TOL Open View Poll-For OV only

• I'm not OV [for those who can't read instructions]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Since Lon seemed incapable of wording his poll without creating false dichotomies I now present a definitive poll to answer those who disbelieve my view on certain aspects is in the majority here at TOL.

This poll is intended for OV only to vote.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
God knows reality as it is. If it is knowable, then an omniscient God must know it. Satan, men, cameras, etc. cannot know things that God does not know. He is not ignorant of anything knowable.

The reason God does not know all things exhaustively is that some things are inherently unknowable. The future is correctly known as possible vs actual, for e.g. The reason it is not knowable does relate to God choosing to not know something. By creating free moral agents rather than a deterministic universe, the logical outcome is that exhaustive definite foreknowledge is not possible with libertarian free will.

LH and others are not just saying the above, but going to a place few academic Open Theists would. He is saying that there are other knowable things in the past/present (not just future) that God could choose to be ignorant of (even while men and demons know it?!).

This poll may illicit a majority siding with LH (though I could have voted yes based on his wording with the above explanation/qualification, so it may be skewed if someone misunderstands it) on TOL, but if the average non-TOL Open Theist, especially academic ones who are prominent and credible, then he would be in the vast majority.

Besides, we all know the logical fallacies that mitigate against majority or minority being right or wrong. The poll will only reflect a small sample of Enyart influenced types, a tiny subset of those who claim Open Theism beliefs.

Clete and LH are wrong on this one point, but they are vocal.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It seems godrulz is too stupid to realize that this pol is only about TOL, for those who thought the majority of TOL OV disagreed with me.

I am in no way implying that I am in the majority of OV thinkers in general.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It seems godrulz is too stupid to realize that this pol is only about TOL, for those who thought the majority of TOL OV disagreed with me.

I am in no way implying that I am in the majority of OV thinkers in general.

If I was that stupid, I would not have pointed out what you said in your brilliance.

In addition to agreeing with you about TOL poll (original concern from another poster, AMR), I also gave perspective to answer his concerns.

This is somewhat meaningless, since you could do a poll of dispensationalists on TOL and gather eager MAD voters. However, if you polled all dispensationalists worldwide, very few would be MAD.

TOL is a very limited sphere, so what does it prove? You need to remind AMR of what I reminded you/him of here. This does not make me stupid (I knew your intent), but more inclusive/balanced/wise.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If I was that stupid, I would not have pointed out what you said in your brilliance.

In addition to agreeing with you about TOL poll (original concern from another poster, AMR), I also gave perspective to answer his concerns.

This is somewhat meaningless, since you could do a poll of dispensationalists on TOL and gather eager MAD voters. However, if you polled all dispensationalists worldwide, very few would be MAD.

TOL is a very limited sphere, so what does it prove? You need to remind AMR of what I reminded you/him of here. This does not make me stupid (I knew your intent), but more inclusive/balanced/wise.
He knows my intent, unless he's a complete idiot, as we discussed it before I posted this.

glorydaz

Since Lon seemed incapable of wording his poll without creating false dichotomies I now present a definitive poll to answer those who disbelieve my view on certain aspects is in the majority here at TOL.

This poll is intended for OV only to vote.

Oops. I voted yes according to your question, but I don't have any idea if I qualify as OV or not. I hope I didn't skew your poll. :idunno: