This Black WAS abused by cops.. Sandra Bland

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't really believe the above.

Have you ever hired a lawyer for serious litigation? They can take up to 7 years in preparation. I hope she wins millions.

It doesn't take 7 years to file a lawsuit. Weird isnt it that other news agencies saw no need to report on this lawsuit filed in feb, after fact checking.

So you believe she should win based on her word on it only?

GFR7

It doesn't take 7 years to file a lawsuit. Weird isnt it that other news agencies saw no need to report on this lawsuit filed in feb, after fact checking.

So you believe she should win based on her word on it only?
From everything I've read and viewed, I believe her word is good, yes.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
From everything I've read and viewed, I believe her word is good, yes.

The only thing you have read and viewed is a copy of her lawsuit. Got any pics of her injuries or any copy of a report filed about them from 2011?

GFR7

The only thing you have read and viewed is a copy of her lawsuit. Got any pics of her injuries or any copy of a report filed about them from 2011?
I have seen too many stories on police violence to have much cause for doubt, but of course it is up to the judge to rule. I've said all I want to say on this. back to OP :patrol:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Seriously? He asked her what was bothering her, and she answered. He could have just been done at that point. But no, for some bizarre reason he had to "order" her to put out her cigarette, which he has no power to do. And she rightly called him on it.

Had he just given her the warning and walked away, that would have been the end of it all.

I agree, I think he was looking for a reason to escalate. It's naive to think that cops don't do that kind of thing, because they do. Because they can.

Nazaroo

I agree, I think he was looking for a reason to escalate. It's naive to think that cops don't do that kind of thing, because they do. Because they can.

The fact that the cop did a U-turn to pull her over looks an awful lot
like he was looking for her, and I.D.ed her plate or car.

Cops don't pull dramatic u-turns to pull over drivers who fail to signal lane changes going the other way.

GFR7

Cops don't pull dramatic u-turns to pull over drivers who fail to signal lane changes going the other way.
ABSOLUTELY :up:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Says you.

Says the internet, please show otherwise.

This statement from her attorney is telling also:

"In the suit, her lawyer, Nikki Bonner, of Bonner & Penn in Atlanta, claims less force 'should have been used' by Jenkins." That statement by her lawyer tells me that there is much more to this story.....if events happened there way the story reads then NO force should have been used.

Her lawyers also never got back with the couple news agencies that actually did try to talk to them about it, and 4 years later and suing for only 50,000 for brutality based on nothing that caused a misscarriage, is pretty cheap dont you think?

This reeks of someone just trying to cash in on the past years police brutality claims.

So prove me wrong, show us your facts other than her lawsuit claim alone.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Sure they do, weve been pulled over exactly like that before.

GFR7

Says the internet, please show otherwise.

This statement from her attorney is telling also:

"In the suit, her lawyer, Nikki Bonner, of Bonner & Penn in Atlanta, claims less force 'should have been used' by Jenkins." That statement by her lawyer tells me that there is much more to this story.....if events happened there way the story reads then NO force should have been used.

Her lawyers also never got back with the couple news agencies that actually did try to talk to them about it, and 4 years later and suing for only 50,000 for brutality based on nothing that caused a misscarriage, is pretty cheap dont you think?

This reeks of someone just trying to cash in on the past years police brutality claims.

So prove me wrong, show us your facts other than her lawsuit claim alone.
No can do. No time. :wave2: (do you think it's OK for rape/molestation victims to press suits years after the fact? :think: )

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I have seen too many stories on police violence to have much cause for doubt, but of course it is up to the judge to rule. I've said all I want to say on this. back to OP :patrol:

yeah, i didnt think you could present anything other than her lawsuit claims since i actually checked this all out myself and there isnt anything else other than a local report with the officers side, and then nothing since her lawsuit was filed, no updates other than her attorneys wouldnt respond for comments and the police station had yet to received a copy of the lawsuit.

Kinda slim picking that police hating media would love to run with if there was actual evidence to run with....

GFR7

yeah, i didnt think you could present anything other than her lawsuit claims since i actually checked this all out myself and there isnt anything else other than a local report with the officers side, and then nothing since her lawsuit was filed, no updates other than her attorneys wouldnt respond for comments and the police station had yet to received a copy of the lawsuit.

Kinda slim picking that police hating media would love to run with if there was actual evidence to run with....
Can we drop this, please? :wave: I am too busy now to dig up a better story; there are many out there. If this one is no good, then disregard it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Can we drop this, please? :wave: I am too busy now to dig up a better story; there are many out there. If this one is no good, then disregard it.

yet you support her getting millions (even though shes only asking for 50,000 when a wrongful death occurred supposedly - story stinks to be honest and her own lawyers arent objecting to force being used, but too much force... which says its not like she said...) :think:

GFR7

yet you support her getting millions (even though shes only asking for 50,000 when a wrongful death occurred supposedly - story stinks to be honest and her own lawyers arent objecting to force being used, but too much force... which says its not like she said...) :think:
If the police beating caused a miscarriage, then yes, she should get millions. If the story is bunk, as you say (I really just hastily plucked it up to make a point) then forget it. She will win zippo. Doesn't change my feelings on Sandra Bland incident.

Here is a better one:

Black Woman Beat by California Cop Wins $1.5 Million Settlement
The officer that attacked Marlene Pinnock will also resign.

http://www.bet.com/news/national/20...-california-cop-wins-1-5-million-lawsuit.html

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, you revealed yourself as the chauvinist

Against my own gender? LOL .... right.

and uncaring bigot that you truly are. :wave2:

Make up your mind? First you accuse me of being a chauvinist for siding with the male cop against the female driver.

Now I am a bigot ... based on what? The color of her skin? Religion?

As usual, your are the personification of confusion.