:27 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
27 He answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”

oatmeal

Is the amount of words that Jesus spent on a subject the right measurement to determine what Jesus' main teaching was?

I don't know.

What I do know is that Jesus did teach a lot more than just love.

He came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. John 10:10b.

Seems logical that the main thrust of his teaching would be about how to receive what he came to make available.