ECT Things that are different and yet, are the same . . ;)

Truster

Being born again or being made regenerate is a one off. Regeneration is the start of salvation, but salvation is a process.

Your lack of understanding proves your lack of experience.

They are not the same.

Cross Reference

Being born again or being made regenerate is a one off. Regeneration is the start of salvation, but salvation is a process.

Your lack of understanding proves your lack of experience.

They are not the same.

So I, by saying grace at my dinner table or maybe by going to church on Sunday on religious holidays, profess to be saved though that is the all the time I spend acknowledging God.

People say I am blessed because I am materially prosperous. Question: What am I if not interested in commiting more of my life to God's way for my life by concealing my lack of interest by being an usher in church or serving on the board but, because of believing that is all there is to being saved, never contribute to the teaching of newly saved souls - - what am I if believing for my salvation is all I am? What problem could there be if that is the extent of my religious life?

Truster

So I, by saying grace at my dinner table or maybe by going to church on Sunday on religious holidays, profess to be saved though that is the all the time I spend acknowledging God.

People say I am blessed because I am materially prosperous. Question: What am I if not interested in committing more of my life to God's way for my life by concealing my lack of interest by being an usher in church or serving on the board but, because of believing that is all there is to being saved, never contribute to the teaching of newly saved souls - - what am I if believing for my salvation is all I am? What problem could there be if that is the extent of my religious life?

You people make me laugh when I hear the word committing. As if by your will you can perform anything that pleases the Father.

As for the rest of your post, it is crammed with hypotheticals and a tangle of gibberish.

Cross Reference

You people make me laugh when I hear the word committing. As if by your will you can perform anything that pleases the Father.

As for the rest of your post, it is crammed with hypotheticals and a tangle of gibberish.

Too bad you have nothing to base your findings on. God is always looking righteousness from man. What do you say to that fact?

oatmeal

In a few words:

"Salvation" and being "born again". . . ;)

Things that are different are not the same.

If we look at salvation through the entirety of God's word, we find that there are differences before the accomplished works of Christ and after the accomplished works of Christ.

We learn in Nehemiah 9:27 that God has sent saviours for the benefit of Israel before the writing of Nehemiah, did he stop with Nehemiah? No, Jesus Christ was also sent as a saviour, but his works accomplished so much more.

Instead of earning salvation to whatever degree salvation was available in the OT including the gospels, salvation is now a gift to be received by simply believing (doing) Romans 10:9

Salvation and being born again of God's spirit are two differing descriptions of the same act of God in a person's life who does or did Romans 10:9

Not only are we made whole, (body and soul and spirit instead of just body and soul) not only are we saved from our sins, but we being born again are now part of the family of God with God as our heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as our oldest brother.

We can look to the those who walked (lived the lifestyle of a believer) especially Jesus Christ as examples of how to walk with God, that is how to live God's will in our lives.

DAN P

In a few words:

"Salvation" and being "born again". . . ;)

Hi and the phrase " born again " CONTEXT is for Israel !!

The Greek word for SALVATION / SOTERIA is a Translitered word that can be translated by following :

#1 , Temporal delverance

#2 , From danger

#3, National salvation

#4, To safety

#5, For health

#6 ,Spiriual and eternal

#7, Future deliverance

#8, From deliverance

dan p