UK Deaths At 20,732 10% Of ALL Global Fatalities

Arthur Brain

Let's see....... if the sickness figures begin to rise then they'll have to back peddle.

IMO Boris made a serious mistake yesterday. He was questioned about the care homes tragedy and he denied that he had advised that care homes could be overlooked as of 'no real risk'. He denied this.... in Parliament. The BBC showed a 'PM's letter' which shows that he wrote that down exactly..... several weeks ago. He's going to get questioned about that today, we hear.

During the election campaign people complained again and again that when under pressure Boris lies. He's too old to change now. That's no good.
Whilst I really like his gestures of determination and his 'go forward together' speeches, if he falls back in to fibbing on demand then he'll bust himself.

Well, look at how care home deaths were withheld from official figures. There's likely to be a real backlash over this and also the debacle over the distribution of PPE as in the news earlier. It's not good...

eider

Well, look at how care home deaths were withheld from official figures. There's likely to be a real backlash over this and also the debacle over the distribution of PPE as in the news earlier. It's not good...

Yes......... I saw a pic of care home workers with wearing bin bags for overalls.

Did you see the two one-hour programs about the Royal London Free Hospital staff working through this pandemic? OMG! Their mortuary filled up for the first time in that hospital's history. Workmen were laying the concrete foundations outside for two new portable mortuaries to be installed. The hospital's oxygen cylinder was massive, and 12 feet high by six wide (guess) and it could not cope with the demand, the wards' oxygen alarms were kicking off and emergency bottles were being raced in as they waited for BOC to arrive to refill the giant tank. The staff are in perpetual trauma....... won't ever completely recover from their experiences.

chair

It's somewhat encouraging to see that the number of new cases in both the UK and US seems to be leveling off- though it hasn't yet started dropping. about 2,500 daily new cases in the UK, and 20,000 in the US. In the US, daily new cases in NY are going down.

lovemeorhateme

At London Ambulance Service (where I work as a 999 dispatcher), back in March it was absolute hell. Almost every call was about virus related symptoms, and we saw a 75-80% increase in demand. It took up to 20 minutes to get your 999 call answered, and it was taking hours to get to even serious emergencies. We were on our knees, and genuinely scared for the impact on people with the normal emergencies we deal with - strokes, heart attacks, diabetic problems, asthma attacks, cardiac arrests, etc.

Then, at the beginning of April, something happened and now we’ve never had less work to do for the past 6/7 weeks. Demand is 50% below normal pre-virus levels, and we’re spending a lot of time twiddling our thumbs. Even calls for minor issues are getting ambulances as quick as for major issues, and ambulances are all arriving in record time. Also, very few calls have anything to do with virus symptoms, but are instead just the usual stuff we deal with.

Of course, I can only speak from the perspective of my job and geographical location, but London hasn’t been doing bad for weeks now - and it seems to have fared a lot better than NY, even though population density here is much higher.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
At London Ambulance Service (where I work as a 999 dispatcher), back in March it was absolute hell. Almost every call was about virus related symptoms, and we saw a 75-80% increase in demand. It took up to 20 minutes to get your 999 call answered, and it was taking hours to get to even serious emergencies. We were on our knees, and genuinely scared for the impact on people with the normal emergencies we deal with - strokes, heart attacks, diabetic problems, asthma attacks, cardiac arrests, etc.

Then, at the beginning of April, something happened and now we’ve never had less work to do for the past 6/7 weeks. Demand is 50% below normal pre-virus levels, and we’re spending a lot of time twiddling our thumbs. Even calls for minor issues are getting ambulances as quick as for major issues, and ambulances are all arriving in record time. Also, very few calls have anything to do with virus symptoms, but are instead just the usual stuff we deal with.

Of course, I can only speak from the perspective of my job and geographical location, but London hasn’t been doing bad for weeks now - and it seems to have fared a lot better than NY, even though population density here is much higher.

Pete! :wave2:

Hilltrot

If those idiots in the UK would start prescribing HCQ or Ivermectin at first infection their death toll would fade away. Take a look at Somalia's total deaths: 19. And what is the only drug the Somali's use? HCQ.
Though to be fair, Somalia doesn't have an obesity problem and I doubt they are counting every elderly death as a Covid death.

Gary K

Banned
Though to be fair, Somalia doesn't have an obesity problem and I doubt they are counting every elderly death as a Covid death.
There is a problem with your idea. HCQ plus zinc can be used as a prophylactic treatment to keep a person from reaching the level of a viral load that means even people with multiple comorbidities won't get sick. They will rarely reach the level of viral load to make them suffer from symptoms. I have multiple comorbidities and take quercetin (a zinc ionophore very similar to HCQ only it's found in nature), zinc, and vitamin d3 for the past 9 months, and my wife does too, and neither of us have even gotten the sniffles. And my wife works where she is in daily contact with people who are sick. She has a pretty significant autoimmune disease and normally is sick at least once a month because of her reduced immunity levels. She hasn't gone 9 months without being sick for a couple of decades until now.

There are a hundred plus studies that show HCQ makes a very significant reduction in hospitalizations and deaths.

That the HCQ regimen does not do away with any threat from the coronavirus is one of the major lies told to us by the medical establishment and government bureauracracies and the mockingbird media.