Tyrant Dad

bybee

Speak for yourself. It's perfectly possible to oppose corporal punishment for reasons other than fear of your temper.

Indeed! I oppose it because I love my children. I chose to be creative in motivating my children to "do the right thing".

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Treating my inexperience in raising children of my own as though I couldn't begin to know the first thing about raising children is pathetic.

No, it's reality.
If they had been strong willed you would know. Apparently you don't know the meaning of the term if you think I'm wrong on this.
I'm saying you have nothing to go on to make the claim. I purposely don't say a lot about my children here, and I'm certainly not going to say anything that will expose them to the kind of abuse you routinely dish out. In the meantime, I'll continue to be amused by your pretense.

What I said was not a generalization. I posted an observation, because you said your parents would not talk to you about their parenting decisions. And, fyi, that is a form of abuse.
No. I said I couldn't talk to them, and I'm not going to discuss with you why that was. Again, you go far beyond your ability to discern; you're like Wile E. Coyote right before he drops in midair, only you don't know it yet.

And as far as experience with abuse goes, I certainly have it. My stepmother once had her hands around my throat. She liked to run water while I was in the shower. Sometimes she made me eat my dinner on the floor, like an animal.

I can tell you right now, that is not how to raise a child. But since I have no kids of my own, I must be wrong.
I'm sorry for your experiences, I truly am. But that doesn't change the fact that you're talking to someone who has years and years of competent parenting experience on you. If the tables were turned you'd be just as ready to point that out, but with a lot more name-calling.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No, it's reality.
Is that why you say the same thing to everyone who wholeheartedly agrees with me that has raised children of their own?

I'm saying you have nothing to go on to make the claim. I purposely don't say a lot about my children here, and I'm certainly not going to say anything that will expose them to the kind of abuse you routinely dish out. In the meantime, I'll continue to be amused by your pretense.
You said you don't know if they were strong-willed. I was agreeing with someone who has raised children who told you that you would know if they were. You clearly don't know the meaning of "strong willed."

No. I said I couldn't talk to them, and I'm not going to discuss with you why that was. Again, you go far beyond your ability to discern; you're like Wile E. Coyote right before he drops in midair, only you don't know it yet.
Now you're assuming that I don't know what it's like to be neglected by my parents. Idiot.

I'm sorry for your experiences, I truly am. But that doesn't change the fact that you're talking to someone who has years and years of competent parenting experience on you. If the tables were turned you'd be just as ready to point that out, but with a lot more name-calling.
No, I wouldn't. I don't doubt anyone's ability to discern from their own experiences as children.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
IS that why you say the same thing to everyone who wholeheartedly agrees with me that has raised children of their own?

Why would I tell someone who's raised children that they don't have parenting experience?
You said you don't know if they were strong-willed. I was agreeing with someone who has raised children who told you that you would know if they were. You clearly don't know the meaning of "strong willed."
I certainly do. We'll just never know how much the effectiveness of my parenting style overcame a strong will.

We'll never know if nurture edged out nature enough to make a big difference in their lives.

And that's why you don't know. Clearly.

Now you're assuming that I don't know what it's like to be neglected by my parents. Idiot.
Child.

No, I wouldn't. I don't doubt anyone's ability to discern from their own experiences as children.
That's not the issue of contention, and you well know that. Being a child doesn't give you parenting experience. Parenting does.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So if you had someone going around calling you a child killer you'd actually just ignore it. Sorry, sis, that dog don't hunt.
yes, if it was a totally outrageous claim that shows them as an obvious fruitcake - yes, unless i believed her to be dangerous.

No one should have to answer to every fruitcake claim made against someone especially those in the public eye, they get loads of them. If they wasted their time adressing the nuts they would never have time for anything else and why give an obvious fruitcake any creedence to their claims? Whats to adress, shes obviously nuts and shows that for herself.

I *would* however try to do something about her posting his personal information - thats a violation of his privacy and CAN actually cause him harm.

P.S. Is there any truth to her allegations about the attempt to destroy her family? Obviously something set her off. Find it hard to believe this was manufactured purely out of whole cloth.

Mentally ill people make things up all the time out of their heads and justify their thoughts with anything they can make up too. Shes clearly pretty ill and it shows if you read her junk.

Last edited by a moderator:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Now you all know why God calls people like her a pervert. They twist good and evil.

Now you know why I think your kind of discipline is abusive. You not only beat your little girls with a belt, you'd bind them if they resist and make them wish they hadn't resisted.

Talk about twisting good and evil.

She is doing it wrong. If they resist, bind them and make them wish they hadn't resisted. And use a paddle, not your hands.

Tyrant Dad.

bybee

Now you all know why God calls people like her a pervert. They twist good and evil.

Hell no. I love them too much to not do what is right.

I shall be dead and gone when your children are grow. I pray that they understand that it was out of love that you beat them.
You make me sick.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Why would I tell someone who's raised children that they don't have parenting experience?
Exactly my point. There are those in this thread agreeing with me who have raised children of their own and you do not use the same argument on them; which renders the argument ineffectual and worthless.

You are simply attempting to discredit me with no valid foundation because there are those who do not fit that criteria who think I'm right. Some of whom have raised more children than you.

I certainly do. We'll just never know how much the effectiveness of my parenting style overcame a strong will.

We'll never know if nurture edged out nature enough to make a big difference in their lives.

And that's why you don't know. Clearly.
You're an idiot.

Was that supposed to wound me? You're weak, Anna. And pathetic.

That's not the issue of contention, and you well know that. Being a child doesn't give you parenting experience. Parenting does.
And what of those who have been parents, some to more children than you had, who agree with me on this? Do they also not know of what they speak?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Now you know why I think your kind of discipline is abusive. You not only beat your little girls with a belt, you'd bind them if they resist and make them wish they hadn't resisted.

Talk about twisting good and evil.
THis is you twisting his words to mean something they do not. And you don't care enough to seek an explanation. You are dishonest and disingenuous. You are a godless prat.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
she didn't use to be

if you read her back three or four years ago before she became town's sycophant, she was a totally different poster

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Exactly my point. There are those in this thread agreeing with me who have raised children of their own and you do not use the same argument on them; which renders the argument ineffectual and worthless.

No, I don't use the same argument with them. They have parenting experience. :duh:

You are simply attempting to discredit me with no valid foundation because there are those who do not fit that criteria who think I'm right. Some of whom have raised more children than you.
Yes! I'm totally discrediting your pretense of having comparable parental experience.

You're an idiot.
Was that supposed to wound me? You're weak, Lighthouse. And pathetic.

And what of those who have been parents, some to more children than you had, who agree with me on this? Do they also not know of what they speak?
Then I would differ with them regarding discipline, but obviously I wouldn't tell them they didn't have parenting experience. I'd only say that to someone who :idea: didn't have parenting experience.

Give it up Lighthouse. I have over 25 years of parenting experience, and you don't.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
THis is you twisting his words to mean something they do not. And you don't care enough to seek an explanation. You are dishonest and disingenuous. You are a godless prat.

His words are there to be seen, I don't need an explanation.

Plus, I don't care what either of you think.

And you're a petulant child.