True science and true religion agree together.

iouae

I said a truthful answer. Funny that no one on earth..... other than you knows how fast God spread the stars... or, the one way speed of light. Very good... light years has nothing to do with the age of the universe, contrary to what you said before.Nobody said such a thing. What I did say is "It is wrong to try insert secular ideas into God's Word, in your attempts to prove His Word incorrect."

We work with c and the speed of all other waves of the electromagnetic spectrum on a daily basis, and understand how it works just fine. The speed of light and the expansion of the universe hardly would be affected in 6000 years. Thus saying "we don't know" about the more esoteric relativity aspects of light does not hold.

All I have to prove is that over 6000 years light behaves exactly as predicted to prove YEC wrong. And over these time scales, there is virtually no stretching of space-time, according to modern science.

But if you want to say that it all got stretched within 6000 years then things happened in the past vastly different to the expansion of the universe today, which made stretching much faster in the past.

But science says stretching of time-space is accelerating, so it would have been less stretching going on in the past.

iouae

Your post violates the law of excluded middle.

Truth claim: God exist.

That claim is either true or it is false - period.
Clete

Yes, and your argument seems to rely on someone (the atheist's) belief or lack of belief in His existence.

But God exists even before He created man to believe in Him.

Greg Jennings

I'm curious to know whether you realize that the meter is now defined as 1/299,792,458th of the distance that light travels through a vacuum in one second.

So what? You ask!

Well, if the speed of light was actually changing and the meter is defined by the distance light travels in a given period of time (i.e. by the speed of light) then the meter would change with the change in c and thereby maintain the same speed measurement.

So, not only is the second is based on the speed of light, as I mention in a previous post, but also the meter is based on the speed of light. But speed is just a measure of distance over time and so you have the speed of light defined by terms that are themselves defined by the speed of light. The wheels on the bus go round and round!

This sort of circularity is all through physics and is widely known and admitted and no one cares because, once again, everyone "knows" that c is a constant.

It's constant "in a vacuum."

Length does in fact shorten when traveling at very very high speeds (a significant fraction of c), while time dilates. The same effects can be seen in the presence of an immense gravitational field (such as a black hole). This happens due to the fact that space and time and interwoven

Physics truly is a crazy place

iouae

I'm curious to know whether you realize that the meter is now defined as 1/299,792,458th of the distance that light travels through a vacuum in one second.

So what? You ask!

Well, if the speed of light was actually changing and the meter is defined by the distance light travels in a given period of time (i.e. by the speed of light) then the meter would change with the change in c and thereby maintain the same speed measurement.

So, not only is the second is based on the speed of light, as I mention in a previous post, but also the meter is based on the speed of light. But speed is just a measure of distance over time and so you have the speed of light defined by terms that are themselves defined by the speed of light. The wheels on the bus go round and round!

This sort of circularity is all through physics and is widely known and admitted and no one cares because, once again, everyone "knows" that c is a constant.

No one cares either how the meter is defined, because there are thousands of tape-measures around the world that we work with, that do not change, irrespective of the fact that "officially" the m is defined by c.

If memory serves the m or yard used to be defined by a piece of some material kept in some vault at some temperature. It is just more convenient to define it in a way anyone can replicate. c is still a constant and the m is still a constant to all intents and purposes. Only if we apply philosophy and say the universe is expanding, so the m is expanding therefore not constant, do we win philosophy points. But for all intents and purposes, over thousands of years (the length of time man has been on earth) c and m ARE constant.

iouae

What I did say is "It is wrong to try insert secular ideas into God's Word, in your attempts to prove His Word incorrect."

When you look at your evidence, namely the Bible, we know the Bible is true - what we question is your INTERPRETATION of the Bible.

When I started this thread, the sciences I had in mind were the science of cosmology and palaeontology.

The universe does not lie, its our INTERPRETATION of what we see which is in question.
Likewise, the rocks and fossils don't lie. Its our INTERPRETATION of what they are telling us which is in question.

No scientist can speak for the cosmos or the fossils. Their pronouncements are always INTERPRETATIONS.
Likewise, no person can speak for God. They only have their INTERPRETATION of what the Bible is saying.

I am taking all three witnesses, because all three have inherent truth, and trying to come up with a unified INTERPRETATION which does not violate inherent truth.
Science can add to theology, and theology to science. Even God tells us this when He says in Psa 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Yes, and your argument seems to rely on someone (the atheist's) belief or lack of belief in His existence.

But God exists even before He created man to believe in Him.

Well, it doesn't, as I have already addressed more than once, without response from you. I see no reason to repeat it again.

I don't understand people who ignore perfectly valid responses to what are, frankly, half baked objections. What exactly is the point? What possible motive could there be to reject these ideas and don a shield of Teflon around your mind against the rebuttal of any objection you can dream up, ignoring it as though it was never presented. I really just don't get it.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It's constant "in a vacuum."
It's supposedly constant given any medium. That is, it goes at a different speed through water than it does a vacuum but it always goes the exact same speed through water, given the same conditions. It always moves through whatever medium it is going through at the fastest possible rate.

Length does in fact shorten when traveling at very very high speeds (a significant fraction of c), while time dilates. The same effects can be seen in the presence of an immense gravitational field (such as a black hole). This happens due to the fact that space and time and interwoven

Physics truly is a crazy place
Relativistic contraction is not what I'm referring too.
The meter is officially defined as 1/299,792,458th of the distance that light travels through a vacuum in one second. If tomorrow, the speed of light was traveling 1% faster than it is today, the meter would officially become 1% longer.

Or would it?

The second is defined as a specific number of oscillations of Cesium 133, a process that is mathematically dependent on the value of c. If the speed of light is 1% faster, then the processes that dictate the rate that Cesium 133 oscillates would also increase by 1%, thereby shortening the second and off setting the extra speed of light in the measurement of the meter and therefore the measurement of the speed of light.

The point here is that if you are using clocks and measuring sticks that are defined by the speed of light, you can't detect any changes in the speed of light with them because the speed measurement is always going to come out the same whether the speed is actually constant or not. They have built the constancy of the speed of light into the measurement. And, once again, this circularity is known, understood and fully acknowledged and no one in the scientific community at large cares because everyone "knows" that the speed of light it constant. Indeed, it is because of their confidence that it is a constant that they decided to alter the official definitions of these units of measure.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No one cares either how the meter is defined, because there are thousands of tape-measures around the world that we work with, that do not change, irrespective of the fact that "officially" the m is defined by c.
The problem with this silly objection is that they do not use manufactured meter sticks to measure the speed of light and, as I explain in the post just prior to this one, the second would speed up or slow down along with the speed of light and so the difference in distance that light traveled would be off set by the measured duration of the time it took to make the trip. The distance/time measurement would therefore be the same whether light speed was actually constant or not.

If memory serves the m or yard used to be defined by a piece of some material kept in some vault at some temperature. It is just more convenient to define it in a way anyone can replicate. c is still a constant and the m is still a constant to all intents and purposes. Only if we apply philosophy and say the universe is expanding, so the m is expanding therefore not constant, do we win philosophy points. But for all intents and purposes, over thousands of years (the length of time man has been on earth) c and m ARE constant.
For all intent and purposes?

Really?

Every scientist in existence would laugh you out of the room for making such a comment. When scientist say that c is constant, they are not talking about "for all practical purposes" or anything like that. When they say that c is constant, they mean precisely that.

And I'm not even arguing here that it isn't constant. I'm simply informing you that if it weren't constant, they'd never know it now because they've built the constancy of c into the measurement. And yes, there are sets of physical standard meters kept in various places around the world but those standard meters are created using light. It's official value is not defined by these physical standard meter sticks. The meter's official value is EXACTLY 1/299,792,458 of the distance light travels through a vacuum in one second and any physical standard meter, if found to be different than that length, will be tossed and replaced with a new one - which does happen from time to time, by the way.

Clete

iouae

Well, it doesn't, as I have already addressed more than once, without response from you. I see no reason to repeat it again.

I don't understand people who ignore perfectly valid responses to what are, frankly, half baked objections. What exactly is the point? What possible motive could there be to reject these ideas and don a shield of Teflon around your mind against the rebuttal of any objection you can dream up, ignoring it as though it was never presented. I really just don't get it.

Clete

I tried my hardest to understand your argument but my "Teflon mind" just does not get philosophical arguments such as yours. Maybe everyone else reading it finds it irresistible.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
When you look at your evidence, namely the Bible, we know the Bible is true - what we question is your INTERPRETATION of the Bible.

When I started this thread, the sciences I had in mind were the science of cosmology and palaeontology.

The universe does not lie, its our INTERPRETATION of what we see which is in question.
Likewise, the rocks and fossils don't lie. Its our INTERPRETATION of what they are telling us which is in question.

No scientist can speak for the cosmos or the fossils. Their pronouncements are always INTERPRETATIONS.
Likewise, no person can speak for God. They only have their INTERPRETATION of what the Bible is saying.

I am taking all three witnesses, because all three have inherent truth, and trying to come up with a unified INTERPRETATION which does not violate inherent truth.
Science can add to theology, and theology to science. Even God tells us this when He says in Psa 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
The point I've been making this whole time is that these interpretations you refer too are directly dependent on one's paradigm and that people with an atheistic paradigm, even if they are not actual atheists, will consistently interpret data in a manner that leaves God out of the picture and the theist will do the reverse. The two are NOT compatible! Any agreement or even similarity in their conclusions is accidental, except when and to the extent that the atheist is borrowing from the theistic worldview in order to do his science.

You, however, seem to prefer to trust the atheistic interpretation over the clear teaching of God's word. You assume that the text of scripture means something other than what it seems to say for no reason at all other than the interpretation of scientific data that atheists have made. But I have news for you! You cannot do that and maintain anything that resembles a rational worldview. Words do indeed have a range of meaning and the same words can be used to convey several potential meanings but that does not mean that language is so plastic that you can rightly make it mean anything you want based on any premise you dare to dream up. It is the context of what is being said as well as the rules of grammar and syntax that determine the meaning of the text, not your cosmological paradigm. What you are doing with scripture renders the whole idea of divine inspiration utterly meaningless because the text can be made to say anything at all.

Clete

iouae

The problem with this silly objection is that they do not use manufactured meter sticks to measure the speed of light and, as I explain in the post just prior to this one, the second would speed up or slow down along with the speed of light and so the difference in distance that light traveled would be off set by the measured duration of the time it took to make the trip. The distance/time measurement would therefore be the same whether light speed was actually constant or not.

For all intent and purposes?

Really?

Every scientist in existence would laugh you out of the room for making such a comment. When scientist say that c is constant, they are not talking about "for all practical purposes" or anything like that. When they say that c is constant, they mean precisely that.

And I'm not even arguing here that it isn't constant. I'm simply informing you that if it weren't constant, they'd never know it now because they've built the constancy of c into the measurement. And yes, there are sets of physical standard meters kept in various places around the world but those standard meters are created using light. It's official value is not defined by these physical standard meter sticks. The meter's official value is EXACTLY 1/299,792,458 of the distance light travels through a vacuum in one second and any physical standard meter, if found to be different than that length, will be tossed and replaced with a new one - which does happen from time to time, by the way.

Clete

Newtonian physics is used in everyday use. It is perfect to all intents and purposes.
But sometimes one uses relativity or quantum physics under extremely small, big, or fast conditions.

6days

When
A fool suggests absolute truth can not be known. It also is foolish to suggest secular interpretations of fossils, distant starlight etc are as valid as interpretations of God's Word. Jesus often referred to scripture as a source of absolute truth. As Jesus said in Jn 5:47 "But since you don't believe what (Moses) wrote, how will you believe what I say?"
Jesus referred often to various scripture as absolute truth (it is written). He referred more often to what Moses wrote than any other Book. The reason Jesus referred to Genesis as literal history is that the Gospel is dependent on a literal first Adam, and first sin. The cross becomes meaningless when you reject the literal history of Genesis, and the genealogies from first Adam to Last Adam.

iouae

What you are doing with scripture renders the whole idea of divine inspiration utterly meaningless because the text can be made to say anything at all.

Clete

You will be amazed what scripture can say. For instance...

Gen 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Change "was" to "became" as the NIV allows, and as the Hebrew allows, and now you have an earth which became this formless and void way, instead of God creating a messed up formless and void world which He then has to repair.

And if the earth became this way, it allows science to tell us how far back the universe came into being.

You are wrong that there is a correct translation of the Bible. Genesis 1:1 actually reads "In beginning, Gods created the heavens and the earth".

No "the". (no definite article in Hebrew "hey")
Gods, not God. (Elohim)
Heavens not heaven.(shamayim)
"Earth" could also mean "land".(eretz)
"in" could also be translated "To begin" or another preposition.

So here are 5 possibilities the translators had to grapple with in the first verse alone.

iouae

A fool suggests absolute truth can not be known. It also is foolish to suggest secular interpretations of fossils, distant starlight etc are as valid as interpretations of God's Word. Jesus often referred to scripture as a source of absolute truth. As Jesus said in Jn 5:47 "But since you don't believe what (Moses) wrote, how will you believe what I say?"
Jesus referred often to various scripture as absolute truth (it is written). He referred more often to what Moses wrote than any other Book. The reason Jesus referred to Genesis as literal history is that the Gospel is dependent on a literal first Adam, and first sin. The cross becomes meaningless when you reject the literal history of Genesis, and the genealogies from first Adam to Last Adam.

If I was arguing with Jesus on TOL, I would defer to his interpretation of scripture as "absolute truth".
Sorry if it offends you that I don't accept your INTERPRETATION of scripture as anything more than opinion.

And which chapter and verse is your opening sentence "A fool suggests absolute truth can not be known".
That again is your opinion, and it comes across that you believe that what you write is absolute truth.

Science is more honest to call their beliefs a "working hypothesis" to be rejected if proven false.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I tried my hardest to understand your argument but my "Teflon mind" just does not get philosophical arguments such as yours. Maybe everyone else reading it finds it irresistible.

The entire point of your thread is entirely philosophical!

You are on a THEOLOGY forum! You do understand that theology is just one branch of philosophy - right?

Besides, there's nothing I've said that very difficult to understand. It isn't that you aren't getting it, it's that you are rejecting it.

What I don't get is why! I'd bet that you don't get why either!

Look, the only good reason to be here, spending the ridiculous amount of time it takes to participate in these forums is to THINK and thereby better understand what YOU believe and why. Most people never ever do any real thinking. The closest the average person comes to thinking is to stare into the distance with a thoughtful look on their face while nothing is really going on underneath their hat. They move through their lives reacting to what people say and to the things that happen to them. Thinking takes real effort that most are simply unwilling to muster. It seems to me that you are reacting to my arguments rather than actually thinking them through. I've been doing this for a very long time and I assure you that I am not wasting your time with frivolous nonsense. It is well worth your time to study and understand the things I'm exposing you to.

Perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe you just don't get it but you wouldn't be here in the first place if it were actually beyond you. I urge you not to drop it. You are making a serious mistake that will, at best, retard your spiritual growth of understanding of God and His word and, at worst, it will shipwreck your faith entirely. You are juggling torches on a ship full of gun powder - philosophically speaking, of course.

Clete

6days

I don't accept your INTERPRETATION of scripture as anything more than opinion.
Jesus said He is the only way... It is an absolute truth.
Likewise Scripture tells us that in six days of created the heavens and the earth and everything in them...It is an absolute truth

And which chapter and verse is your opening sentence "A fool suggests absolute truth can not be known".
Jesus claimed He was absolute truth. Jn 14:6 A fool would suggest that His statement allows for interpretation and other ways to God. We can know absolute truth.
Science is more honest to call their beliefs a "working hypothesis"
I understand what I think you are saying, but science does not have beliefs... and science is neither honest, nor dishonest. (I think you meant to use the word scientists?) Evolutionists however are often trying to sell their beliefs, not as a 'working hypothesis', but instead as facts.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
iouae,

Something just occurred to me while I was proof reading that last post. I can remember clearly when I was first exposed to the TAG argument that I didn't get it either - although for an entirely different reason.

I think it would be worth your time to read through my exchange with Hilston in this thread...

theologyonline.com/showthread.php?17275-ARCHIVE-Presuppositionalism-What-and-Why

The whole thread is worth reading but if all you do is read my posts and the quotations therein, that'll save you time and still get the gist of the thread across.

iouae

The atheistic worldview is predicated on the idea that nothing is to be taken by faith.

Clete, you do go on so, so I decided to hold nothing back and tell you what I really think of your philosophy.

Opening sentence utter bunkum. Science has faith in its methodologies, beliefs, truths, ways of finding truth out.

This is their most fundamental philosophical pillar.

Rubbish. Relativity, quantum physics, cosmology, evolution - all rely on a type of "faith" or belief system not unlike religions. And they have many pillars such as reason, observation, hypothesis, experimentation, blind tests, stats. How can you decide what is their main pillar?

Everything they do, think or say is built on the idea that the veracity of every claim must and can only be established by logic and reason.

This is maybe what science in Socrates day was based on, but now we have observation, instruments like telescopes and microscopes. Of course reason is important to everything from religion to marriage, including science. Many hypotheses are based on hunches.

They do, however, find themselves perched on the horns of a dilemma whenever anyone asks them to establish the veracity of reason itself.

No they don't. They are scientists, not philosophers. Most are taught methodologies.
Reason is common to all humans, and human activities. They don't have to justify reason any more than they justify direct observation, or hypotheses based on hunches.

They can say that logic is axiomatic, which is what they almost always do, but this is the equivalent to being a presuppositionalist in that they are taking the veracity of logic on faith, which is antithetical to their worldview.
Utterly wrong, because of the wrongness of your opening statement, that science is devoid of faith. Nobody can function for a minute awake and doing anything, without faith. Name any human activity, and I will tell you the faith involved. Typing, I have faith my computer will not crash, that when I press send, it will go, that this post may be worth the time it took to type it.

The other option is to attempt to make some sort of argument that defends the veracity of logic.
Wrong, because scientists as a rule take logic for granted, and don't take courses in it, yet win Nobel prises with no courses in logic.

This is question begging, since any argument presupposes the veracity of logic and therefore assumes what they are trying to prove.
Life presupposes the veracity of many things, including that the earth will not just randomly open up and swallow us.

They are forced to either break the laws of reason or else take the veracity of reason on faith.
Or not bother to think of it at all, while they think up ways of making this a better world, by inventing the internet, or devising drought-resistant plants.

They thereby undermine their own worldview every time they make a truth claim or, for that matter, every time they utter an intelligible word. The atheist is therefore FORCED to violate his own worldview at every turn.

Nobody can speak for all science, and there are as many worldview as there are world viewers.

The atheistic worldview is therefore false.

All worldview are false, because such a thing as a worldview is a construct of the mind, and "the heart is deceitful above all things".

Therefore, God must exist because of the rational impossibility of the contrary.

What a long leap off a short pier.
God must exist because of the rational impossibility of the contrary.
You have not brought up God before, so there is no "contrary".
And nothing exists because anyone thinks something.

This supposed proof is a sentence which sits in thin air with no logic to support it. Especially because you never mentioned God before, and because before you were talking about atheistic worldviews which, just because they are wrong, does not prove anything right. One can be wrong in a million ways and this does not make even the opposite worldview correct. And to conjure up God and pop Him into the conversation randomly, and say because atheists think wrong, God must exist - its delusional, irrational, illogical and crazy.

That is a brief presentation of the Transcendental Argument for the existence of God (TAG for short). It is one way of communicating the fact that all truth is predicated on, not just the existence of God, but on God Himself. God must be presupposed in order for reason to work.

Its a terrible argument, because I see no connection between reason and God.

Now that doesn't get you all the way to Christianity since Christianity is only one of thousands of theistic worldviews but establishing Christianity would be far outside the bounds of what I'm trying to establish in this thread. It would, however, be worth my time, I think, to point out that the God of the Bible, and Jesus in particular, is presented to us as Reason incarnate. Note the following passage from the first chapter of John's Gospel...

Again, nuts. Christ is God incarnate. Yes, God uses reason, as we do. Even my cat reasons how to catch that mouse.

John1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.​

In this passage, everywhere you see the phrase, "the Word" the Greek word being used is "Logos". It is important to understand what this Greek word means because the use of "Word" as an English translation just doesn't convey what this passage is teaching. Logos conveys the idea of communication or more specifically, discourse and more specifically than that, rational discourse and/or rational argument. It is the word from which we get the suffix "-ology", as in Biology, Theology, Technology, Climatology, Cosmology, etc. So, the study of living things is "Biology" and the processes in a living creature are said to be biological. Notice bio-LOGICAL. To apply logic to the processes in living things, and thus to understand them, is biology, it is the logos of life. This is the meaning conveyed by "Logos".

So now, with this better understanding of the Greek, lets look at this passage again...

John 1:1 In the beginning was Logic, and Logic was with God, and Logic was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And Logic became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.​

And folks accuse me of loose interpretation of scripture. At least I look up what "logos" means and "logic" is not on the translators list of choices for the word.

Now, to be clear, I should point out that I do not worship logic except in the specific sense present above.

You sure bang on about it though.

The bible repeatedly tells us that God is Love and no one has any problem with accepting that notion and no one is every accused of worshiping love except in the sense that God is Love and we do worship God. In the same sense that God is Love, God is also Logic and I worship Him as such. I do not worship the process of right thinking, I worship Him from whom that process emanates and derives its meaning and veracity.

For this reason, and several others, Christianity is not only a rational worldview, it is the only rational worldview.

By the illogicality of that last sentence, you have just proved an example to the contrary.

That is not to say that everything claimed by unbelievers is false.

Don't be too nice to the pagan unbelievers now.

If the God of the bible is Reason, then the closer an unbeliever comes to having reason as his foundation and the more consistently he uses logic correctly, the closer his conclusions will come to the truth and the more in agreement his "true science" will be with "true religion".

And here we are on this thread proving the exact opposite.

The problem is, as I've been attempting to show you here in this thread, they neither have reason as their foundation nor do they use logic consistently. Their paradigm steers them away from the truth because they, in spite of their claims to the contrary, do not merely reject God's existence. On the contrary, they despise the very idea of God and are enemies of those who believe in God, most especially Christians. You would be wise to count them as the enemies that they are.

I try to love my enemies. But unbelievers are not automatically my enemies. And scientists don't burn fellow scientists at the stake, or act intolerant of Christians or those with contrary worldviews.

Resting in Him,
Clete

iouae

iouae,

Something just occurred to me while I was proof reading that last post. I can remember clearly when I was first exposed to the TAG argument that I didn't get it either - although for an entirely different reason.

I think it would be worth your time to read through my exchange with Hilston in this thread...

theologyonline.com/showthread.php?17275-ARCHIVE-Presuppositionalism-What-and-Why

The whole thread is worth reading but if all you do is read my posts and the quotations therein, that'll save you time and still get the gist of the thread across.

Clete I have just spent time refuting what you now call your incomplete argument.

You summarise the argument in a few lines, and I will look at it. But you need to do the work of getting it straight and presenting it concisely.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete I have just spent time refuting what you now call your incomplete argument.

You summarise the argument in a few lines, and I will look at it. But you need to do the work of getting it straight and presenting it concisely.

Don't bother. I was wrong. It is beyond you. I won't waste any more of my time with you. Good bye.