ECT There are dispensations, but not MADs!

Interplanner

What happens in the changes of the NT period with the coming of Christ is best called 'course-correction.' The ship had drifted badly and the arrogant captain and his crew would not believe they were a hemisphere off.

The course correction began in the exilic prophets. Yes, that far back. But this was hidden to Judaism in the 1st century; they had no idea that when Jesus of Nazareth came, it was all actually about him. This hiddenness is called the 'veil' and also applies to Moses. It also is called a mystery, because it was all meant to be true in Christ (Eph 3:5-6), not in the law as practiced in Judaism in the 1st century.

Ships do not correct quickly and the apostle who was quick to act even got into trouble. When fully corrected, the course is called the dispensation of Christ, and always was envisioned (embedded in the OT), and always was to reach the nations, until the end of time.

D'ism looks for too many; we really don't need to be concerned about anything but the previous and its demise, Gal 4 etc.,--so that we don't revert back to it like they did (and in Colossians). And the proper name would be ED--for exilic dispensationalism. As they are going through the awful experience of the exile, Israel and Jerusalem is 'comforted' by the new direction they are supposed to go in Christ. The idea that is never sorted out until the middle of Acts is juvenile and fraudulent.

Jerry Shugart

Since you consider yourself an expert on the dispensations please give me your interpretation of the words in "bold" here:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you"
(Eph.3:2).​

In what sense was the "dispensation of the grace of God" given to Paul?

What was Paul supposed to do when he received that dispensation?

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am going to answer since IP is not going to answer and will only offer misdirection. When Paul was given his administration (dispensation), he magnified his office.

Right Divider

Body part
What happens in the changes of the NT period with the coming of Christ is best called 'course-correction.' The ship had drifted badly and the arrogant captain and his crew would not believe they were a hemisphere off.

The course correction began in the exilic prophets. Yes, that far back. But this was hidden to Judaism in the 1st century; they had no idea that when Jesus of Nazareth came, it was all actually about him. This hiddenness is called the 'veil' and also applies to Moses. It also is called a mystery, because it was all meant to be true in Christ (Eph 3:5-6), not in the law as practiced in Judaism in the 1st century.

Ships do not correct quickly and the apostle who was quick to act even got into trouble. When fully corrected, the course is called the dispensation of Christ, and always was envisioned (embedded in the OT), and always was to reach the nations, until the end of time.

D'ism looks for too many; we really don't need to be concerned about anything but the previous and its demise, Gal 4 etc.,--so that we don't revert back to it like they did (and in Colossians). And the proper name would be ED--for exilic dispensationalism. As they are going through the awful experience of the exile, Israel and Jerusalem is 'comforted' by the new direction they are supposed to go in Christ. The idea that is never sorted out until the middle of Acts is juvenile and fraudulent.
:french:
"Dispensation of Christ"--- made up, Appears nowhere in scripture.

You need some serious help.

Jerry Shugart

I am going to answer since IP is not going to answer and will only offer misdirection. When Paul was given his administration (dispensation), he magnified his office.

I asked interplanner those questions so we can judge if he really has an understanding of the dispensations since he claims to be an expert on them.

Interplanner

:french:
"Dispensation of Christ"--- made up, Appears nowhere in scripture.

You need some serious help.

Of course it is a huge difference to call it the dispensation of grace, just huge.
And a huge difference to be called the 'the day of salvation, the time of grace'. Is 49:6. Just absolutely huge.

Your boat is sinking. Take a life jacket from the Gospel.

Right Divider

Body part
Of course it is a huge difference to call it the dispensation of grace, just huge.
The Bible is a book of details, none of which you have the slightest clue.

And a huge difference to be called the 'the day of salvation, the time of grace'. Is 49:6. Just absolutely huge.
It's just amazing that you can always completely ignore the context of passages and try to CHANGE it to serve your perverse purposes.

Isa 49:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(49:6) And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.​

You are a Bible twister and a scriptural perverter!

Your boat is sinking. Take a life jacket from the Gospel.
I'm on solid ground. You are lost in your perverted commentaries.

Last edited:

Interplanner

RD tried:
It's just amazing that you can always completely ignore the context of passages and try to CHANGE it to server your perverse purposes.

See the thing is RD, the passage was quoted authoritatively by Paul at the start of 2 Cor 6 (but badly divided from ch 5).

So what you are doing is telling me that RD is the apostles whose word we are to follow on these distinctions. This is why I wrote the thread about the war on the Bible in 2P2P and others about how 2P2P is its own law when it comes to reading the NT.

2nd, you are unaware that the same Isaiah line 'you are a light to the Gentiles' is about Christ in Acts 13:47, not Israel. That is what it means that 2P2P is a cult. If the NT says it, 2P2P switches it to Israel.

Of course, Israel (or anyone) is a light to the nations through the light of Christ. But one thing at a time, or you will get lost.

You are the main leader of that misguided way of reading, as far as I can tell, here at TOL.

Interplanner

[My mistake about the thread title. MADs should rightly have an apostrophe in it: I was referring to the dispensations that MAD thinks exists.]

Jerry Shugart

[My mistake about the thread title. MADs should rightly have an apostrophe in it: I was referring to the dispensations that MAD thinks exists.]

Since you consider yourself an expert on the dispensations please give me your interpretation of the words in "bold" here:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you"

Interplanner

It's the Gospel of Christ. He's speaking to mostly Gentiles, so where else would they get it? The other Jewish apostles were (at that time) still having scrums about whether to actually go out there among Gentiles. He was absolutely sure he had a message that was transcultural; they were too fumbling to get that, asking about a kingdom for Israel and avoiding Gentile foods, etc. Paul was removed from everything familiar for years so that he was truly transcultural upon starting his ministry

DAN P

It's the Gospel of Christ. He's speaking to mostly Gentiles, so where else would they get it? The other Jewish apostles were (at that time) still having scrums about whether to actually go out there among Gentiles. He was absolutely sure he had a message that was transcultural; they were too fumbling to get that, asking about a kingdom for Israel and avoiding Gentile foods, etc. Paul was removed from everything familiar for years so that he was truly transcultural upon starting his ministry

Hi and 2 Tim 1:9 SINKS YOUR BOAT , but you have no BOAT as the B O C was called before TIME BEGAN !!

Also Eph 1:4 destroys you !!

There is only ONE DISPENSATION and is found in Eph 3:2 , G\1 Tim 1:4 and in Rom 16:25 and 26 just for starters !!

Your post was not even a good try !!

Case closed !!

dan p

Interplanner

Gen. 3.

But it wasn't presented to Israel as an alternate to its monarchy and those purposes until after the exile was on its way. Israel should have believed all its prophets about this and did not.

Israel had no problem accepting a land promise monarchy, Jn 12:34. That might be the ultimate Biblical paradox.

Jerry Shugart

But it wasn't presented to Israel as an alternate to its monarchy and those purposes until after the exile was on its way. Israel should have believed all its prophets about this and did not.

The gospel of Christ was not made known previously:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, even the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith " (Ro.16:25-26).​

Right Divider

Body part
RD tried:
It's just amazing that you can always completely ignore the context of passages and try to CHANGE it to server your perverse purposes.

See the thing is RD, the passage was quoted authoritatively by Paul at the start of 2 Cor 6 (but badly divided from ch 5).
But the great IP cannot even quote the verses.

You are confused and useless.