Trump claimed ex-presidents told him they wanted to build a wall.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Three of them so far, say it’s not true. There are only four living ex-presidents. One WH policy should be "honesty is the best policy."

President Donald Trump claimed without evidence on Friday that past presidents have privately confided to him that they regret not building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

But at least three of the four living U.S. presidents — Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama — did no such thing.

Asked if Clinton told Trump that he should have built a border wall, Clinton spokesman Angel Ureña said, “He did not. In fact, they’ve not talked since the inauguration.”

Bush spokesman Freddy Ford also said the two men had not discussed the matter. And Obama, for his part, has not spoken with Trump since his inauguration, except for a brief exchange at George H.W. Bush’s funeral in Washington, D.C.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/04/trump-former-presidents-border-wall-1082562

Anybody want to bet that when they ask Carter, he won't have talked to Trump either?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
got a quote were he said that Carter agreed with him?

or are you just making things up again?

ok doser

He said four ex-presidents agreed with him.

can you link to a cite that shows him saying that "four ex-presidents agreed with him"?

'cause your politico link sez:
“This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me and they all know it," Trump said. "Some of them have told me that we should have done it.”

"some of them (all of the presidents that preceded me)"

that's very different from what you said

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
In fact, not one ex-president said anything like that to him. He lies about things that he must realize he's going to get caught for.

It seems there's an alternate universe rattling around in his head.

drbrumley

prove that lincoln didn't

prove that eisenhower didn't

prove that wilson didn't

LOL, You picked two of the worst presidents in history..Eisenhower wasn't great, but Lincoln and Wilson..barf

And since Trump must be channeling Lincoln along with others, maybe he can ask him why he hated America so much.

ok doser

Couldn't say I was pointing out the easy ones to eliminate. The others take some research. I rather doubt he ever met Eisenhower but I couldn't rule it out.

i was going with the channeling dead presidents angle, but i betcha he met at least once with Bush 1, Ford, maybe nixon...

Nixon! :banana:
19NIXON-02-TRUMP-facebookJumbo.jpg