ECT To whom were the Gospels written ?

dodge

Thanks again for your lying opinion.
Guess who MAD says is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Dodge?
Go ahead, guess.
:popcorn:

J.W's Roman Catholics, Mormons and all cults say the same thing as they marginalize Jesus and follow their different idols.

DAN P

(Luke 1:1-3)

Theophilus is a Greek name, not a Jewish name. If the gospels were only for the Jews, as the hyperdispensationalists claim, why was Luke writing to a Gentile? Furthermore, when was Luke written? It was written after the end of Acts, probably between 60 and 62 A.D. I

Hi and the name THEOPHILUS can be what you want it to be !!

When Paul was already preaching the MYSTERY we that Israel was already being set aside as referenced in 2 Cor 3:13-17 !!

Israel was and Jesus followers were scattered all over the Rom empire as Acts 2:5 has written !!

And I am not HYPER-dispensationalist , and do you know the difference ??

dan p

Danoh

(Luke 1:1-3)

Theophilus is a Greek name, not a Jewish name. If the gospels were only for the Jews, as the hyperdispensationalists claim, why was Luke writing to a Gentile? Furthermore, when was Luke written? It was written after the end of Acts, probably between 60 and 62 A.D. I

What if he had written that to Paul, a Roman name?

The following is from Acts 18, alone.

What if Luke had written "Luke" to...

Aquila, and Priscilla; two Jews with Greek names?

Or to Crispin, a Jew with a Greek name who was ruler of a synagogue?

Or to Apollos, the Jew with a Greek name whom Aquila and Priscilla had been able to bring up to date on his understanding of some distinctions between some thing's because he had actually heard them out?

Again, you only prove there is a difference between believing one passage or another, and having actually understood it properly.

That "merely believe the Bible" is not enough!

Case - in - point - once - more...

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Or to Apollos, the Jew with a Greek name whom Aquila and Priscilla had been able to bring up to date on his understanding of some distinctions between some thing's because he had actually heard them out?

Again, you only prove there is a difference between believing one passage or another, and having actually understood it properly.

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
You are MAD!
Therefore, everything you say is error and/or out of context, according to Dodgeism.

dodge

Really "what if" ? That is NOT the case he wrote to a gentile no "what if" changes the truth or the facts ?

Really Danoh it just appears you are using "any" excuse to avoid what scripture actually says.

Danoh

Really "what if" ? That is NOT the case he wrote to a gentile no "what if" changes the truth or the facts ?

Really Danoh it just appears you are using "any" excuse to avoid what scripture actually says.

lol - my point is you can not go on an uncertainty.

And going by an individual's name alone is just that - an uncertainty.

Fact is that back then, as now, people often had names that did not necessarily reflect their actual ethnicity.

What because the Lord's name was Jesus that means that those Hispanics, and even some African-Americans name their child Jesus; that means they are Jews?

duh-uh, brother, duh...uh :chuckle:

My point to you is think - a - thing - through, Mr. Army* man.

dodge

lol - my point is you can not go an uncertainty.

And going by an individual's name alone is just that - an uncertainty.

Fact is that back then, as now, people often had names that did not necessarily reflect Their actual ethnicity.

What because the Lord's name was Jesus that means that those Hispanics, and even some African-Americans: who name their child Jesus, that means they are Jews?

duh-uh, brother, duh...uh :chuckle:

My point to you is think - a - thing - through, Mr. Army man*.

Army ? Nope that would be Marine Corps.

Uncertainty ? I have more confidence in scripture than that.

Danoh

Army ? Nope that would be Marine Corps.

Uncertainty ? I have more confidence in scripture than that.

You see that asterisk I added at the end just before you posted your answer?

I know you are Marine, bro.

Am U.S.A. proud of you for it, bro.

But I said Army intentionally - towards making a point.

Both Army and Marine are Military.

Doesn't make them the same, though.

Doesn't mean their instructions are the same.

In fact, there are "Things That Differ" between them.

My point?

The very principle you continually prove you have failed to consider when studying the Scripture.

Both Israel and the Body are "of the household of God."

Doesn't make them the same.

Yet you feel the need to insult what I hold to on all that, instead of being the brother in the Lord towards me about it that I am being towards you and simply being willing to compare notes, In the spirit or heart attitude of Eph. 4:16.

As in the thing that differs between the following two groups...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few. 17:13 But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

Yours in Him, nevertheless, bro.

dodge

You see that asterisk I added at the end just before you posted your answer?

I know you are Marine, bro.

Am U.S.A. proud of you for it, bro.

But I said Army intentionally - towards making a point.

Both Army and Marine are Military.

Doesn't make them the same, though.

In fact, there are "Things That Differ" between them.

My point?

The very principle you continually prove you have failed to consider when studying the Scripture.

Both Israel and the Body are "of the household of God."

Doesn't make them the same.

Yet you feel the need to insult what I hold to on all that, instead of being the brother in the Lord towards me about it that I am being towards you and simply being willing to compare notes, In the spirit or heart attitude of Eph. 4:16.

As in the thing that differs between the following two groups...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few. 17:13 But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

Yours in Him, nevertheless, bro.

Gal 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Be blessed !

Danoh

Gal 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Be blessed !

Was that always the case?

You only show you have left too many questions un-asked about what all a passage like that is talking about.

You may as well assert that the instructions of the Marines (on the Earth) are the same as the instructions for the Air Force (in the Air).

Earth: Israelites over the Gentiles nations of this Earth.

Body: Formerly lost Jews and Gentiles, as a New Creature, this side of ISRAEL'S fall and TEMPORARY setting aside.

Said New Creature to reign over the Heavenly Host.

But like I said, you may as well assert that the instructions of the Marines (on the Earth) are the same as the instructions for the Air Force (in the Air).

Prov. 27:17