ECT There is only one Gospel

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You predicted my demise a few years ago and it still hasn't come to fruition? I might have to demand my money back or take you to Small claims court.

Is there an expiration date on that prediction?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Back to the subject at hand. There is ONLY one Gospel for today and that is the Grace Gospel that was given to the Apostle Paul to preach to the Gentiles about 2000 years ago. That same Gospel is upheld today and is open to both Jew and Gentile alike.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Back to the subject at hand. There is ONLY one Gospel for today and that is the Grace Gospel that was given to the Apostle Paul to preach to the Gentiles about 2000 years ago. That same Gospel is upheld today and is open to both Jew and Gentile alike.

Paul explained much of the original gospel first received by the Church of Pentecost.

There is only one Gospel of Christ. Paul did not introduce a new Gospel, for he was saved by the original gospel and preached the same as did Peter--

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's nonsense of course, since it is in the same chapter as any other gospel is anathema. You might get a little bit more familiar with your NT before you make such a declaration. Why is it so hard for you amateurs to realize you don't know the material, but you also pontificate that there are 13 gospels? Why do you bother?

There are several sayings that all add out to the one gospel:
the son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins
Christ died, was buried and resurrected
Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God
Jesus is the Christ
In Christ, all the fulness of the Deity lived in bodily form
Whatever God promised to the fathers, he has fulfilled by raising Jesus from the dead
etc

If you don't realize the essential unity of all of above, you shouldn't be handling the material.

The Gal 1-2 passage has 3 proofs of the singular gospel; it is not a cockamanie after thought added on by me or anyone. But in this v24 case, we have the "opponents" with the other gospel saying it is the same Gospel, in the form of recounting an interaction with Paul, but you don't know what you are looking at.

I'm not impressed by Star Wars grammar when you don't know what your looking at. Try doing some real work on real grammar, OK?

True.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Faith plus works to Israel including the law is not the righteousness of God without the law that Paul preached, LA.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul explained much of the original gospel first received by the Church of Pentecost.

There is only one Gospel of Christ. Paul did not introduce a new Gospel, for he was saved by the original gospel and preached the same as did Peter--

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

LA
Paul did not preach baptism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV) looking forward to the blotting out of sins in the future (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) as Peter did.

Paul preached the good news by which we are saved; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and that we have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

You cannot make those the same no matter how hard you try.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Adam did act in defiance of God's preordained will (Law).
Adam did exactly as God predestined - according to you doctrine - and COULD NOT HAVE DONE OTHERWISE.

Correct. God not only ordained His holy will, He ordained the consequences of defying and disobeying His will.

Simple . . . but very profound Truths.
Do you intentionally contradict yourself or do you say such things and not notice the conflict between them?

Is it when two truth claims contradict one another that they become "profound truths"?

That's a serious question, by the way. To most people reading this, those last two questions will seem rhetorical in that they appear to answer themselves. And while I think I could guess your answer, I don't think I'd bet my house on my guess being right.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Danoh

Thanks from the MAD step children.

I have often posted in that way because I have always been aware on a first name basis with other MADs (way before I ever even heard of TOL) that there are MADs out there who's understanding in some areas is different from my own, and visa versa, and out of respect for them, I have never wanted to make it appear that the views I hold represent all MADs.

I care about that kind of thing. We each should.

I have not found that in the arrogance of some TOL MADs; some of which in fact assert they alone are right.

This has nothing to do with viewing other MADs as step children, or what have you.

:doh:

Interplanner

I have often posted in that way because I have always been aware on a first name basis with other MADs (way before I ever even heard of TOL) that there are MADs out there who's understanding in some areas is different from my own, and visa versa, and out of respect for them, I have never wanted to make it appear that the views I hold represent all MADs.

I care about that kind of thing. We each should.

I have not found that in the arrogance of some TOL MADs; some of which in fact assert they alone are right.

This has nothing to do with viewing other MADs as step children, or what have you.

:doh:

But 2P2P is still 2P2P. The mistake of thinking the accounts in the gospels or Acts are as final as the doctrinal treatments of the Letters is still there.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Show where Peter preached "that Christ died for our sins" as the good news of Pentecost. We've been waiting for you to do so for years and we're still waiting.

Perhaps LA is waiting until the last of the TOLers leaves this world before she answers? Of course, that's assuming she happens to outlive the rest? She might just do that.