Victory Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

h20pls

truthman said:
I don't think attacking them for a coffee shop and exercise classes really addresses the issue h20

It's not an attack.

I find that churches with coffee shops and mini-YMCAs (which i don't think they have one...) tend to have the kind of luke-warm Christianity that enables mis-guided preachers to counsel and comfort folks who starve helpless children.

My comment stands...though I'm sorry it puts you in the awkward position of defending Victory Church...it should make you feel a little queasy.

Adam

Hall of Fame
h20pls said:
It's not an attack.

I find that churches with coffee shops and mini-YMCAs (which i don't think they have one...) tend to have the kind of luke-warm Christianity that enables mis-guided preachers to counsel and comfort folks who starve helpless children.

My comment stands...though I'm sorry it puts you in the awkward position of defending Victory Church...it should make you feel a little queasy.
Give it a rest H20, I'm on your side. What happened was murder, and there are guilty parties that need to pay for that crime.

I also agree that typically, churches who have such amenities are lukewarm and have milk fed babies in the pews.

However, to say that I am defending Victory Church is a stretch on your part and you need to chill out.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has anyone else with bible sense gotten on the Victory website forum? What was the general response?

I registered but I haven't been able to access the forum yet.

h20pls

truthman said:
Give it a rest H20, I'm on your side. What happened was murder, and there are guilty parties that need to pay for that crime.

I also agree that typically, churches who have such amenities are lukewarm and have milk fed babies in the pews.

However, to say that I am defending Victory Church is a stretch on your part and you need to chill out.

This having been said (and in a complete state of chill)...I think the "coffee shop / yoga" quip was germane to the topic...without "luke warm...milk fed babies in the pews" where would ministers like Buddy find work.

Glad to be on your side. And I never lost my chill. :)

Adam

Hall of Fame
Yeah, it's sad. Nowadays, when people walk into church, they're handed a bottle (to hold the milk) rather than a steak knife (to cut the meat).

Status
Not open for further replies.