veganism = early death

1PeaceMaker

I haven't had chicken in a while because lately it has tasted funny. Maybe that's why. I don't eat that many carbs until they are high in fiber. I love dark green baby lettuce, blue berries brussels sprouts. broccoli and assorted fresh fruit. My favorite meat is salmon.

Sounds like we have a lot in common in the taste dept. I love salmon.

And I love fish so much, I want to grow tilapia. I have a blog post about the subject. (basically just a cool aquaponics vid) Tilapia is different than salmon, but a lot like large mouth bass, earthy-delicious.

I have to admit I'm only sometimes a broccoli lover. I think it's very smart to eat from that family, anyway. It's also a really bright idea to keep the carbs slow. What better way to keep the blood sugars in check, right? :up:

Even my 10 year old is sold on eating slow carbs. Last time she had ice cream, which isn't a common treat, but we bring it around sometimes so the kids feel like they had a "normal" childhood, she said she's not crazy for the headaches she gets from the blood sugar spike. I've taught her (and learned along side her) a lot about headaches, because like me, she used to get them a lot. We pretty much have gotten to the bottom of it. Blood sugar, blood acidity, dehydration and electrolyte balance are the main things we keep an eye on.

Most of those causes I just mentioned are taken care of with our homemade hard water, starting with our distilled water and then adding a bit of magnesium bicarbonate (also homemade, very easy). But high-glycemic carbohydrates are a pretty common culprit.

1PeaceMaker

I don't eat meat, I haven't since 2000.

I'm in far better health now than I was 11 years ago.

As long as you aren't breastfeeding, under 2, or pregnant, you should get away with it just fine. :thumb: (although I've seen veggie diets "blow out" people's colons)

I'm more concerned with avoiding pesticides in our food at this point. 98% of human fetuses who were tested were found to have pesticides in their blood streams.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sounds like we have a lot in common in the taste dept. I love salmon.

And I love fish so much, I want to grow tilapia. I have a blog post about the subject. (basically just a cool aquaponics vid) Tilapia is different than salmon, but a lot like large mouth bass, earthy-delicious.

I have to admit I'm only sometimes a broccoli lover. I think it's very smart to eat from that family, anyway. It's also a really bright idea to keep the carbs slow. What better way to keep the blood sugars in check, right? :up:

Even my 10 year old is sold on eating slow carbs. Last time she had ice cream, which isn't a common treat, but we bring it around sometimes so the kids feel like they had a "normal" childhood, she said she's not crazy for the headaches she gets from the blood sugar spike. I've taught her (and learned along side her) a lot about headaches, because like me, she used to get them a lot. We pretty much have gotten to the bottom of it. Blood sugar, blood acidity, dehydration and electrolyte balance are the main things we keep an eye on.

Most of those causes I just mentioned are taken care of with our homemade hard water, starting with our distilled water and then adding a bit of magnesium bicarbonate (also homemade, very easy). But high-glycemic carbohydrates are a pretty common culprit.

I cannot create a sugar spike no matter how hard I try. My blood sugar stays at 94. The sugar has the effect of killing the appetite and causing indigestion. I did a sugar tolerance test two years ago. It caused a belly ache but the blood sugar didn't budge.

I don't like things made from refined flour because it turns into mush in the mouth. I don't like sugar because it overwhelms the taste buds. I was raised on natural garden grown foods.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
As long as you aren't breastfeeding, under 2, or pregnant, you should get away with it just fine. :thumb: (although I've seen veggie diets "blow out" people's colons)

I'm more concerned with avoiding pesticides in our food at this point. 98% of human fetuses who were tested were found to have pesticides in their blood streams.

Well then I have nothing to worry about.

There is a tendency in Western culture to eat way too much meat. Most of us can benefit for eating less of it and more veggies. A serving of about the size of a deck of cards for beef is about all we need two the three times a week for middle aged adults. The rest of the days we should eat poultry or fish. As we get older we need less beef and more fish.

this is not entirely true..

the problems is eating too much PERIOD

Meat is the healthiest thing we can eat... probably.. (it depends on many other factors... such as how much meat have you already eaten that day... how old you are... how much sugar you are eating with the meal.....)

the human body is made up of protetin, fat, and water and a few trace (this and that)

meat is made up of ...

same..