ECT "This Generation"

Interplanner

Not everything Jesus prophecied in the Oliver discourse came to pass in 70 A.D. even if we grant you the temple stones issue.

Olivet.

Oliver was an oppretta and I'm not sure he addressed these things! lol

Mt24A is about the 1st century Judea. All the references are local. (Don't forget that 'gaia'--land--is often a country, not the whole earth). A ends at 29.

Mt24B is about the whole world; again, see the references. I think it was intended to happen in the 1st century, but that is up to the Father.

john w

Hall of Fame
Um....I think you're full of yourself.

I owe you no apology.

I couldn't care less if you ever respond to another one of my posts.

You're a Darby follower.

Witness, the obsessed, miserable, loser's mindset, as he thinks everyone is attempting to gyp him out of his blow pops/suckers, and all he has, is a "Darby" spam in his holster, in reaction to some dude named "Darby," either beating him to a pulp, in his past, or castrating him, emotionally.

Pull up your bunny shirt, little arms/no chin Craigie, the obsessed, emotionally distraught train wreck.

ClimateSanity

Olivet.

Oliver was an oppretta and I'm not sure he addressed these things! lol

Mt24A is about the 1st century Judea. All the references are local. (Don't forget that 'gaia'--land--is often a country, not the whole earth). A ends at 29.

Mt24B is about the whole world; again, see the references. I think it was intended to happen in the 1st century, but that is up to the Father.

It didn't happen in the first century.

Interplanner

Mt24A is 1st century; but the final coming in judgement of the whole world has not yet.

That's why Lk 21 is so final and clear about the DofJ.

john w

Hall of Fame
You owe ALL OF US an apology. You are a rude, disrespectful punk.

Yes, Craigie. You are condescending, scornful, bitter punk, so obsessed, you'll engage in any type of deceit, and vile actions. Defiled, seared conscience, and all.... Act like a man, for a change, you spineless punk, and apologize.

ClimateSanity

Mt24A is 1st century; but the final coming in judgement of the whole world has not yet.

The scope of "this generation" is both first century and yet future. If you look at the Oliver discourse in all the synoptic Gospels, you can see it refers to both.

Interplanner

But I don't. I see Judaic details in 24A and then it spreads out wide. Look at all the 'this generation' sayings of them and they are about that one. So is Hebrews, with some of the same reasons.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah, that is the judgement when the men of Ninny and the Queenie are going to be with "this generation" to judge them because of their denial and rejection of Christ.

Wrong.

The men of Ninny were not resurrected at the first resurrection.

They will be resurrected at the second resurrection with the Christ rejecting Jews.

So, if as you say, the Roman Army in 70AD was the judgement on them for their rejection of Christ, then the men of Ninny and Queenie need to be there for that judgement.

Wrong again Tam.

Unbelievers were not raised at the first resurrection, they will be raised at the second resurrection to stand before the Great White Throne Judgment.

Maybe we are just talking past each other, cause I can't figure out what you think the judgement of 70AD was about, if not for the rejection of Christ.

That is what it was about.

I thought you claim 70AD was the judgement on them for rejecting Christ.
:idunno:

It was.

But it wasn't the second resurrection, and it wasn't the Great White Throne Judgment.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Did the Christian Jews flee to the mountains when the Romans surrounded Jerusalem in the first century?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, it is not.
The verses plainly says it is judgement for their unbelief and rejection of the words and works of the greater prophet than Jonah ----- Jesus.
Even Gentiles believed the lesser prophet Jonah and repented, but God's own people (Israel) wouldn't believe the greater prophet Jesus and repent.
He came unto His own, and His own received Him not.

Luke 11:31-32 KJV
(31) The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
(32) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.​

It is judgement for their unbelief and rejection of the words of the greater prophet than Jonah ----- Christ.
That's what the Ninny men and Queenie rise up to do ----- judge them for their unbelief and rejection of Jesus.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, it is not.

Rev 20 proves you wrong.

(31) The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
(32) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.[/INDENT]

It says: "shall rise up IN THE JUDGMENT with the men of this generation.

For what you are claiming, the definite article "the" before "judgment" would have to be removed. Also, the queen and the men from Nineve "rise up", that is reference to the second resurrection.

Somehow, you think the queen of the south and the men from Nineve rise up out of their graves, and inflict judgment on the Jews.

That's not what the verses say.

What they say is after the second resurrection, at the Great White Throne Judgment, the queen of the south and the Ninevites will condemn the Jews at the Great White Throne Judgment.

"The Judgment" is the final Great White Throne Judgement that takes place at the second resurrection, when the thousand years is over.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rev 20 proves you wrong.
What's Revelation got to do with it?
We're back here in Luke.

It says: "shall rise up IN THE JUDGMENT with the men of this generation.
I know what it says, goofy.
I quoted it.

Also, the queen and the men from Nineve "rise up", that is reference to the second resurrection.
Says who????

Somehow, you think the queen of the south and the men from Nineve rise up out of their graves, and inflict judgment on the Jews.
Jesus can raise up anybody He wants to, anytime He wants to.
He can raise up stones if He want to.
Lots of folks in the bible rose from the dead before 70AD.

That's not what the verses say.
I quoted the verse.
I know what it says.

What they say is after the second resurrection, at the Great White Throne Judgment, the queen of the south and the Ninevites will condemn the Jews at the Great White Throne Judgment.
That's not what it says.
You're adding stuff where it ain't.

"The Judgment" is the final Great White Throne Judgement that takes place at the second resurrection, when the thousand years is over.
That's for all sin for everybody.
The judgment the Ninny men and Queenie rise up for is the specific sin of a specific group (Israel) rejecting their Messiah.
They don't rise up to judge every sin of everybody.

:mock:preterists Darby haters, always making up stuff.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's for all sin for everybody.

This is one of the reasons you are so confused.

Nobody is judged for sin. All sin was paid for at the cross.

To judge someone for sin again would be double jeopardy.

The judgment the Ninny men and Queenie rise up for is the specific sin of a specific group (Israel) rejecting their Messiah.

For arguments sake, when does this take place according to your Dispensationalism?

SaulToPaul 2

Fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Christ Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets.

Ezekiel 37 "fulfilled in Christ Jesus", magically, somehow.
Were the prophecies about 70ad "fulfilled in Christ Jesus" or literally fulfilled?

Why are only some prophecies fulfilled literally, but others are given the magic wand treatment?

Wick Stick

Why are only some prophecies fulfilled literally, but others are given the magic wand treatment?
Do you believe all prophecies are literal? Doubt it... I don't know anyone who does. Some prophecies ARE literal, and others are visions which are meant to be interpreted.

The only magic is figuring out which is which.