ECT Today's Cheep Shot

whitestone

It was prob written a bit after 72 when things had settled down. The purpose was to fortify Christians who had gone through the destruction of so many things they had grown up in and to see that the church was the bride with people from all nations, and full of a new glory.

the one that is in the pit in 17:8,,,is it the one mentioned in 13:3 and 13:12?,,,

Right Divider

Body part
It was prob written a bit after 72 when things had settled down. The purpose was to fortify Christians who had gone through the destruction of so many things they had grown up in and to see that the church was the bride with people from all nations, and full of a new glory.
You are such a story teller (fairy tales).

whitestone

awww come on nobody thinks God wouldn't warn everyone to not receive the mark or face the wrath two years after the fact?

DAN P

Not very Acts 17:11-12 of you.

How the Spirit works changed this side of that which is perfect.

It is why you end up having to resort to Greek dictionaries, etc.

In short, you are holding a Charismatic view you would do well to examine.

Mad is about being consistent...

Hi and what scriptures were in Thessalonica , daily Examining ??

It seem , they did not use GUT FEELINGS , DO YOU THINK ?

And 2 Tim 2:15 was not yet written !!

DAN P

Danoh

Hi and what scriptures were in Thessalonica , daily Examining ??

It seem , they did not use GUT FEELINGS , DO YOU THINK ?

And 2 Tim 2:15 was not yet written !!

DAN P

Whether I have properly searched the Scriptures daily as to the answer to your question to me about the Thessalonians, and that only after I have, first of all, received with all readiness of mind the assertion implied by your question...

Or whether I have been doing so at some point prior to your question to me, then my inward man has the answer to your question via our God given faculties in Adam - logic and intuition - when applied in light of Scripture, not in light of our own notions.

If I have allowed these principles to guide my understanding; then my answer to your question is the OT, as Acts 17 relates that Paul's pattern had been to reason from the Scriptures that Jesus had been very (had truly been) Christ, and that was OT based, at that point.

At the same time; per the Scripture that Paul himself later than wrote to them; it is evident to me he had taught them many Body truths unique to Paul's God given grace on those subjects.

As for your comment about gut feelings...

Our sense of perception of things via our God given abilities in Adam - the abilities of logic and intuition - were NOT meant to function outside of their being informed by and thus operating from "Nevertheless, what saith the Scripture?"

That you gainsay this princiole of how logic and intuition were meant to function; only reveals (informs my logic and intuition to the obvious) that you are operating from a logic and intuition that is not informed by the Scripture on this issue.

And that you are doing so because it was either never brought to your attention til now; or you are now at a place where you are no longer able to receive a thing with all readiness of mind that does not fit where you look at things from.

I hope I never have that problem.

And I work towards not having it.

And I hope I remain ever able to first actually receive a thing with all readiness of mind no matter how odd sounding; that only then might I study it in Scripture, not in a rush to prove someone wrong - exclamatiom point - but towards examing its' merit in light of Scripture, before allowing myself to conclude on it.

And that even after that, I keep an open mind.

I do not see that in some Mads on TOL.

I do not see that...in you.

Both you and such...are too often about your way, or the highway.

You conclude you are right on a thing in your own mind and that anyone who says different is an enemy of the so called truth you and your kind so often so one-sidedly conclude is what's what.

Towards avoiding each your mess; I shall continue to thumbs up those posts I find sound per my above - no matter the particular poster's overall doctrine, and or no matter what ever their fool issues might be at a personal level.

All nonsense - perceived as such or actual - should nevertheless ever be perceived by individual proclaming the gospel of the grace of God, as an opportunity to apply grace to the problem.

For we have not so learned Christ...if so be that we have been taught by Him...as some Mads so often assert...in word only...

DAN P

Danoh;4813350s. If I have allowed these principles to guide my understanding; then my answer to your question is the OT said:
Hi and Acts 17 makes my point and you have taken a GUT FEELING and many have taken 2 Tim 2:15 !!

I wonder where the bible says A GUT FEELING ??

That is what I mean , for I reason from the scriptures and verses that prove what Paul wrote ONLY , and you do it another way !!

dan p

Danoh

Yeah, okay, DP...

Perhaps some one else will be at a level based on Scripture as to this that will allow them to see what you continue to prove yourself unable to get at the intended sense of for your obvious many years over relying on reaching for a dictionary.

There are only so ways to attempt to communicate to a closed mind that "gut feel" was meant to be based on the result of time in the Scripture.

You see the following from Genesis 3...it failed to operate in accordance with the Scripture, thus, why it failed...

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

You are in poor company on this, bro.

Danoh

In other words, DP, as with most people, you yourself not only rely on the twin faculties of both logic and intuition, but you as with most people, when they do not bother to study out a thing, do not undetstand not only why God gave Adam the twin faculties of logic and intuition, but how they were meant to function in the Believer.

Thus your ignorantly based mocking of what I had attempted share with you of my understanding on that from my time studying it out.

In this, you are too typical of the the Mad - who turns awareness of the liberty in Christ that resulted in the reemergence of Mad; who turns that into the cult like "well, this is new too me; is therefore wrong; my way alone is the highway..."

:doh:

DAN P

In other words, DP, as with most people, you yourself not only rely on the twin faculties of both logic and intuition, but you as with most people, when they do not bother to study out a thing, do not undetstand not only why God gave Adam the twin faculties of logic and intuition, but how they were meant to function in the Believer.

Thus your ignorantly based mocking of what I had attempted share with you of my understanding on that from my time studying it out.

In this, you are too typical of the the Mad - who turns awareness of the liberty in Christ that resulted in the reemergence of Mad; who turns that into the cult like "well, this is new too me; is therefore wrong; my way alone is the highway..."

:doh:

Hi and many put up with my Dispensationalism , BUT I also put up with those who are Left and Right of me !!

I see ypour GUT FEELINGS as guessing , like the Acts 2 and PENTECOSATALS do , so what , so do it your way and I will stick to what the MIND of Christ and what the Holy Spirit reveals to me as I study !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and many put up with my Dispensationalism , BUT I also put up with those who are Left and Right of me !!

I see ypour GUT FEELINGS as guessing , like the Acts 2 and PENTECOSATALS do , so what , so do it your way and I will stick to what the MIND of Christ and what the Holy Spirit reveals to me as I study !!

dan p

What, and let you have all the fun kicking up a fuss over one thing or another, you Brock Jr, you - no go.

I'll have my fun too :chuckle:

DAN P

What, and let you have all the fun kicking up a fuss over one thing or another, you Brock Jr, you - no go.

I'll have my fun too :chuckle:

Hi and my FUN is better than yours !!

Because I give the correct answer , than just a GUT FEELING !!

I hear that 2 ASPIRINS will help your GUT FEELINGS and disease !!

So try 2 Tim 2:15 !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and my FUN is better than yours !!

Because I give the correct answer , than just a GUT FEELING !!

I hear that 2 ASPIRINS will help your GUT FEELINGS and disease !!

So try 2 Tim 2:15 !!

dan p

As I well noted; you just don't know of what I am referring to.

So you ignore Acts 17:11 on this. That much you do...

DAN P

As I well noted; you just don't know of what I am referring to.

So you ignore Acts 17:11 on this. That much you do...

Hi , and explain what I missed in Acts 17:11 AND see from verse 1 that Paul went kinto the Jews Synagogue and verse 2 says it was Paul's custom !!

In verse 11 they were examining the scriptures WHETHER these things were so !!

What things will you say they were ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi , and explain what I missed in Acts 17:11 AND see from verse 1 that Paul went kinto the Jews Synagogue and verse 2 says it was Paul's custom !!

In verse 11 they were examining the scriptures WHETHER these things were so !!

What things will you say they were ??

dan p

I was talking about being a Berean as to what I am asserting about the purpose, and the proper use of, the twin faculties of logic and intuition given us by God in Adam.

DAN P

I was talking about being a Berean as to what I am asserting about the purpose, and the proper use of, the twin faculties of logic and intuition given us by God in Adam.

Hi and you said that I have IGNORED Acts 17:11 and then you IGNORE and say what it means , as the answer is in Acts 17!!

dan p