Turbo's pick 9-03-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Berean Todd
Sometimes we as Christians have a problem with being falsely humble. One of the most misused passages we seem to take out of context which is often used for that is this:

Isaiah 55:8 (NASB)
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.

However, while it is unfortunately popular for many Christians to quote this, we must look at it in context, for God was not directly speaking this to us the Church. This was written during the time of Issaiah, as the Kingdom of Judah was becoming idolotrous, wicked, fallen place. The Lord was preparing to deliver them over to the Babylonian captivity for their great wickedness, and He was right concerning them: their thoughts were not His thoughts, their ways not His.

However, we as Christians are exhorted to:

Philippians 2:5 (NKJV) Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus

We are told to be like Him, we have the Spirit to guide us in our lives. We will never fully be conformed to Him this side of Glory, and we must guard our thoughts and minds. To, as the Bible also tells us to:

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

So, the next time someone trys to pass off the false humility, claiming to not be able to know or understand the ways of God, realize that we have a love letter written to us by God, for the express purpose of revealing His mind and His ways to us. Realize that God wants us to know Him more, to follow Him more, to be like Him more, and tell that person, "You may not know God's ways, but me? I have the mind of Christ."

Berean Todd's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.