ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

Danoh

Maybe you are reading into it. We know Paul persecuted it before he was saved.

He persecuted THEIR aspect of "the church of God."

The other aspect began with Paul's salvation.

Afterwhich BOTH were being persecuted.

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe. 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: 2:16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Romans 16:3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe you are reading into it. We know Paul persecuted it before he was saved.

The church of God was believers in the body of Christ.

Which is why Christ Jesus said the following to Saul/Paul:

(Acts 9:4) He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

Notice Jesus did NOT say "why do you persecute the church of God?". Jesus clearly called the church of God that Saul/Paul was prosecuting as "me".

Danoh

The church of God was believers in the body of Christ.

Which is why Christ Jesus said the following to Saul/Paul:

(Acts 9:4) He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

Notice Jesus did NOT say "why do you persecute the church of God?". Jesus clearly called the church of God that Saul/Paul was prosecuting as "me".

Because they represented Him.

Just as the Scribes and the Pharisees represented Moses' seat of religious authority over Israel.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

Suggestions...

Suggestions, judgment, sentence, etc. No matter what translation you want to use, the four things James told the Gentiles not to do, has absolutely nothing to do with the Middle Wall of Partition in the temple that separated Jew from Gentile.

Moreover, the 4 things James told the Gentiles not to do did not cause enmity between any two groups of Gentiles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because they represented Him.

Er, no.

Jesus used the word "me" because those believers were His Body.

All who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Body of Jesus, and He is the Head.

There were no two churches, MAD is wrong.

SaulToPaul 2

Suggestions, judgment, sentence, etc. No matter what translation you want to use, the four things James told the Gentiles not to do, has absolutely nothing to do with the Middle Wall of Partition in the temple that separated Jew from Gentile.

Moreover, the 4 things James told the Gentiles not to do did not cause enmity between any two groups of Gentiles.

Enmity is simply division. And, yes, the ordinances separated two types of Gentiles. No doubt about it.

Danoh

Not to mention that one of those is fornication.

Did God do away with prohibiting that one?

Fact is, the Hybrids as "MADS" are simply wrong on this.

Those four items had to do with one strain or another of what was essentially Baal worship.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Enmity is simply division. And, yes, the ordinances separated two types of Gentiles. No doubt about it.

en·mi·ty
ˈenmədē/Submit
noun
the state or feeling of being actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.

Nowhere in the Bible do we find two groups of Gentiles hostile to each other.

The Middle Wall of Partition divided Jew from Gentile. In the first century their was great hostility between Jew and Gentile.

Like I said, you and heir are so wrong on this one, but the two of you have dug yourselves so deep into a hole, you guys can't get out of it.

SaulToPaul 2

en·mi·ty
ˈenmədē/Submit
noun
the state or feeling of being actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.

The Middle Wall of Partition divided Jew from Gentile. In the first century their was great hostility between Jew and Gentile.

Like I said, you and heir are so wrong on this one, but the two of you have dug yourselves so deep into a hole, you guys can't get out of it.

:chuckle:

Danoh

en·mi·ty
ˈenmədē/Submit
noun

Exactly.

And one of the sharpest of the sharp within the whole of Mid-Acts mentions that archeological find: that wall you mentioned, in his teachings on this issue.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Exactly.

And one of the sharpest of the sharp within the whole of Mid-Acts mentions that archeological find: that wall you mentioned, in his teachings on this issue.

There's a reason why heir and STP have to have the two groups as Gentiles. Do you know the reason?

Danoh

There's a reason why heir and STP have to have the two groups as Gentiles. Do you know the reason?

I don't believe they are compelled by some having to have - that is your reading into their intent.

Their actual reason is because that is what their approach sincerely leads them to conclude.

Their approach is obviously off.

But that is no where even near the same as some supposed, up to no good, having to have, going in.

Yours is a false conclusion on that.

Anyway, back to this long, long, long history of the hostility between Jew and Gentile...

1 Samuel 17:26 And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?