toldailytopic: Breast cancer and abortion: do you believe there is a connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 4th, 2010 10:13 AM

toldailytopic: Breast cancer and abortion: do you believe there is a connection?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Alate_One

There is no increased risk according to any peer reviewed study. Nor does any major medical body accept that Abortion causes increased breast cancer risk. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to be anti-abortion, anyway.

Granite

Hall of Fame
There is probably no connection.

But preventing abortion and breast cancer are both very worthy causes.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Wasn't there a study that showed the chances of having breast cancer to be greater if one had an abortion? I thought I read something about it.

Connection or not, I think the whole murdering a baby aspect of abortion outweighs any other reason not to have one.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wasn't there a study that showed the chances of having breast cancer to be greater if one had an abortion? I thought I read something about it.

Connection or not, I think the whole murdering a baby aspect of abortion outweighs any other reason not to have one.
There is a wealth of info on the web about the connection.

The connection makes a ton of sense if you think about it... here is an easy to read page that explains why there would be a connection between breast cancer and abortion.

Beatrice

Just to be accurate, it's 'foetus', not baby.

I wasn't aware of a study linking breast cancer to abortion, but I am aware that studies have shown that there are fewer cases of breast cancer in women who have breastfed their children.

nicholsmom

The whole not-having-babies thing adds risk of breast cancer. Having babies and feeding them naturally are both very large risk-reducers for breast cancer, so it follows that NOT having babies and NOT feeding them naturally amounts to increased risk of getting breast cancer.

Thinking about this rationally: things that disrupt the natural use of the human body tend to lead to increased risk of cancer. Cigarette smoking "sedates" the mechanisms in the lungs that clear out smoke and tar; birth control pills hijack the natural cycle of a woman; non-food stuff we eat (chemical preservatives, HFCS, dough "conditioners" in "bread," almost all the ingredients in Twinkies...) confuses the intestine and disrupts digestion and insulin response; etc. Proper and frequent use of body parts diminishes risk of cancer and other diseases: lactating uses the mammary glands and ducts, produces oxytocin (responsible for returning the uterus to it's non-pregnant size and location and aids in human bonding as well as having a calming effect on both mother and child), and speeds, through use, replacement of old tissue with new, reducing the risk for breast cancer; pregnancy uses all sorts of systems and produces all sorts of good-for-mother-and-baby hormones, reducing the risk of breast and cervical cancer; hard exercise uses the cardiovascular system and the musculoskeletal system reducing the chance of heart and lung diseases; weight-bearing exercises compact both muscle and bone, reducing the incidence of arthritis, osteoporosis, and other bone- & muscle-loss-related diseases and conditions; proper use of the digestive system including insulin response and bile production by the regular intake of a balanced diet along with that hard exercise eliminates the occurrence of type 2 diabetes and gall bladder diseases...

It stands to reason that disruptions to the normal operation of the human body will increase risks of all sorts of diseases and injuries. Abortion is a major disruption, I'm thinking.

yeshuaslavejeff

If you're an iceberg, feet us is commonly used (it is SO vulgar, I don't even want to repeat it....
If you're alive, (really really alive), BABY IS THE LIFE AS G_D SAID.

Beatrice

If you're an iceberg, feet us is commonly used (it is SO vulgar, I don't even want to repeat it....
If you're alive, (really really alive), BABY IS THE LIFE AS G_D SAID.

It isn't vulgar, it's a medical term. Using medical terms does not preclude one from feeling love for one's own baby, of course, or love for all life (I've often wondered how staunch anti-abortionists square this position with eating the flesh of animals, but that's an aside). To get back to the point about abortion, I think those women who choose to terminate their pregnancies, for whatever reasons, within the legal limit, are quite entitled to do so and that I am in no position to judge them. Of course, I am speaking from the UK, so the cultural divide might, I suspect, be wide open on this particular topic!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whatever the link between cancer and abortion, there is no way an abortion could be good for the baby.

It would not be any surprise to find that there are numerous and severe complications that arise for the mother from murdering her child while it lives inside her. Like NM said.

It would also come as no surprise if the study into such consequences is severely limited and largely ignored.

Beatrice

Whatever the link between cancer and abortion, there is no way an abortion could be good for the baby.

It would not be any surprise to find that there are numerous and severe complications that arise for the mother from murdering her child while it lives inside her. Like NM said.

It would also come as no surprise if the study into such consequences is severely limited and largely ignored.

Again, here we can see the use of imprecise language in order to elicit an emotional response. A mother does not 'murder' her child since 'murder' is unlawful killing. Since abortion is legal (within a limited timespan) then a legal abortion cannot be simultaneously within the law and unlawful. This is why it is misleading to refer to it as 'murder'.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Again, here we can see the use of imprecise language in order to elicit an emotional response. A mother does not 'murder' her child since 'murder' is unlawful killing. Since abortion is legal (within a limited timespan) then a legal abortion cannot be simultaneously within the law and unlawful. This is why it is misleading to refer to it as 'murder'.

Again we see the use of technicalities to cauterise the raw truth. When it was lawful to own black people and exterminate Jews, it was still murder and kidnapping.

The only people who find the term murder "misleading" are people who condone murder.

Abortion deliberately ends the life of an innocent human being. If that is not murder, then nothing is.

King Ogre

Again we see the use of technicalities to cauterise the raw truth. When it was lawful to own black people and exterminate Jews, it was still murder and kidnapping.

The only people who find the term murder "misleading" are people who condone murder.

Abortion deliberately ends the life of an innocent human being. If that is not murder, then nothing is.

This!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If there is an increased risk of breast cancer in women who have abortions (which certainly seems to be the case), shouldn't women be told?

And furthermore... why would the Susan G. Komen foundation support Planned Parenthood financially?

One would think that women that are seeking information on breast cancer risks would be given all available information. Why would the Susan G. Komen foundation be donating massive amounts of money to an organization that actually helps cause breast cancer in women?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Okay, so let's get more specific. Is abortion used to INTENTIONALLY kill an unborn baby?

We all *get* that abortion is LEGAL and thus not LEGALLY murder. However, an unborn baby is still intentionally slaughtered in the womb by their own mother.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If there is an increased risk of breast cancer in women who have abortions (which certainly seems to be the case), shouldn't women be told?

And furthermore... why would the Susan G. Komen foundation support Planned Parenthood financially?

One would think that women that are seeking information on breast cancer risks would be given all available information. Why would the Susan G. Komen foundation be donating massive amounts of money to an organization that actually helps cause breast cancer in women?

Abortion is a big money-winner for someone. Can't have too much bad PR, can they?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Abortion is a big money-winner for someone. Can't have too much bad PR, can they?
Breast cancer is also big money.

Kind of makes you suspicious that the largest Breast Cancer foundation supports the largest abortion provider. :think:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Breast cancer is also big money. Kind of makes you suspicious that the largest Breast Cancer foundation supports the largest abortion provider. :think:

:shocked:

I think I skimmed that 'little detail'.

:CRASH: Abortion enablers.

Status
Not open for further replies.