Trump the un-politician

quip

BANNED
Banned
When asked, Trump admirers revel in the fact that Trump doesn't follow the typical political mold, he says and does what "the people" would say or do if they held the oval office. That's understandable....you hear all sorts of Monday-morning-quarterback critiques about "what I'da would do if I wuz president" rhetoric. But is that mind-set a plausible, realistic mind-set?

Ask yourself one question: Would you desire a rogue, un-trained surgeon to operate on you or a loved one; your pal Bob the plumber doing an IRS audit for you; your office receptionist rebuilding your transmission?

Trump fanatics: Why do you set the bar so low regarding, arguably the most important job in our country.... the Leader of the Free-World?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Speaking of which....is it not disconcerting that nearly half of the American populace are voting based primarily upon emotional, politically-anithetical passions?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
When asked, Trump admirers revel in the fact that Trump doesn't follow the typical political mold

People wanted to see him shake things up, turn DC upside down. I remember fool saying he voted for Trump because he wanted to see what would happen.

I've never forgotten that, voting for someone to see what would happen, and was reminded again when I saw this:

shake-the-system.png

Arthur Brain

People wanted to see him shake things up, turn DC upside down. I remember fool saying he voted for Trump because he wanted to see what would happen.

I've never forgotten that, voting for someone to see what would happen, and was reminded again when I saw this:

shake-the-system.png

Unfortunately, it was obvious what was going to happen. A "celebrity" business mogul with a narcissistic ego to match that just couldn't handle things, even before the travesty of the "coping" with Covid-19. The latest revelations about his admissions on that score should really put pay to any chance of a second term but...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Unfortunately, it was obvious what was going to happen. A "celebrity" business mogul with a narcissistic ego to match that just couldn't handle things, even before the travesty of the "coping" with Covid-19. The latest revelations about his admissions on that score should really put pay to any chance of a second term but...

His base hasn't budged in 4 years. The difference will be made by the ones who voted for him once but won't vote for him twice. I don't trust any polls after 2016, I just have to wait.

Arthur Brain

His base hasn't budged in 4 years. The difference will be made by the ones who voted for him once but won't vote for him twice. I don't trust any polls after 2016, I just have to wait.

One can only hope that his complete ineptitude will dissuade former voters from doing so again. Polls often don't matter and it is just a waiting game as to whether sanity overall will win out...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump is in fact a thoroughly repulsive human being, and we all know that it won't matter because a sufficient number of Americans actively like or just don't care that he's a repulsive human being. Some of them probably like it because it triggers liberals like me, which is both entertaining and politically satisfying. Others probably like it because they are pretty repulsive themselves and enjoy having a champion in a position of power and influence who can truly represent them. Still others may not exactly like his repulsiveness but are perfectly willing to tune it out in return for getting concrete goodies in return: cuts to taxes and regulations, right-wing judges appointed to the courts, and so on.

But what am I supposed to do with this information about my fellow Americans? How should I respond — as a citizen, as a human being — to the knowledge that more than two-fifths of likely voters are cheered by or indifferent to the fact that the commander in chief thinks soldiers are chumps for giving their all for their country in acts of sacrificial valor?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

in two and a half weeks, the undecideds will see Joe's senility first hand

unless he manages to sidestep the first debate :think:

ok doser

Linker is a retard

Some of them probably like it because it triggers liberals like me, which is both entertaining and politically satisfying.

Guilty! :banana:

Still others may not exactly like his repulsiveness but are perfectly willing to tune it out in return for getting concrete goodies in return: cuts to taxes and regulations, right-wing judges appointed to the courts, and so on.

Guilty again! :banana::banana:

But what am I supposed to do with this information about my fellow Americans? How should I respond — as a citizen, as a human being ...

Hop in! :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trump is in fact a thoroughly repulsive human being, and we all know that it won't matter because a sufficient number of Americans actively like or just don't care that he's a repulsive human being. Some of them probably like it because it triggers liberals like me, which is both entertaining and politically satisfying. Others probably like it because they are pretty repulsive themselves and enjoy having a champion in a position of power and influence who can truly represent them. Still others may not exactly like his repulsiveness but are perfectly willing to tune it out in return for getting concrete goodies in return: cuts to taxes and regulations, right-wing judges appointed to the courts, and so on.

But what am I supposed to do with this information about my fellow Americans? How should I respond — as a citizen, as a human being — to the knowledge that more than two-fifths of likely voters are cheered by or indifferent to the fact that the commander in chief thinks soldiers are chumps for giving their all for their country in acts of sacrificial valor?

My view on this has stayed the same and will not change. trump (small T for lack of respect) may serve another four years because he will steal the election. He is an illegitimate POTUS and a despicable human being. No redeeming qualities. Evil to the core and perhaps that is why his cult loves him so much. Quite frankly, I have written off a family member as well as a few *friends* for defending his hatred, racism and violence.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
My view on this has stayed the same and will not change. trump (small T for lack of respect) may serve another four years because he will steal the election. He is an illegitimate POTUS and a despicable human being. No redeeming qualities. Evil to the core and perhaps that is why his cult loves him so much. Quite frankly, I have written off a family member as well as a few *friends* for defending his hatred, racism and violence.

Mine as well. And yes, he could win again, but I don't want to think about that.

I have friends - and family - I can't talk with about Trump. At all. One phone conversation ended with the other person hanging up after she said Pelosi was a [redacted] and Hillary was a [redacted] and I said Trump was a [redacted] [redacted] and the worst president of my lifetime. We're still on good terms but we can't go there again. Another thinks Covid was manufactured in North Carolina and sold to the Chinese, another thinks Covid is a hoax and masks are an incremental means to control of the masses, a old friend sends emails asking for prayers for Trump so God will protect him, our protection against the Marxists who want to take over the country... and on and on.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mine as well. And yes, he could win again, but I don't want to think about that.

I have friends - and family - I can't talk with about Trump. At all. One phone conversation ended with the other person hanging up after she said Pelosi was a [redacted] and Hillary was a [redacted] and I said Trump was a [redacted] [redacted] and the worst president of my lifetime. We're still on good terms but we can't go there again. Another thinks Covid was manufactured in North Carolina and sold to the Chinese, another thinks Covid is a hoax and masks are an incremental means to control of the masses, a old friend sends emails asking for prayers for Trump so God will protect him, our protection against the Marxists who want to take over the country... and on and on.

Sigh. The Covid ... my first thought was trump had it manufactured as a biological weapon and China was the first country he tested it on ...

I am not convinced that isn’t the case because it is within his dark, evil character to do so ...

Currently the greatest danger to America is ... trump.

ok doser

Please have a friend post a picture of your head exploding when he wins the Nobel Prize :)

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump the un-politician

Donald Trump, either by design or accident, has been able to tap into the discontent held by a sizable minority of Americans that feel that they've been left behind and government no longer represents their best interests!

Unfortunately, this President has only his best interests at heart and that his leadership style is predicated on bringing out the worst, not the best, in American society!

Voting this President out of office doesn't address the underlying cause that put him in the White House - this only serves as a wake-up call that politics as usual has become counterproductive and that the next "Donald Trump" is already just waiting in the wings should they fail!