THREE BAPTISMS

DougE

Matthew 3:11 KJV - I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

In this passage it can be seen baptism is more than just a water baptism.

John baptized with water, but Jesus was said to baptize without water.

Jesus is talking to Israel in this passage, not unto the church, the body of Christ.

Jesus said he would baptize believing Israel with the Holy Ghost; this can be seen below:

John 20:22-23 KJV - And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Jesus himself imparts the Holy Ghost to the believing disciples, and empowers them to remit sin. Notice that this power was given not to the church, the body of Christ, but only to the remnant of Israel disciples.

Acts 1:5 KJV - For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Jesus said the twelve apostles would be baptized with the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:2).

Acts 1:8 KJV - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Jesus was sending the apostles out to preach the gospel of the kingdom.

Acts 2:4 KJV - And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

I see only the twelve apostles as being filled with the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues.

The baptism of fire is that of judgment:

Isaiah 4:4 KJV - When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

Zechariah 13:9 KJV - And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

1 Peter 1:7 KJV - That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

These verses are for Israel, not the church of God, the body of Christ.

The church today has one Spirit baptism:

1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV - For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
There are MANY baptisms in the Bible, but Churchianity fixates on the water ceremony.

Here is another type of baptism:
Mat 20:22-23 KJV But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. (23) And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
Every reference to baptism in those two verses is referring to DEATH.
Also note that Jesus is speaking to two members of the twelve apostles.

Last edited: