Tucson cafe closes indefinately after backlash from pro-Trump FB post

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No one used the term white nationalist until 5 minutes ago.

As I said the division is still between centralization and minimalization. Even if centrals were divided, they would inherently fight until they could impose and silence others. But the historic problem has been those of the Left: Nazism, Marxism-Leninism, etc.

Whenever has a university had to hire 600K of protection for a progressive author to speak, like Berkeley last month when Ben Shapiro was invited, or Ann Coulter will be? Because the totalitarians want to be there to silence, censor, disrupt. The restaurant in the Fox article is in a state university area and the threats were from those who disagreed.
They don't see that IP, I'm glad you do.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The upshot is that it is the Left that is structured like a totalitarian government, and therefore is intolerant and violent.

There is no a Left-Right division in America. Instead, it is centralized vs minimal government. In order to have a centralized government, each person must think identical, as the British communists chanted during WW2: 'One mind, one state, all equal.'

Exactly.

Foxfire

They should have to suck up death threats? Did you read why they closed at all? It wasnt because people wouldnt come.

Did you read why they closed at all?

The managing partner closed the business in his effort to separate himself from the political blunders of his other 2 partners.

Alarcon, the architect of the restaurant’s multilayered meals-in-a-cup menu, submitted his resignation to his partners on Saturday and was working with an attorney to legally untangle himself from the restaurant at 760 N. Tyndall Ave.

“This is just the first step of me removing myself from this company,” he said, noting that he spent hours Friday night reaching out to diners, investors, employees and customers.

“I don’t know the reasoning for this,” he said, adding that business at the restaurant, which opened in early 2016 and moved to the North Tyndall Avenue space in April, had been good.

“We catered to several teams at the UA, plus the Alumni Association just picked us up as their preferred caterer this year. With all this coming on board with us, we were ecstatic,” Alarcon said.

Alarcon said the Facebook post and backlash cost the restaurant supporters and customers. Its 4.9-star Facebook rating, “which we worked really hard to get,” was at two stars by the time the page was deleted, he said.

Foxfire

Did you read why they closed at all?

The managing partner closed the business in his effort to separate himself from the political blunders of his other 2 partners.

Even the lifeline that was attempted from the local GOP franchise was, by all appearance, insufficient to offset losses in customer support. Not even they would/could support Cup It Up enough keep the formerly prosperous business afloat.

Meanwhile, the Pima County Republican Party on Saturday morning took to Facebook to encourage people to support Cup It Up. Ana Henderson, the county GOP’s first vice chairman, invited people to the restaurant from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 10.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Except it never anywhere says THAT! You are extrapolating your own spin.

There are countless articles that say it directly.

Local article:

..Julian Alarcon, a former partner who was not involved in Friday’s Facebook post, said the restaurant at 760 N. Tyndall Ave. was the target of harassing and threatening phone calls throughout the weekend. Two employees quit Saturday because of the calls and several more quit throughout the weekend, he said....

...In an interview Saturday morning, Smith said he contemplated closing the restaurant indefinitely after they received harassing phone calls and threats to burn down the building with the owners in it. But the restaurant opened Saturday and Sunday with no incidents, Alarcon said.
http://tucson.com/tucson-s-cup-it-u...n_fa071ed4-ad15-11e7-a001-073cdcdd4cb0.html#2

Call them and tell them to suck it up. Or apologise. Or be liberal and say die to them.

Foxfire

Call them and tell them to suck it up.

I think that they already got the point, don't you? :think:

Perhaps the next time they want to politicize their business they will contemplate the consequences from their patronage?

I do appreciate that they had the good sense to apologize though.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Perhaps the next time they want to politicize their business they will contemplate the consequences from their patronage?

Im glad you think its ok to threaten lives to push your narrative. Shameful.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

yes, their employees who quit out of fear from people like you who think threats of death are ok, should have also sucked it up.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
He enjoys mocking people and making up cute names for Trump. Like Chump. So original. If he thinks it bothers somebody he does it all the more. It's all he's got so I don't hold it against him.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Foxfire is a childish, small man. He enjoys mocking people and making up cute names for Trump. Like Chump. So original. If he thinks it bothers somebody he does it all the more. It's all he's got so I don't hold it against him.

yes, i noticed when i quoted the local news there, that shows clearly why they closed, he couldnt man up and admit he was wrong, and instead calls me the liar, when he did, instead.

Liberals are nuts.

I feel sorry for those employees and owners who lost their livlihoods, because liberals have no self control.

Foxfire

I don't think it's anymore appropriate that death threats were made to Cup It Up than I do for those made to Kathy Gifford, but I don't think that Gifford deserves a free pass for the consequences of her exercising her "free speech" either.

Nor do the "owners" of "CiP" deserve a free pass for the repercussions of their actions in terms of lost patronage.

Foxfire

He enjoys mocking people and making up cute names for Trump. Like Chump. So original. If he thinks it bothers somebody he does it all the more. It's all he's got so I don't hold it against him.

If you have nothing to add to the OP conversation, then move along :troll:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't think it's anymore appropriate that death threats were made to Cup It Up than I do for those made to Kathy Gifford, but I don't think that Gifford deserves a free pass for the consequences of her exercising her "free speech" either.

Nor do the "owners" of "CiP" deserve a free pass for the repercussions of their actions in terms of lost patronage.

Except loss patronage, wasnt the issue, the death threats were, that scared employees so bad they were quitting and why the owners close the store (threats of death and burning down store with them in it).

I guess youve gone full liberal, since you seem to think its ok to threaten death if you dont like someones thoughts and make the threat so real, employees quit in fear, and psychos like you say they should suck it up.

Then you lie about why they closed, it has nothing to do with loss of business. Shameful. Youre selling all integrity you have because you hate the president, death threats are acceptable to you now, sick.

Foxfire

Except loss patronage, wasnt the issue, the death threats were, that scared employees so bad they were quitting and why the owners close the store (threats of death and burning down store with them in it).

I guess youve gone full liberal, since you seem to think its ok to threaten death if you dont like someones thoughts and make the threat so real, employees quit in fear, and psychos like you say they should suck it up.

Then you lie about why they closed, it has nothing to do with loss of business. Shameful. Youre selling all integrity you have because you hate the president, death threats are acceptable to you now, sick.

You obviously didn't even read the post you just quoted. :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

All's fair with the left if it expresses hatred for Trump including violence, property destruction, intimidation etc.