ECT Two Nations In Rebekah's Womb - Genesis 25: 23

northwye

Matthew 25:31-33: "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left."

Genesis 25:23: "And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger."

The two nations are two kinds of people, or "two manner of people," not necessarily two countries as we think of nation states.

One of the two peoples is flesh, or which live in the flesh and show signs of being flesh. The other people are spirit who live in and by the Spirit and show that they are of spirit though in the flesh.

The literalist view says the two nations are descendants of Esau and of Jacob, and that Jacob is the Father of Old Covenant Israel, which is true. But - "Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come." I Corinthians 10: 11

Malachi 1: 2 begins by saying that God loved Jacob and Hated Esau. But as Malachi goes on into Chapter 2, we begin to realize that he is not talking about the descendants of Esau but about hose of Jacob.

"And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
2. If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
3. Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
4. And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
5. My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
6. The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
7. For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
8. But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts." Malachi 2: 1-8

And Haggai 2: 9 says "The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace,saith the Lord of hosts."

Romans 8:13-16: "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:"

Though the former house is of the flesh, its remnant was given the beginning of the Spirit, and a remnant of this former house (Romans 11: 1-5) was given the honor of being the first fruits of the later house of the Spirit.

Last edited: