Was Jesus a Jew?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I thought about making this a poll, but I couldn't stop laughing at how cheesy that would be.

Simple question, was Jesus a Jew?????

I am involved in a discussion with a couple other people and there seems to be some question about whether or not Jesus was a Jew. I had never heard otherwise until today.

Zimfan

According to wikipedia a Jew is "a follower of the Jewish faith, a child of a Jewish mother, or someone of Jewish descent with a connection to Jewish culture or ethnicity." At the very least I think we can all agree that Jesus was of Jewish culture and ethnicity.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Zimfan said:
According to wikipedia a Jew is "a follower of the Jewish faith, a child of a Jewish mother, or someone of Jewish descent with a connection to Jewish culture or ethnicity." At the very least I think we can all agree that Jesus was of Jewish culture and ethnicity.

He also practiced Judaism.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why would anyone think Jesus wasn't a Jew?

Usually when folks make that claim you find out later they are racists.

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
Why would anyone think Jesus wasn't a Jew?

Usually when folks make that claim you find oiut later they are racists.
I think we are speaking more along the lines of His religious views.

justchristian

I always thought it was a standard yes that Jesus was jewish, where is one supposed to get the idea he wasn't - esspecially if said one is a Christian?

Mr. 5020

1 Peter 3:15

justchristian said:
I always thought it was a standard yes that Jesus was jewish, where is one supposed to get the idea he wasn't - esspecially if said one is a Christian?
Do you believe that Jesus practiced the religion of Judaism? And if so, do you know why you believe that?

Mr. 5020

BillyBob said:
Jesus practiced Judaism. Paul is the 'founder' of Christianity.
I am still waiting for just one Bible verse to prove anything that you are claiming.