ECT Understanding the mark, name, image, and number of the man/beast

I.S.I.T.

Ok, I see what you are saying now. But the marks Paul speaks of has nothing to do with the mark of the beast. But in a spiritual sense it is in line with what I was showing with receiving your masters "mark" or seal to whom you served by either the spirit of the world, or the Spirit (seal) of God

Notice the Bible usage...στίγμα stígma, stig'-mah; from a primary στίζω stízō (to "stick", i.e. prick); a mark incised or punched (for recognition of ownership), i.e. (figuratively) scar of service:—mark.

Also Bible usage...."a mark pricked in or branded upon the body. To ancient oriental usage, slaves and soldiers bore the name or the stamp of their master or commander branded or pricked (cut) into their bodies to indicate what master or general they belonged to, and there were even some devotee's who stamped themselves in this way with the token of their gods"

So that is speaking more of a physical mark, but we know by scripture God's mark or seal is that of the Holy Spirit. But that is interesting, I never noticed that 6 as being different. You can also see the same kind of thing in the "signet" of the Lord, kind of like the sealing of the Masters name.

I.S.I.T.

I wanted to add this into this thread as it speaks to the "nature" of the man who is like a natural brute beast.

The characteristics and nature of those who belong to the body of the scarlet colored beast are given to us in scripture. The Red Dragon and the scarlet colored beast are that color because they have been “marked” by sin, or sinful behavior. Just as sin is the “mark” of the man/beast being the spirit of his nature.

These being of the flesh, are carnally minded, earthly, sensual, and devilish and will do the lusts of their father the Devil= sinful behavior. Those who are of the world, are also of the Prince and spirit of this world, and are guided by and empowered by his wicked spirit. These carnally minded men by this spirit of covering are given the heart and mind like a natural brute beast.

It is written in Ecclesiastes 3:18 “I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

We know this beast nature has been around for some time now, and is not limited to the very last days, even though it is gaining more and more disciples by deception. Again we read in Psalm 49:20 “Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.”

Jesus showed us in the parable of “that man” how this “wicked generation”or the last state of mankind would be worse than his first state, just as it is written evil men and deceivers would also wax worse and worse. 2 Timothy 3:13 “But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

We know this Beast mentality was present during Jesus and the apostle’s time, as is witnessed by the apostles themselves, just as one characteristic of these natural brute beast (natural man) would be they also understand not the spiritual things of God. Paul fought with those carnally minded men who were of the body of the scarlet beast, and of the synagogue of Satan at Ephesus, whose manner is of men. 1 Corinthians 15:32 “If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus,…”

This same mannerism working in the first natural man is empowered by the Red Dragon, giving these carnally minded men preachers, teachers, prophets, politicians, scientists, and even world leaders a place and seat of authority for a time in this world. This manner and power is of the Serpent being cunning and crafty, with words often times as smooth as oil.

The son’s nature is like his father’s nature, as the scarlet beasts nature is as the Devils nature and way as well, just as the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. The Devil is also known as the Prince of the power of the air= doctrine breathed and moved by his spirit= wind Ephesians 4:14 “That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;”

And again the characteristics and nature of those who are of the Beast are spoken of by the apostles, these being evil and unable to understand the spiritual things of God because they are still in sin, and thereby still in darkness.

2 Peter 2:12 “But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;”

Jude 1:10 “But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.”

1 Corinthians 2:14 “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 John 4:6 “We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Interplanner

Just remember that most of the Rev was for the first generation of Jewish Christians (hence the unbelievably heaven OT symbolism) to help them come to terms with what was happening to that generation, and how Christ's kingdom would continue on. We don't work in this AT ALL on a regular basis, and there is nothing so necessary about the Rev by comparison with other NT chapters on the 2nd coming that should cause us to drop everything and get a Judaistic background in these things.

The 1st page says so--about the immediate references of the book.

It is one of many solid indications that the apostles believed the 2nd coming to be happening very shortly, not even as late as 70.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Revelation 13:18 KJV
(18) Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

chi xi stigma
khee xee stig'-ma
The 22nd, 14th and an obsolete letter (G4742 as a cross)

Why was an obsolete letter used for "6" in this verse, when all others that use "6" are the letter hex (not stigma).
Revelation 14:20 KJV
(20) And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.​

Revelation 4:8 KJV
(8) And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Acts 11:12 KJV
(12) And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:

John 2:6 KJV
(6) And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.

I never noticed that 6 as being different.
Most don't notice that detail.
But now you know.
Spread that knowledge around and see if anyone gives you an answer as to why an obsolete letter was used in that particular place in scripture, when everywhere else the number '6' is used by the more common hex, not stigma.
Even when using the word "sixth" (6th) ---- as in: the sixth angel sounded ---- a form of hex is used, not stigma.

Another thing to consider is that the word "count" in the Rev 13:18 verse is only used one other time in scripture:

Revelation 13:18 KJV​
(18) Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.​

Luke 14:28 KJV​
(28) For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?​

Interplanner

Start in Dan 8:13. The rebellion that desolates has a leader, the passage says shortly. That guy appears in the 490 years and ruins the country.

That's what's going on that matters. You will waste hours of ministry time on this other.

I.S.I.T.

Start in Dan 8:13. The rebellion that desolates has a leader, the passage says shortly. That guy appears in the 490 years and ruins the country.

That's what's going on that matters. You will waste hours of ministry time on this other.

This thread is not about the abomination of desolation and destruction of the temple, or the 70 weeks of Daniel prophecy. The destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem and the abomination of desolation was fulfilled in 70 ad. but that just began the tribulation of "those days" for the Jews, as Jesus stated. Those days of vengeance were determined to run "many days" as is written, and is confirmed by history with the persecution of the Jews and holy people, which is still ongoing.

That tribulation period runs all the way to the 'fulness of the gentiles" which is marked by the 6th seal signs, as Jesus also stated those signs would be after the tribulation of "those days" as it pertained to the Jews. Then begins the wrath of God (days of trouble such as the world has never seen) being poured out without measure on the entire world (coming soon after the 6th seal is loosed). Alot of people do not understand that there is actually 2 tribulation periods shown in scripture.(Romans 2:9)

But the overcoming and getting victory over the mark of the beast, which is sin, and the victory over the name, which is Death is still very important for all believers to fully understand today, even until the return of Christ.

Most people totally miss the spiritual warfare that needs to be won inside each and every believer. But rather most look with their eyes, being yet carnally minded, and look for an enemy to come in a single man figure which is just a distraction and great deception.

Our battle is not against flesh and blood men, but against spiritual wickedness working inside the hearts and minds of men. I will write more on this spiritual warfare, and show by scripture how even many of the saints were also prophesied to be overcome by that spirit of a lie and deceived.

Danoh

The Canon is complete...the only spiritual wickedness now at work against it - and until some point after that as yet future "fulness of the Gentiles be come in" - is in "the ignorance of men" and or "their own craftiness" - that "course of this world" first set in motion in the hearts men, way back when, in Genesis 3.

I.S.I.T.

Concerning the "name"....

Revelation 3:1
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

There is the body of the scarlet colored beast made up of many members by one spirit.

And there is the body of the Lamb (Body of Christ) also made up of many members by One Spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.