"Therefore, Abortion Must Remain Legal"

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
That's 0.2% of women per year, so that probably works out at 5% of all women at some point in their lives. Plus those that didn't give a correct address to get the freebie service. Not insignificant.
No, it's just over 2% of 6,000,000 for 32 years.

It's just over 0.08% per year.

alwight

What are your rationalizations? How do you justify legal abortion? If you're pro-choice, let me know why! ;)

What would it take to change your mind?
I otoh wonder what the rationalisation is for preventing the woman's choice to legally abort, perhaps under any circumstances, such as failed contraception, rape or a likelihood of severe congenital defects.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
-- LH stealthfully traverses the intellectual high road once again. :patrol: --
First off, the word is "stealthily."

Now, as to your foolishness [evidenced in your failure in the English language] it is clear for all to see; you have said no one has a right to life.

The fact that you have said such makes it clear you are a fool, and no one needs me to explain why. If anyone does not understand why I have called you a fool for your statement they will never understand, because they are so deeply foolish there is no correcting it.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Now, as to your foolishness [evidenced in your failure in the English language] it is clear for all to see; you have said no one has a right to life.

The fact that you have said such makes it clear you are a fool, and no one needs me to explain why. If anyone does not understand why I have called you a fool for your statement they will never understand, because they are so deeply foolish there is no correcting it.

Spoken like a truly clueless, spoiled, and naive little pedant.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
When I saw that Granite had posted in this thread I thought to myself, "it's probably something asinine." Then I corrected myself, "It's Granite; of course it's asinine."

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think it was Vonnegut who said that the only people who use semi-colons are folks who want to prove they went to college.:chuckle:

Or in some cases make it look like they went...

gcthomas

No, it's just over 2% of 6,000,000 for 32 years.

It's just over 0.08% per year.

now ...

So?

5,000 out of 3,000,000 per year: 0.16%.

So, 5000 per year out of 3 million women for 32 years gives, guess what?

5% !! As I said before:

That's 0.2% of women per year, so that probably works out at 5% of all women at some point in their lives. Plus those that didn't give a correct address to get the freebie service. Not insignificant.

I was right all along, then. I don't expect an apology, though.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Spoken like a truly clueless, spoiled, and naive little pedant.

Lighthouse can deal with it fine on his own, and Granite has no real concern as to this bothering Lighthouse ;)

Reporting this is rather silly, you see, they like a little :maxi:.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse can deal with it fine on his own, and Granite has no real concern as to this bothering Lighthouse ;)

It's the only way he has to get back at me, considering I don't read his posts and it annoys him.:cheers:

mighty_duck

What are your rationalizations? How do you justify legal abortion? If you're pro-choice, let me know why! ;)

To put it simply:
Women have the right to decide who or what can use their body's most private parts. This right over your own body supersedes the "right" of anyone else to use it, even if their life depends on it. The argument becomes even stronger when you consider the zygote, embryo or early fetus do not have higher brain function, and lack what most of us really value in a person.

While no right is absolute, the argument to keep abortion legal is stronger than the converse, especially earlier in the pregnancy.

What would it take to change your mind?
That would be telling ;)

Perhaps to create a safe, quick, cheap, and painless alternative to abortion, thus making it unnecessary.
Maybe if conservatives started petitioning the government to fund a teleport and incubation technology - teleport the fetus to an incubator and grow it there instead of inside an unwilling woman. And of course to fund the welfare of the ensuing babies.

I think the teleporter is the most likely of all of those...

quip

BANNED
Banned

Its Interesting you ignored critiquing the term 'unconditionally'. I assume you're pro death penalty, perhaps not, nonetheless its a said condition to the aforementioned right. Second, my uncle needs a new liver as his is shot, thus since you assert an unimpeded right to life...that's good news for him! What's your contact information I'll forward it to him, I hope your liver is a perfect match..don't you?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
now ...

So, 5000 per year out of 3 million women for 32 years gives, guess what?

5% !! As I said before:

I was right all along, then. I don't expect an apology, though.
How many of them were repeat offenders?

And do you really think the 3,000,000 were the same 3,000,000 over the course of 32 years?

I just ignore Granite. He's a self-involved, arrogant little man with delusions of grandeur. His posts aren't even worth lining a bird cage.

Its Interesting you ignored critiquing the term 'unconditionally'. I assume you're pro death penalty, perhaps not, nonetheless its a said condition to the aforementioned right. Second, my uncle needs a new liver as his is shot, thus since you assert an unimpeded right to life...that's good news for him! What's your contact information I'll forward it to him, I hope your liver is a perfect match..don't you?
Liar.

The comment that is the issue is that you said unborn infants don't have an unconditional right to life. There is no condition of which they are capable that frees anyone to take their life.

So I missed the word 'unconditionally,' but that's irrelevant as there are those whose right to life is unconditional; those who are the most innocent among us: children, and that includes the preborn.