Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A double dose of GuySmiley posts:
GuySmiley said:
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Turbo, I know you agreed with Bob's letter to James Dobson, but that was nothing more than an attempt to grab audience share--and it was seen as such by the pro-abortion side. This kind of behavior may gain Bob audience share at Dobson's expense, but the overall pro-life influence is diminished.
I believe he was trying to influence James Dobson to change his strategy in shaping politics. I dont see how it diminished pro-life influence.

Turbo, I say to you that one cannot eliminate abortion at the national level, the state level, or the municipal level by illegalizing it. The only way abortion will ever be eliminated is at the individual level, and this will not be accomplished by waving bloody posters around and telling abortion workers and clinic patients how evil they are. Abortion will never be eliminated by writing laws against it: it will only be eliminated by changing the hearts of the people, one heart at a time. This change of heart cannot be imposed by law, authority, or threat: it will only occur when that individual meets God.
Justin, from what I've read from you before, you seem to be a fairly reasonable person, BUT . . . try to read what you posted here and replace the word "abortion" with "murder." Isn't that the pro-life postion? Abortion is murder. Fewer abortions are better than more abortions. Abortion will not be eliminated by making it illegal, but that is no excuse.

Greg
:first:
GuySmiley said:
monochrome said:
Like all other tings, if abortion were illegalized, it would simply open another avenue for black market enterprise. Back-alley abortion would once again become a problem, as women who truely believe that what they do is not wrong go off to poor surgery in order to protect their "rights".

Prohibition didn't stop Capone.

- m -
In similar fashion, when murder was illegalized, people murdered others in secret. We now have the problem of back-alley murders instead of the clean and neat state-sanctioned murders. The fact that murder is illegal also did not stop Capone.

Greg
:second:

:BRAVO:

CONTEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.