Trinity Proof Scriptures

john w

Hall of Fame
Again...

Isaiah 28 KJV
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept;line upon line, line upon line;here a little, and there a little:11 for with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. 12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. 13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;that they might go, and fall backward,

Matthew 11 KJV

15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Genesis 1 KJV

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 3 KJV

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Genesis 11 KJV

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.

Isaiah 6 KJV
1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts:the whole earth is full of his glory.4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts. 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 and he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Three

Genesis 18 KJV

1 And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 and he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 and said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: 4 let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 5 and I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. 6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. 7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. 8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. 10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. 11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. 12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? 13 And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? 14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. 15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.

16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. 17 And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; 18 seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? 19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. 20 And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; 21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. 22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the Lord.23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? 24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein? 25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? 26 And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes. 27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes: 28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it. 29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty’s sake. 30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there. 31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty’s sake. 32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten’s sake. 33 And the Lord went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

Numbers 6 KJV

24 The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: 25 the Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 the Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. 27 And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Isaiah 48 KJV

16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this;I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Isaiah 11 KJV

2 and the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him,the spirit of wisdom and understanding,the spirit of counsel and might,the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

Isaiah 61 KJV

1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me;because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,to proclaim liberty to the captives,and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isaiah 63 KJV

7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord,and the praises of the Lord,according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us,and the great goodness toward the house of Israel,which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies,and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.8 For he said, Surely they are my people,children that will not lie:so he was their Saviour.9 In all their affliction he was afflicted,and the angel of his presence saved them:in his love and in his pity he redeemed them;and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit:therefore he was turned to be their enemy,and he fought against them.

Zechariah 12 KJV

1The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. 2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. 4 In that day, saith the Lord, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. 5 And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the Lord of hosts their God.

6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. 7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. 8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. 11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Matthew 28 KJV

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

John 14 KJV

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14 KJV

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Romans 8 KJV

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Ephesians 2 KJV

18 for through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Ephesians 4 KJV

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

2 Corinthians 13 KJV

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Hebrews 9 KJV

14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1 John 5 KJV

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

2 Corinthians 6 KJV 16 and what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people/Colossians 1 KJV . 27 to whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: /1 Corinthians 6 KJV 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Ephesians 2 KJV5 even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)/ John 5 KJV 21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. /Romans 8 KJV 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

clefty

Sit down until someone calls on you.

Sit?

Speaking of...I know where the Almighty sits...and I know where the Lamb sits...but well...its a two seater throne...no seat for the Holy Spirit person? So he has to stand? That is not very equal is it?

Dartman

So, in other words, you are admitting you were poisoning the well?
Not at all. You are defending the trinity, If you DISAGREE with the trinity, then please let us know.

JR said:
You didn't even read the rest of my post, did you?
Of course I did. Like this post, much of it was merely argumentative, and not contributing to the main topic at all. I will CONTINUE to leave those sections out.
JR said:
Repeatedly asserting your argument is a fallacy.
Then please stop.

JR said:
You need to provide evidence to back up your claims.
I have. You resort to the "black knight" defense .... "it's only a flesh wound"... pretending that blatant denial is sufficient evidence.

JR said:
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. - Matthew 28:19-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew28:19-20&version=NKJV

There is ONE NAME by which the disciples are to baptise.
There are THREE PERSONS in that one name.
Nope, there are two beings, and one attribute of Jehovah/YHVH God..... His spirit. All three play a significant role in Scripture.
You are reading into the text a huge amount of your own opinion.

JR said:
LOGOS (Greek: λογος) is the Greek word that means:

Strong's g3056

- Lexical: λόγος
- Transliteration: logos
- Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
- Phonetic Spelling: log'-os
- Definition: a word, speech, divine utterance, analogy.
- Origin: From lego; something said (including the thought); by implication, a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, (with the article in John) the Divine Expression (i.e. Christ).
- Usage: account, cause, communication, X concerning, doctrine, fame, X have to do, intent, matter, mouth, preaching, question, reason, + reckon, remove, say(-ing), shew, X speaker, speech, talk, thing, + none of these things move me, tidings, treatise, utterance, word, work.
- Translated as (count): word (177), words (53), account (9), saying (9), a word (8), speech (8), message (6), statement (5), report (4), talk (4), thing (4), in word (3), matter (3), of word (3), an account (2), by a word (2), by word (2), in talk (2), reason (2), a matter (1), a reason (1), accounts (1), an appearance (1), by words (1), commandment (1), his words (1), in speech (1), in words (1), instruction (1), of speech (1), of words (1), on account (1), one thing (1), remark (1), sayings (1), sentence (1), speaker (1), teaching (1), the matter (1), the word (1), things (1), utterance (1), what he says (1), with talk (1), with words (1).

Yes, much of this is accurate, and some is bias, as demonstrated by a good examination of Scripture.

Again, here is the bottom line.
There isn't a single Scripture that ACTUALLY STATES, EXPLAINS OR PREACHES trinity or oneness.

EVERY passage the trinitarians/oneness believers quote is merely worded in such a way that they can POSSIBLY support an INTERPRETATION of the text supportive of their doctrine.

The very notion of "three persons in one being" doesn't match Scripture, or God's Creation. If we didn't have 18 Centuries of brainwashing, the concepts required for this impossible doctrine would be laughed out of existence.

The very notion of "immaterial beings" doesn't match Scripture, or God's Creation. It is a result of Satan's original lie .... "you don't REALLY die".

I have left off some portions of your post that were merely repetitive bluster or false accusations.

Right Divider

Body part
A person lies to a another person and not to "an attribute of God".

Act 5:3-4 KJV But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

genuineoriginal

The doctrine of the trinity is all throughout the Bible.

Like Genesis 1:26.

Did Someone Find the Doctrine of the Trinity In the First Chapter of the Bible? To Whom Was God Speaking When He Said, “Let Us Make Man in Our Image?

he doctrine of the Trinity has no greater foe than the Hebrew Scriptures. It is on the strength of this sacred oracle that the Jew has preserved the concept of One, single, unique Creator God Who alone is worthy of worship. Missionaries undertake an daunting and unholy task as they scour the Jewish Scriptures in search of any text that can be construed as consistent with the doctrine of the Trinity.

No prophet remained silent on the uncompromising radical monotheism demanded by the God of Israel. The Jewish people, therefore, to whom these sublime declarations about the nature of the Almighty were given, knew nothing about a trinity of persons in the godhead.

Because the prophets relayed their divine message on the nature of God with such timeless, transparent, clarity, very few verses in Tanach could be summoned by the Church to corroborate their alien teachings on the doctrine of the Trinity. Understandably, though, the defenders of Christendom parade the few verses that they insist support the notion that there is a plurality in the godhead.

One of the most popular verses used by missionaries as a proof text in support of the doctrine of the Trinity is Genesis 1:26. This verse appears frequently in missionary literature despite of the fact that this argument has been answered countless times throughout the centuries and numerous Christian scholars have long abandoned it.

With limited knowledge of the Jewish Scriptures, missionaries submit the above verse as evidence that there was a plurality in the godhead that participated in creation of our first parent. What other explanation could adequately account for the Torah’s use of the plural pronouns such as “us” and “our” in this verse?

This argument, however, is deeply flawed, and, accordingly, a great number of Trinitarian theologians have long rejected the notion that Genesis 1:26 implies a plurality of persons in the godhead. Rather, Christian scholars overwhelmingly agree that the plural pronoun in this verse is a reference to God’s ministering angels who were created previously, and the Almighty spoke majestically in the plural, consulting His heavenly court.

genuineoriginal

Please teach us about posting cute troll pics, since you are a lead troll-ette? Please?

trolls_and_dwarves.jpg

So there.

Get saved.
:troll:

genuineoriginal

Translation: When you discover objective truth, determines if it is, in fact, objective truth.

Thus, this drone "argues" that the earth is flat, and Christianity is false, as both "beliefs" are relatively "recent."

No, troll-ette, belief does not alter verity,neither does it change falsehood;truth goes on eternally, whether anyone believes it, and whether anyone discovers it.Faith trusts the truth-it does not determine it.

Can you dig it? Rhetorical q.

Thank you for your continued "no show" contribution to the world.

Sit, please.
:troll:

Right Divider

Body part

Did Someone Find the Doctrine of the Trinity In the First Chapter of the Bible? To Whom Was God Speaking When He Said, “Let Us Make Man in Our Image?

he doctrine of the Trinity has no greater foe than the Hebrew Scriptures. It is on the strength of this sacred oracle that the Jew has preserved the concept of One, single, unique Creator God Who alone is worthy of worship. Missionaries undertake an daunting and unholy task as they scour the Jewish Scriptures in search of any text that can be construed as consistent with the doctrine of the Trinity.

No prophet remained silent on the uncompromising radical monotheism demanded by the God of Israel. The Jewish people, therefore, to whom these sublime declarations about the nature of the Almighty were given, knew nothing about a trinity of persons in the godhead.

Because the prophets relayed their divine message on the nature of God with such timeless, transparent, clarity, very few verses in Tanach could be summoned by the Church to corroborate their alien teachings on the doctrine of the Trinity. Understandably, though, the defenders of Christendom parade the few verses that they insist support the notion that there is a plurality in the godhead.

One of the most popular verses used by missionaries as a proof text in support of the doctrine of the Trinity is Genesis 1:26. This verse appears frequently in missionary literature despite of the fact that this argument has been answered countless times throughout the centuries and numerous Christian scholars have long abandoned it.

With limited knowledge of the Jewish Scriptures, missionaries submit the above verse as evidence that there was a plurality in the godhead that participated in creation of our first parent. What other explanation could adequately account for the Torah’s use of the plural pronouns such as “us” and “our” in this verse?

This argument, however, is deeply flawed, and, accordingly, a great number of Trinitarian theologians have long rejected the notion that Genesis 1:26 implies a plurality of persons in the godhead. Rather, Christian scholars overwhelmingly agree that the plural pronoun in this verse is a reference to God’s ministering angels who were created previously, and the Almighty spoke majestically in the plural, consulting His heavenly court.

Your favorite propaganda is just that.

genuineoriginal

Who? :idunno:
Augustine of Hippo is the pagan convert to Christianity who caused the formation of Binitarianism at the First Council of Nicaea (325) to address the question of whether Jesus was the same being as the Father, leading to the persecution of faithful Christians who recognized the Monotheism of the Bible. (Trinitarianism began with the First Council of Constantinople (381)).
I read the Bible. Don't you?
Yes, I read the Bible.
I also diligently search the Bible for more than proof texts to see if the overall witness of the Bible supports the extra-Biblical teachings of the church.
The fact that you believe in Dispensationalism, Pre-Tribulation Rapture, and Trinitarianism shows that your understanding of the Bible comes from extra-Biblical teachings and not from reading the Bible itself.

genuineoriginal

No, YOU do because you refuse to you understand trinitarianism as it's actually taught. Straw arguments are easier for you.
It is too difficult for me to stop believing what the scriptures teach in order to try to understand the claims of trinitarianism.

That, you and I can agree on. Paul never makes believing that Christ was and is God manifest in human flesh to be an element of saving faith in the Gospel.
Yes, we have found something to agree on.
:thumb:

Dartman

A person lies to a another person and not to "an attribute of God".

Act 5:3-4 KJV But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

You know better than this nonsense.
If I trick your mind, I have tricked you. If I deceive your mind, I have deceived you.
If I convert your mind, and correct your thinking, I have converted/corrected you.
Your defense fails.